#823110 - 02/15/13 05:59 PM Re: Clackacraft Driftboat for sale [Re: ]
Piper
Unregistered

the cop wrote you a ticket because you are a moron

and you were illegal

#823113 - 02/15/13 06:06 PM Re: Clackacraft Driftboat for sale [Re: ]
redhook
Unregistered

im not a moron, it wasnt my boat, nor was i operating it...

i had also asked another WDFW officer i know if i could run a trolling motor on the boat at our cabin without being lisenced...

no, salt water is navicable waters... you can have any size boat you want, but if it even has a motor anywhere on it, regardless if its used or not, it must be registered/numbered.... if you are rowing, and no motor is on the boat, you do not need to register it...

i dont know how it is on rivers, but if they are classified as navicable, and the boats have a motor, you need to have it tabbed up... just drifting, you may not as Joe said, but again, i dont know about how rivers operate....

#823120 - 02/15/13 06:46 PM Re: Clackacraft Driftboat for sale [Re: ]
RB3 Offline
Repeat Spawner

Bump

#823123 - 02/15/13 06:59 PM Re: Clackacraft Driftboat for sale [Re: ]
Piper
Unregistered

Originally Posted By: redhook
i know this because we borrowed a 8ft Livingtston, with a 6 horse, and got ticketed

I misspoke, you did say "We"...

anybody that hangs out with you is also a moron and deserves a ticket.

#823133 - 02/15/13 07:44 PM Re: Clackacraft Driftboat for sale [Re: ]
JTD Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Browns Point,Wa. USA

rolleyes
In the legend of King Arthur, the Fisher King was a renowned angler whose errant ways caused him to be struck dumb in the presence of the sacred chalice. I am no great fisherman, and a steelhead is not the covenant of Christ, but with each of these fish I am rendered speechless.

#823187 - 02/15/13 11:23 PM Re: Clackacraft Driftboat for sale [Re: JTD]
Piper
Unregistered

Originally Posted By: JTD

rolleyes

when I was 16, I asked my dad to put numbers on the 12'er so I could take it out with the 6 horse and fish day island for salmon...

Ignorance is no excuse, even for a 20 something couch potato

wink

#823188 - 02/15/13 11:27 PM Re: Clackacraft Driftboat for sale [Re: ]
CHROMETHIOUS
Unregistered

Originally Posted By: Piper
Originally Posted By: redhook
i know this because we borrowed a 8ft Livingtston, with a 6 horse, and got ticketed

I misspoke, you did say "We"...

anybody that hangs out with you is also a moron and deserves a ticket.

There is no convincing redhook of his worthlessness. I am starting to think he is a fictional character. You have never taken one word of advise on here. Ever. You really need to go to the vet and get fixed. You are every father of a daughters worst nightmare. Obviously Katie has no father or you would be dead.

#823189 - 02/15/13 11:28 PM Re: Clackacraft Driftboat for sale [Re: ]
CHROMETHIOUS
Unregistered

Was your dad the guy on Sling Blade?

#823190 - 02/15/13 11:30 PM Re: Clackacraft Driftboat for sale [Re: ]
CHROMETHIOUS
Unregistered

Originally Posted By: Piper
Originally Posted By: JTD

rolleyes

when I was 16, I asked my dad to put numbers on the 12'er so I could take it out with the 6 horse and fish day island for salmon...

Ignorance is no excuse, even for a 20 something couch potato

wink

Piper, He's thirty fuking four. Yeah. I thought he was 15. Nope. 34!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#823202 - 02/16/13 12:14 AM Re: Clackacraft Driftboat for sale [Re: ]
RB3 Offline
Repeat Spawner

Bump

#823346 - 02/16/13 11:33 PM Re: Clackacraft Driftboat for sale [Re: RB3]
STRIKE ZONE Offline
GOOD LUCK

Loc: Hobart,Wa U.S.A
Fly, I'll buy it for low low clear and summer time use. Good luck,

SZ

#823357 - 02/17/13 01:27 AM Re: Clackacraft Driftboat for sale [Re: STRIKE ZONE]
CHROMETHIOUS
Unregistered

Fly needs to show or text some full pics of the boat. But he wont. Not sure why, but oh well.

#823399 - 02/17/13 11:55 AM Re: Clackacraft Driftboat for sale [Re: ]
Met'lheadMatt Offline
Spawner

JTD, your are semi correct in your motor statement, All boats with any motor (Gas or Elect) needs to be LIC if on Navigatible water ways. Navigatible water ways within the State of Washington are ALL Rivers, including Lake Washington and Lake Sammish and all Salt water. All non Navigatible water ways the 16ft and 10hp rule apply, to Remaining lakes.

Drift boats under Manual propulsion need not be registered. Also Drift boats under 16ft with no moter need to have life vests and a whistle, Boats 16ft and larger no motor need both as well as a throwable device, Add a moter to below 16ft and you nw need a day time signaling device. 16ft and above with moter needs a day/night signaling device as well as whistle, lfe jackets and throwable. They are writting tickets this year for motor- no Reg, and missing safety equipt......

#823428 - 02/17/13 03:05 PM Re: Clackacraft Driftboat for sale [Re: Met'lheadMatt]
Jerry Garcia Offline

Loc: everett
Fly doesn't "need" to do anything you think Chrome. I'm starting to grow tired of multiple posts in a row.

Growing old ain't for wimps
Lonnie Gane

#823440 - 02/17/13 03:34 PM Re: Clackacraft Driftboat for sale [Re: Met'lheadMatt]
redhook
Unregistered

Originally Posted By: Met'lheadMatt
JTD, your are semi correct in your motor statement, All boats with any motor (Gas or Elect) needs to be LIC if on Navigatible water ways. Navigatible water ways within the State of Washington are ALL Rivers, including Lake Washington and Lake Sammish and all Salt water. All non Navigatible water ways the 16ft and 10hp rule apply, to Remaining lakes.

Drift boats under Manual propulsion need not be registered. Also Drift boats under 16ft with no moter need to have life vests and a whistle, Boats 16ft and larger no motor need both as well as a throwable device, Add a moter to below 16ft and you nw need a day time signaling device. 16ft and above with moter needs a day/night signaling device as well as whistle, lfe jackets and throwable. They are writting tickets this year for motor- no Reg, and missing safety equipt......

that is another thing, the whistle... i have been told that they will ticket you for not having one of those as well.... didnt know about the signaling devices... interesting... good to know!!

#828546 - 03/13/13 12:45 AM Re: Clackacraft Driftboat for sale [Re: ]
Saundu Offline
Spawner

thanks for the discussion....i believe i will buy tabs for my 14.5 drift boat which I iike to run my 55 hp electric.

I like to run a small area river with electrics.

Additionally I will have said ...whistle....lifejackets...thanks!

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
0 registered (), 425 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 27837
Dan S. 16958
Sol Duc 15727
The Moderator 13941
Salmo g. 13394
eyeFISH 12606
STRIKE ZONE 11969
Dogfish 10878
ParaLeaks 10363
Jerry Garcia 9013
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63786 Topics
645450 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |