Three Rivers Marine

Page 5 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#827428 - 03/06/13 10:23 PM Re: Corporate Welfare in the Federal Budget [Re: ]
Somethingsmellsf Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Ahhhhh, damn dog!

According to the Commerce Department report issued Friday, personal income fell by $505.5 billion in January — a 3.6% drop — erasing all the income gains made since last September.

On a real, per-capita basis, it's even worse, with incomes falling 4.2% in January, leaving income still well below where it stood when President Obama took office four years ago promising "hope and change."

[/quote]

Expect more of this to happen when the new round of GOP corporate tax cuts take place as the average Joe and Jane have to anty up more so that the "job creators" can ride in their jets.I'll tell my Mom its OK that her SS and Medicare is being attacked because those "job creators" are keeping their record corporate profits off-shore.
Lets all join the GOP and we can all be sudo-rich and then we can stand around and eat cake!

JG, thanks for providing that middle school business class explanation.

Fishy

The idea of a middle class life is slowly drifting away as each and every day we realize that our nation is becoming more of a corporatacracy.

I think name-calling is the right way to handle this one/Dan S

We're here from the WDFW and we're here to help--Uhh Ohh!

#827432 - 03/06/13 10:27 PM Re: Corporate Welfare in the Federal Budget [Re: Somethingsmellsf]
Somethingsmellsf Offline
River Nutrients

House G.O.P. Plans a Budget That Retains Tax Increases and Medicare Cuts

WASHINGTON — House Republicans will preserve Medicare cuts that their presidential nominee loudly denounced last year and accept tax increases they sternly opposed just months ago in a new tax-and-spending blueprint that would bring the federal budget into balance by 2023, senior Republicans said Wednesday.

Mr. Ryan said his plan would bring the budget into balance in a decade, largely by sticking to the prescriptions of his last two budgets, which Mr. Obama made foils of his re-election campaign. Those include cutting spending on food stamps and social services, converting Medicare into a system that gives older people a fixed subsidy that would be used to buy insurance on the private market and turning Medicaid — the health care program for the poor — into block grants to states.
http://www.nytimes.com/2013/03/07/us/pol...tml?hp&_r=0

Well who would have known?

Fishy

Edited by Somethingsmellsf (03/06/13 10:30 PM)

The idea of a middle class life is slowly drifting away as each and every day we realize that our nation is becoming more of a corporatacracy.

#827442 - 03/06/13 10:54 PM Re: Corporate Welfare in the Federal Budget [Re: ]
Somethingsmellsf Offline
River Nutrients

Originally Posted By: Hankster
WTF are you whining about? The GOP said they're going to keep the tax increases and Obama already said he's going to cut Medicare.

Sheesh.

For someone of your advanced age I would think you would be looking into changes that would impact your SS and Medicare. Like turning medicare into a voucher system releasing it to the vagaries of Wall Street.

But you know best,(how to copy and paste cartoons).

grin

Fishy

#827448 - 03/06/13 11:15 PM Re: Corporate Welfare in the Federal Budget [Re: ]
Somethingsmellsf Offline
River Nutrients

Originally Posted By: Somethingsmellsf
releasing it to the vagaries of Wall Street.

Fishy

How are your pension funds doing?

rofl

I notice you didn't ask that question several years ago!

shoot

Fishy

#827472 - 03/07/13 12:27 AM Re: Corporate Welfare in the Federal Budget [Re: ]
Somethingsmellsf Offline
River Nutrients

The long term average from 1929 on is 4.6% plus another 4.2% in dividends ...much better than the 1.5-3% return on investment that SS brings.

Little comfort for those that actually depend on SS as the biggest part of their retirement income.

Fishy

#827473 - 03/07/13 12:28 AM Re: Corporate Welfare in the Federal Budget [Re: ]
Somethingsmellsf Offline
River Nutrients

grin

Fishy

I feel bad you haven't had any of those in a while.. grin

I was expecting one of your finger paintings....

Fishy

#827500 - 03/07/13 08:38 AM Re: Corporate Welfare in the Federal Budget [Re: Somethingsmellsf]
Jerry Garcia Offline

Loc: everett

The long term average from 1929 on is 4.6% plus another 4.2% in dividends ...much better than the 1.5-3% return on investment that SS brings.

Little comfort for those that actually depend on SS as the biggest part of their retirement income.

Fishy

Why should I pay for others lack of planning. Lots of things I haven't bought and places I didn't go to so as to not dig a financial hole for myself.

Growing old ain't for wimps
Lonnie Gane

#827503 - 03/07/13 09:17 AM Re: Corporate Welfare in the Federal Budget [Re: Jerry Garcia]
ParaLeaks Offline
WINNER

Loc: Olypen
Jerry, Jerry, Jerry......responsibility is NOT rewarded....it is punished.

but you knew that. smile

#827518 - 03/07/13 11:04 AM Re: Corporate Welfare in the Federal Budget [Re: ParaLeaks]
Somethingsmellsf Offline
River Nutrients

Originally Posted By: Slab Happy

but you knew that. smile

That is certainly the case for our Banksters, Wall Street gamblers and CEO's that rake in colossal paydays while running the company into the ground.

Fishy

#827519 - 03/07/13 11:08 AM Re: Corporate Welfare in the Federal Budget [Re: Jerry Garcia]
Somethingsmellsf Offline
River Nutrients

Originally Posted By: Jerry Garcia

Fishy

Why should I pay for others lack of planning. Lots of things I haven't bought and places I didn't go to so as to not dig a financial hole for myself.

Not everyone has gotten there because of lack of planning. God forbid that you get sick and can't work, medical bills are the biggest reason people go bankrupt in this country!
Some people will never earn enough to contribute enough to their retirement. Look at the stats, while corporations make record profits real wages have stagnated and fallen.

FIshy

#827520 - 03/07/13 11:09 AM Re: Corporate Welfare in the Federal Budget [Re: ]
Somethingsmellsf Offline
River Nutrients

grin

Fishy

I feel bad you haven't had any of those in a while.. grin

Shouldn't you be kneeling to your daily dose of "Fox" about now?

Fishy

I was expecting one of your finger paintings....

Fishy

You whined about cartoons, you got cartoons. You libtards are never happy.

Shouldn't you be kneeling to your daily "Fox" about now?

Fishy

Edited by Somethingsmellsf (03/07/13 11:10 AM)

#827522 - 03/07/13 11:28 AM Re: Corporate Welfare in the Federal Budget [Re: Somethingsmellsf]
Somethingsmellsf Offline
River Nutrients

Here's that war you were hoping for Hank!

Straight from the pages of your "bible".

'SEA OF FIRE': North Korea Vows
Nuclear First-Strike Against US

North Korea vows to launch a first-strike nuclear attack against US saying Washington will be 'engulfed in a sea of fire,' as UN security council approves new sanctions against the country for recent nuclear test.

http://www.foxnews.com/

rofl

Fishy

#827529 - 03/07/13 11:59 AM Re: Corporate Welfare in the Federal Budget [Re: Somethingsmellsf]
docspud Offline
Three Time Spawner

Loc: Silverdale Wa

but you knew that. smile

That is certainly the case for our Banksters, Wall Street gamblers and CEO's that rake in colossal paydays while running the company into the ground.

Fishy

They almost are as bad as our elected officials. Colossal retirements, endless medical coverage, speaking fees and lobby jobs worth multiple millions all after running our country into the ground. So sad you do not care even a bit about that.....As long as they do not have an R in front of their name anyway.

Edited by docspud (03/07/13 12:00 PM)

#827541 - 03/07/13 01:33 PM Re: Corporate Welfare in the Federal Budget [Re: ]
Somethingsmellsf Offline
River Nutrients

Well there ya have it, by cracky. All we need to do is get WW3 rollin', destroy the manufacturing base of all the other competing nations and tax the rich at a rate of 91%. Then and only then will wine flow in the streets. rofl

You weren't too serious when you wrote this!

And No I don't think it's funny, just a little ironic right now. I have two stepsons in the military.

shoot

Fishy

#827609 - 03/07/13 08:07 PM Re: Corporate Welfare in the Federal Budget [Re: ]
Somethingsmellsf Offline
River Nutrients

Well there ya have it, by cracky. All we need to do is get WW3 rollin', destroy the manufacturing base of all the other competing nations and tax the rich at a rate of 91%. Then and only then will wine flow in the streets. rofl

And No I don't think it's funny, just a little ironic right now. I have two stepsons in the military.

shoot

Fishy

If you had a brain larger than a thimble, you would have seen I was laffin' at your notion we can compare the economy of the post-war '50s and a top marginal rate of 91% with the economy and tax rates of today.

And if you weren't so addled, you would have understood that I was making fun of the fact that you couldn't see this thing coming from a mile away.

Fishy

#827627 - 03/07/13 09:25 PM Re: Corporate Welfare in the Federal Budget [Re: ]
ParaLeaks Offline
WINNER

Geez, Fishy.....you are fighting with yourself.
I don't overspend and am not in debt (well, not too terribly far, anyway). I don't have much of anything new, nor top quality. I try to live within my means. For that effort, the assistance goes to those who are broke through their own choices ........ not always, but certainly there is zero assistance for those who have fought to live within their means.

Corporate matters are another argument and I agree that there is no good reason for them to be making such huge profits in times of such difficulties for the average Joe. George Carlin pretty much nailed it on that video (don't remember where it was).

#827634 - 03/07/13 09:49 PM Re: Corporate Welfare in the Federal Budget [Re: ]
Somethingsmellsf Offline
River Nutrients

[quote=Somethingsmellsf][quote=Hankster]Well there ya have it, by cracky. All we need to do is get WW3 rollin', destroy the manufacturing base of all the other competing nations and tax the rich at a rate of 91%. Then and only then will wine flow in the streets. rofl

shoot

Fishy

And if you weren't so addled, you would have understood that I was making fun of the fact that you couldn't see this thing coming from a mile away.

Fishy

Even I wouldn't have guessed you could be so stupid as to compare the two different eras, economies and tax rates. If that makes me "addled", so be it.

Pot meet kettle!

Fishy

#827639 - 03/07/13 10:00 PM Re: Corporate Welfare in the Federal Budget [Re: ParaLeaks]
Somethingsmellsf Offline
River Nutrients

Geez, Fishy.....you are fighting with yourself.
I don't overspend and am not in debt (well, not too terribly far, anyway). I don't have much of anything new, nor top quality. I try to live within my means. For that effort, the assistance goes to those who are broke through their own choices ........ not always, but certainly there is zero assistance for those who have fought to live within their means.

Corporate matters are another argument and I agree that there is no good reason for them to be making such huge profits in times of such difficulties for the average Joe. George Carlin pretty much nailed it on that video (don't remember where it was).

Most reasonable people act accordingly and take care of their business and finances. These people when hit with extraneous situations that impact them financially should get help, while those that make it a lifestyle should get the boot.

Corporations that are trying to get out of their pensions benefits, cut the average earner's take home pay while lavishing luxuries on their CEO's and managers and making record profits should also be taken to task.
They have the money,they enact legislation in their favor and get away with off-shoring profits thereby starving our government of needed funds and leaving the bill for the average tax payer to pick up the tab.
The US should not be a Corporatocracy!

Fishy

#827649 - 03/07/13 10:29 PM Re: Corporate Welfare in the Federal Budget [Re: Somethingsmellsf]
ParaLeaks Offline
WINNER

thumbs thumbs Yup, we're good.

#827694 - 03/07/13 11:52 PM Re: Corporate Welfare in the Federal Budget [Re: ]
Somethingsmellsf Offline
River Nutrients

Corporations that are trying to get out of their pensions benefits, cut the average earner's take home pay while lavishing luxuries on their CEO's and managers and making record profits should also be taken to task.

Fishy

Except for the record profits, that sounds like GM.

grin

Did you get that directly from Fox "News"?

Fishy

Page 5 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
Cameron D., FlyingFish, NEfishLdo, shinnecock1
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
0 registered (), 995 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14489
Salmo g. 13526
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63783 Topics
645421 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |