Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#826243 - 03/01/13 04:16 PM Assault Weapons Should Not Be Banned
Illahee Offline
River Nutrients

Assault weapons with high capacity magazines should be legal for civilians to own and operate.
However they must pass a government approved assault weapons proficiency training coarse, which would be modeled after what the military requires it's troops to pass, prior to being issued a weapon.
It would be illegal to posses or operate a assault weapon without this certification.
All costs of certification would be payed by the person seeking the certification.

#826245 - 03/01/13 04:19 PM Re: Assault Weapons Should Not Be Banned [Re: Illahee]
redhook
Unregistered

thats probably the stupidest idea i have ever heard...

why on gods earth would you want to give "civilians" military training before buying a AR?

so that when they go bat sh!t crazy they have the knowledge and experience to fully utilize their weapon to the caliber of the military?

Christopher Dorner anyone?

#826248 - 03/01/13 04:21 PM Re: Assault Weapons Should Not Be Banned [Re: ]
NickD90 Offline
Shooting Instructor for hire

Loc: Snohomish, WA
Wouldn't that be a de-facto registration? Any form of registration is a non-starter and will not pass.

#826253 - 03/01/13 04:27 PM Re: Assault Weapons Should Not Be Banned [Re: ]
Illahee Offline
River Nutrients

Originally Posted By: redhook
thats probably the stupidest idea i have ever heard...

why on gods earth would you want to give "civilians" military training before buying a AR?

so that when they go bat sh!t crazy they have the knowledge and experience to fully utilize their weapon to the caliber of the military?

Christopher Dorner anyone?

Up already RH?
Why do you suppose the military requires such extensive training before they issue a assault weapon to a troop?
Feel free to ask a grown up.

#826258 - 03/01/13 04:31 PM Re: Assault Weapons Should Not Be Banned [Re: Illahee]
redhook
Unregistered

because they dont want dipsh!ts on the front lines that cant operate their weapon during the heat of combat... they also dont want some dingbat shooting 30 rounds at someone and NOT HITTING the target each and every time .... well, maybe for the Army that would be acceptable, but the Marine's its completely unacceptable, they strive on accuracy....

that was a dumb question too Illz, you are smarter than that....

#826271 - 03/01/13 05:29 PM Re: Assault Weapons Should Not Be Banned [Re: ]
Sky-Guy Offline
The Tide changed

Loc: Everett
How do I assign negative stars to a thread? Can this shizz go any lower people...

Here my friday tip: Think, then type. If you cant think, dont type.

#826272 - 03/01/13 05:37 PM Re: Assault Weapons Should Not Be Banned [Re: Sky-Guy]
Jason Beezuz Offline
My Waders are Moist

Loc: PNW
I went fishing today. It's fun. You guys should check it out. Should I explain what fishing is?

Maybe it's amphetamines.

#826273 - 03/01/13 05:39 PM Re: Assault Weapons Should Not Be Banned [Re: Jason Beezuz]
redhook
Unregistered

i might head out somewhere tommorow... spent almost a hundred bucks on gear, probably would be wise to use it...

#826294 - 03/01/13 08:56 PM Re: Assault Weapons Should Not Be Banned [Re: ]
ParaLeaks Offline
WINNER

Loc: Olypen
Beezy.....that's the smartest thing I've seen you post! thumbs

#826352 - 03/01/13 11:22 PM Re: Assault Weapons Should Not Be Banned [Re: ParaLeaks]
Salmo g. Offline
River Nutrients

Hmmmm, training, certification, issuance of weapon, . . . looks almost like Switzerland combined with the early US' "well regulated militia."

#826418 - 03/02/13 12:07 PM Re: Assault Weapons Should Not Be Banned [Re: Salmo g.]
Illyrian Offline
Repeat Spawner

Loc: Spokane, wa
Right on Salmo g. Our Government should issue every able bodied male a
current military rifle and provide the training to use it safely and effectively, ala the Swiss.
I wonder if the 2.2% national budget cuts would prevent such an effort.

#826428 - 03/02/13 01:27 PM Re: Assault Weapons Should Not Be Banned [Re: Illyrian]
Illahee Offline
River Nutrients

Originally Posted By: Illyrian
Right on Salmo g. Our Government should issue every able bodied male a
current military rifle and provide the training to use it safely and effectively, ala the Swiss.
I wonder if the 2.2% national budget cuts would prevent such an effort.

I don't think we need to force anyone into gun ownership, but we can make sure people who feel the need to own an assault weapon are fully qualified to own and operate that weapon.

#826430 - 03/02/13 01:44 PM Re: Assault Weapons Should Not Be Banned [Re: Illahee]
Direct-Drive Offline
ExtenZe Field Tester

Loc: Vancouver, WA
I'll take one happy switch, some cheese and some chocolate.

#826432 - 03/02/13 01:58 PM Re: Assault Weapons Should Not Be Banned [Re: ]
Illahee Offline
River Nutrients

Originally Posted By: Hankster
Originally Posted By: Illahee

we can make sure people who feel the need to own an assault weapon are fully qualified to own and operate that weapon.

WTF does that mean? You could just as easily say someone needs to be "fully qualified" to own and operate any weapon. Washington State law requires all individuals born after 1 January 1972 to show proof of basic hunter education training before purchasing a hunting license. Would that suffice?

Not every weapon is specifically designed to kill people, so modifying it to do other things doesn't negate it's primary purpose.
So requiring potential owner operators to pass a proficiency training course doesn't seem out of line, and it sure as he11 doesn't violate the second amendment.

#826433 - 03/02/13 01:58 PM Re: Assault Weapons Should Not Be Banned [Re: ]
willametteriveroutlaw Offline
Spawner

Loc: Idaho

we can make sure people who feel the need to own an assault weapon are fully qualified to own and operate that weapon.

WTF does that mean? You could just as easily say someone needs to be "fully qualified" to own and operate any weapon. Washington State law requires all individuals born after 1 January 1972 to show proof of basic hunter education training before purchasing a hunting license. Would that suffice?

The problem is some genious like Illhee or Joe Biden, who never owned any semi auto weapon in his life, would come up the the "approporate" training requirements..

#826436 - 03/02/13 02:19 PM Re: Assault Weapons Should Not Be Banned [Re: ]
Illahee Offline
River Nutrients

Not every weapon is specifically designed to kill people, so modifying it to do other things doesn't negate it's primary purpose.
So requiring potential owner operators to pass a proficiency training course doesn't seem out of line, and it sure as he11 doesn't violate the second amendment.

A weapon by it's very nature is designed to kill. That's why they call them weapons and it doesn't matter whether it's a pistol or a rifle or a shotgun. You don't like "assault" style weapons don't buy one, but don't try to make stupid laws or requirements for people who do use them for hunting or target shooting or self defense.

Can and specifically designed for, are two entirely different things.

And as for you WRO, no I haven't ever owned a assault weapon, but I was issued one and I'm fully qualified to operate a M16, service 45, and a 9MM handgun.

#826437 - 03/02/13 02:39 PM Re: Assault Weapons Should Not Be Banned [Re: ]
Dogfish Offline
Poodle Smolt

Loc: McCleary, WA
How about enforcing all of the existing firearms related laws already on the books before you decide to craft some other fukked up stupid law that will solve nothing, save nobody, and do nothing more than possibly make a criminal out of law abiding citizens with the stroke of a pen.

Felons attempt to get guns through legitimate means at a gunshop, and are declined when the NCIC check is done. Prosecutions for this violation of FEDERAL LAW are minimal, if non-existant. They say it would be too costly to go after every violation.

So, rather than going after a felon committing another felony, so he can likely go commit another felony, you would rather try and control law abiding citizens.

People like you are what is wrong with this country. Always trying to control somebody else who is obeying the laws while ignoring the real problems caused by real criminals.

Go step in front of a bus.

They call me POODLE SMOLT!

The Discover Pass is brought to you by your friends at the CCA.

#826439 - 03/02/13 03:28 PM Re: Assault Weapons Should Not Be Banned [Re: Dogfish]
Rossiman Offline
Spawner

Loc: Monroe, WA
Originally Posted By: Dogfish
How about enforcing all of the existing firearms related laws already on the books before you decide to craft some other fukked up stupid law that will solve nothing, save nobody, and do nothing more than possibly make a criminal out of law abiding citizens with the stroke of a pen.

Felons attempt to get guns through legitimate means at a gunshop, and are declined when the NCIC check is done. Prosecutions for this violation of FEDERAL LAW are minimal, if non-existant. They say it would be too costly to go after every violation.

So, rather than going after a felon committing another felony, so he can likely go commit another felony, you would rather try and control law abiding citizens.

People like you are what is wrong with this country. Always trying to control somebody else who is obeying the laws while ignoring the real problems caused by real criminals.

+1,000,000 Couldnt have said it any better myself.
Lets go make more "stupid ass gun laws" even though we dont enforce the ones we already have. Only a politician or someone equally as retarded actually thinks that making more gun laws will somehow work. Also, lets make these laws so they affect only the legal/legitamate 97% of gun owners who are NOT the real problem...
Criminals dont care about laws, thats why there criminals... They will get there guns in any means possible whether on the street or stealing them. Chicago's Mayors answer to there gun violence issue is to "ban handguns" like thats going to make a gangbanger or criminal magically all of a sudden turn them in...

There answer is to mess with the law abiding citizens cause clearly where the real "problem". ANY new law is only going to affect us.
Lets do another AWB even though the first one didnt work and more people are killed with bare hands than "Assault Rifles", AKA: Semi auto rifles.
Lets limit magazines to 10 so if a shootout/massacre occurs the "victims" have an extra 2 seconds to live. However, lets make it so if you get attacked by multiple people, you may run out of bullets forcing you to reload. 2 seconds spent reloading in a gun fight is an eternity and can make the difference between living and dieing.
Typical libtardism. Lets make more laws even though the ones we already have are not enforced. Boy those criminals are going to listen now that theres a limit of 10 rounds per magazine or a AWB/Handgun ban. They are already breaking the law by carrying, felon with a gun, stolen gun, etc. However, maybe if we ban this gun or limit the number of rounds they can carry, maybe all of a sudden they will follow the law and comply. JFC, really?!?

#826440 - 03/02/13 03:28 PM Re: Assault Weapons Should Not Be Banned [Re: ]
Rossiman Offline
Spawner

Originally Posted By: Dogfish

He should first take and successfully complete a government approved stepping in front of a bus proficiency training course.

rofl

#826443 - 03/02/13 03:40 PM Re: Assault Weapons Should Not Be Banned [Re: ]
Rossiman Offline
Spawner

Originally Posted By: Banned User
Exactly how many gunfights have you been in rossigirl, just out of curiosity ?
Actual gunfights, Zero.
Force on Force Training/Firearms classes, Dozens.

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
bigfatrod, Ejo, Keith
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
0 registered (), 522 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 27837
Dan S. 16958
Sol Duc 15727
The Moderator 13941
Salmo g. 13394
eyeFISH 12606
STRIKE ZONE 11969
Dogfish 10878
ParaLeaks 10363
Jerry Garcia 9013
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63786 Topics
645448 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |