THE PP OUTDOOR FORUMS

Kast Gear!

Power Pro Shimano Reels G Loomis Rods

Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Page 4 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#819437 - 02/01/13 12:12 AM Re: A great solo trip today...chromage. ***** [Re: Moravec]
redhook
Unregistered

dude, you carry a Taurus .44 with you... or carried... there was a reason for that...

#819438 - 02/01/13 12:15 AM Re: A great solo trip today...chromage. [Re: Moravec]
yarnballsdeep
Unregistered

Huh? I have spent many of hour in timber as well. I will always fear and respect them damn cats. I will kill my first in the next year.

#819439 - 02/01/13 12:15 AM Re: A great solo trip today...chromage. [Re: ]
Todd Offline
Dick Nipples

Loc: Seattle, Washington USA
Did you just say "Taurus"?

Now we're at four stars smile

Fish on...

Todd

Team Flying Super Ditch Pickle

#819440 - 02/01/13 12:16 AM Re: A great solo trip today...chromage. [Re: ]
yarnballsdeep
Unregistered

Attempt to kill.

#819444 - 02/01/13 12:24 AM Re: A great solo trip today...chromage. [Re: ]
Moravec Offline

Loc: Snoqualmie WA/Cordova AK
Originally Posted By: redhook
dude, you carry a Taurus .44 with you... or carried... there was a reason for that...

Yes, I bought one for two specific locations. Katala River & Martin River. Both are drainages between the Copper River & Tsiu (sp?) SE of Cordova, AK. I don't carry/have carried. The way I see it, if you have to scare away Brown Bears daily, it probably isn't a terrible idea to have a firearm. Bears (godless killing machines) are a daily occurance at most of our locations, but at those two locations the bears seem to be larger and more grumpy. Since our lodge's inception (1998), we have never had a guide need to shoot a bear, no clients have been harmed, and to my knowledge no bears have ever been sprayed, yet I figured that if ever I would find the need to carry, it would be there... but I always forget to bring the damned thing.... the waffles are so good at breakfast that packing is the least of my concerns.

#819445 - 02/01/13 12:26 AM Re: A great solo trip today...chromage. [Re: ]
Moravec Offline

Originally Posted By: redhook

So while you are a true internet slueth, you are completely incorrect... but thanks for remembering that I did buy a .44 mag at one point.

#819446 - 02/01/13 12:29 AM Re: A great solo trip today...chromage. [Re: ]
yarnballsdeep
Unregistered

My ex has been going to hot yoga for a while...any of you fuks go to one in Longview you will regret it. Nite pussy farts....

#819447 - 02/01/13 12:31 AM Re: A great solo trip today...chromage. [Re: ]
yarnballsdeep
Unregistered

I carry a kershaw..

#819448 - 02/01/13 12:32 AM Re: A great solo trip today...chromage. [Re: ]
yarnballsdeep
Unregistered

Speed safe cause I'm a thug..

#819449 - 02/01/13 12:32 AM Re: A great solo trip today...chromage. [Re: ]
Moravec Offline

Will I get night-pussy-farts? or is that a threat: good night pussy-farts? Either way, I don't always go to Longview, but when I do, I regret it.

#819450 - 02/01/13 12:34 AM Re: A great solo trip today...chromage. [Re: Moravec]
Moravec Offline

Most cougar hunters never find em... in the woods that is.

#819452 - 02/01/13 12:38 AM Re: A great solo trip today...chromage. [Re: Moravec]
redhook
Unregistered

and most hunters dont know what the fvck they are doing... dont mean they aint there...

#819453 - 02/01/13 12:39 AM Re: A great solo trip today...chromage. [Re: Moravec]
yarnballsdeep
Unregistered

You're slow...I was saying good nite. I was telling the homo who goes to hot yoga to stay outta my old ladies class. Boss at work eats and breathes cats and bears. Has cameras fuking scattered across the tri state area. He has hunted so long he just gets his rocks off treeing them and taking fancy shots with his camera. He would be honored to get me my first kitty.. you are all that is man though, you have been to Alaska.. keep up buddy.

#819454 - 02/01/13 12:41 AM Re: A great solo trip today...chromage. [Re: ]
yarnballsdeep
Unregistered

Who knows though...I know where cats are, shooting is a different thing. Ethically that is.

#819477 - 02/01/13 01:19 AM Re: A great solo trip today...chromage. [Re: Todd]
Sol Duc Offline
April Fool

Originally Posted By: Todd
Did you just say "Taurus"?

Now we're at four stars smile

Fish on...

Todd

hehehe

- Albert Einstein.

#819487 - 02/01/13 01:32 AM Re: A great solo trip today...chromage. [Re: Sol Duc]
snit Offline
Three Time Spawner

Loc: Wenatchee, WA
Pistols and spoons.....never packed either...never felt like I had too...still caught a couple fish without them on the Westside rivers over the last 20yrs...I'm all for the 2nd tho...the right to bare spoons or something like that. J/K

Another reason why I fish out of my boat...nice dime bright 'nana! Shoulda had lice on it she was so fresh!!!

#819512 - 02/01/13 03:35 AM Re: A great solo trip today...chromage. [Re: Jerry Garcia]
superfly Offline
The Renegade White Man

Loc: The Coast or the Keys !!!
sweet drew,
its funny I sent him a pick of my new river weapon, I carry it on my back with a single point sling and a 30 rd mag..........LOL

Nice

I am looking forward to some photo shop pics though that I heard might make it your way !

Peace
Fly

360-888-7772

Stay Tuned for upcoming Hunts & Fishing info...........

New website & Channel Dropping soon !

Stay tuned for Turkey, Bear & Deer Hunts Along with Guided Sport Fishing.

Book Release Prior to Christmas 2021

#819519 - 02/01/13 05:54 AM Re: A great solo trip today...chromage. [Re: superfly]
steeliedrew Offline
SRC Poser

Loc: Snohomish
Todd,

Please post your cougar (mountain lion) story from a few years back when you hiked into the mouth of the Salmon. I remember you saying that you stumbled onto a fresh kill site and were ankle deep in elk blood. Its stories like that the make me glad I carry.....

"Dude...where's your boat!?" Team runaway drift boat prostaff.

Big Stick 2012: "EVERY thought of my being, is in regards to being a Hi-Tech Predator and I relish the role."

#819525 - 02/01/13 09:26 AM Re: A great solo trip today...chromage. [Re: steeliedrew]
Brad_tgl Offline
Spawner

Loc: Port Angeles, WA
I've had a few cougar encounters out here on the OP and if I can peel away from my studies I'll share a couple. Nothing has humbled me more in the outdoors than being squared off with a cat as I've stumbled upon its kill. Sure wish I would've been armed. I know, I know there has been very few documented attacks if any but I don't want to be the "chosen one" who gets mauled.

It's funny some people I know have spent years out in the timber and have never had any encounters and others like myself seem to have a cougar magnet attached to them.

The naysayers of packing will tell you that you'll never get a shot off if they attack. This is true if they are stalking you from behind. However, it's a different circumstance when you come upon a kill. On two occasions I could've shot one dead on from 30 feet and my father-in law could've put one down that was staring him and I down last month.

#819530 - 02/01/13 10:15 AM Re: A great solo trip today...chromage. [Re: Brad_tgl]
steeliedrew Offline
SRC Poser

Loc: Snohomish
Brad,

I'd love to hear the stories. The closest I've been (that I was aware of...) was a couple winters ago on a coastal stream. There was snow on the ground and we were walking back to the rig, following some fresh elk tracks. Along with the elk tracks were the solitary tracks of a big Tom cougar. The paws were bigger than our hands and down the middle of the tracks was a drag mark from its tail.

"Dude...where's your boat!?" Team runaway drift boat prostaff.

Big Stick 2012: "EVERY thought of my being, is in regards to being a Hi-Tech Predator and I relish the role."

Page 4 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
derekE, hunting 6x6, josh870, Lanny McGlamery, steelie guy, Vern B.
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
0 registered (), 755 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 27837
Dan S. 16958
Sol Duc 15727
The Moderator 13941
Salmo g. 13394
eyeFISH 12606
STRIKE ZONE 11969
Dogfish 10878
ParaLeaks 10363
Jerry Garcia 9013
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63786 Topics
645447 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |