THE PP OUTDOOR FORUMS

Kast Gear!

Power Pro Shimano Reels G Loomis Rods

Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#835100 - 04/19/13 03:17 PM Re: Obama's rant on failed back ground check bill [Re: Todd]
RowVsWade Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Island Time
LOL.

If you don't like our prices bring your wife down and we'll dicker.

#835101 - 04/19/13 03:19 PM Re: Obama's rant on failed back ground check bill [Re: Salmo g.]
blackmouth Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: right place/wrong time
Originally Posted By: Salmo g.

This would be the conclusion of a critical thinker, who statistically is more likely to be liberal than conservative. Just the way it is. Conservatives are dissuasive of critical thinking because critical thinking undermines several basic conservative concepts.

Even though I know that you have a deep and burning desire to believe that statement, I can't imagine that you really do.

"So it goes." Kurt Vonnegut jr.

#835102 - 04/19/13 03:22 PM Re: Obama's rant on failed back ground check bill [Re: blackmouth]
Dan S. Offline
It all boils down to this - I'm right, everyone else is wrong, and anyone who disputes this is clearly a dumbfuck.

Loc: SE Olympia, WA
There are a lot of things you can't imagine.

It's a sign of your lack of IQ points.

Hit up Illy - he has at least 30 points he isn't currently using that he might loan to you.

Bon Scott - Shot Down in Flames

#835103 - 04/19/13 03:24 PM Re: Obama's rant on failed back ground check bill [Re: Dan S.]
blackmouth Offline
River Nutrients

Stand up Dan.

#835105 - 04/19/13 03:27 PM Re: Obama's rant on failed back ground check bill [Re: RowVsWade]
Sol Duc Offline
April Fool

Originally Posted By: RowVsWade
LOL.

+1

- Albert Einstein.

#835107 - 04/19/13 03:29 PM Re: Obama's rant on failed back ground check bill [Re: blackmouth]
Dan S. Offline
It all boils down to this - I'm right, everyone else is wrong, and anyone who disputes this is clearly a dumbfuck.

Loc: SE Olympia, WA
Originally Posted By: bm
Stand up Dan

No can do - I'm working on getting a plane grounded at JBLM back into the air, so I have to camp at my desk for another little while.

Bon Scott - Shot Down in Flames

#835163 - 04/19/13 06:54 PM Re: Obama's rant on failed back ground check bill [Re: blackmouth]
Salmo g. Offline
River Nutrients

Originally Posted By: blackmouth

This would be the conclusion of a critical thinker, who statistically is more likely to be liberal than conservative. Just the way it is. Conservatives are dissuasive of critical thinking because critical thinking undermines several basic conservative concepts.

Even though I know that you have a deep and burning desire to believe that statement, I can't imagine that you really do.

Your saying that you know what my deep and burning desire I have, in the absence of my having told you, is illustrative of a lack of critical thinking. That you're conservative isn't indicative of causation, but of correlation. Same as your B must = C, correlation is not causation, a concept often not grasped by those lacking critical thinking skills. Thank you for making an example of yourself.

Sg

Edited by Salmo g. (04/19/13 06:55 PM)

#835167 - 04/19/13 06:57 PM Re: Obama's rant on failed back ground check bill [Re: RowVsWade]
Salmo g. Offline
River Nutrients

Originally Posted By: RowVsWade
However it's a false logic that presumes either factor is causative of the other. This would be the conclusion of a critical thinker, who statistically is more likely to be liberal than conservative. Just the way it is. Conservatives are dissuasive of critical thinking because critical thinking undermines several basic conservative concepts.

You mean the way "critical thinking" liberals see guns as the cause of crime?

By definition critical thinkers don't see guns as the cause of crime. But a non-critical thinking conservative might leap to the false assumption that liberals, critical thinking or not, see guns as the cause of crime.

Sg

#835182 - 04/19/13 07:34 PM Re: Obama's rant on failed back ground check bill [Re: Salmo g.]
ParaLeaks Offline
WINNER

Loc: Olypen
jfc Sg........ rolleyes

You trying to sell that liberals DON'T views guns as the "problem". Not ALL, OK?.....MOST?

Because you're full of it, if that's your point.

#835185 - 04/19/13 07:34 PM Re: Obama's rant on failed back ground check bill [Re: Salmo g.]
blackmouth Offline
River Nutrients

Your saying that you know what my deep and burning desire I have, in the absence of my having told you, is illustrative of a lack of critical thinking. That you're conservative isn't indicative of causation, but of correlation. Same as your B must = C, correlation is not causation, a concept often not grasped by those lacking critical thinking skills. Thank you for making an example of yourself.

Sg

Actually I said that I knew of this "deep and burning desire'' of yours because I am, a critical thinker, and I have been reading your posts for... perhaps... too long.

If you look back at the chronology and content of the posts following the map. You will see that you are the first to mention any "causation". I just stated a basic precept of algebra.

Your online persona usually appears to be that of a thoughtfull and rational person, however sometimes it seems that you simply cannot contain your liberal zeal, but alas, I have come to expect such behavior from you, after all you are the, "Definition of hyperbole".

I can only ass u me that you possess the critical thinking skills to comprehend my response. And you are surely most welcome.

#835211 - 04/19/13 08:39 PM Re: Obama's rant on failed back ground check bill [Re: ]
blackmouth Offline
River Nutrients

Originally Posted By: stam

I couldn't have said it better myself....

...No, really.

No doubt.

#835229 - 04/19/13 09:33 PM Re: Obama's rant on failed back ground check bill [Re: blackmouth]
Illyrian Offline
Repeat Spawner

Loc: Spokane, wa
There is a little paperback text book named "Logic and Sets." Some of the
not so critical thinkers should give it a read. De Morgan would approve.
Todd and other libtards would not understand so disregard.

#835352 - 04/20/13 02:52 PM Re: Obama's rant on failed back ground check bill [Re: Salmo g.]
RowVsWade Offline
River Nutrients

By definition critical thinkers don't see guns as the cause of crime. But a non-critical thinking conservative might leap to the false assumption that liberals, critical thinking or not, see guns as the cause of crime.

Sg

rofl

Salmo I like you but I like you even more when you make outrageous, absurd and hillarious assumptions like you just posted.

Solid work buddy....keep it up and you'll have your own sitcom by fall.

#835362 - 04/20/13 04:28 PM Re: Obama's rant on failed back ground check bill [Re: ]
Sol Duc Offline
April Fool

My guess is, since it's a fed check you probably should answer the question on form #4473 with a NO, or you won't be taking home a firearm. Until the fed comes aboard, it probably won't change.

- Albert Einstein.

#835363 - 04/20/13 04:31 PM Re: Obama's rant on failed back ground check bill [Re: Sol Duc]
Natron
Unregistered

yes it would Hank, even medical card holders... by law, shops or FFL dealers are not allowed to sell you a firearm if they suspect or you admit that you are an unlawful user of Controlled Substances...

you arent even allowed to purchase ammunition....

#835365 - 04/20/13 04:39 PM Re: Obama's rant on failed back ground check bill [Re: ]
RowVsWade Offline
River Nutrients

State law does not trump federal law...

#835367 - 04/20/13 04:47 PM Re: Obama's rant on failed back ground check bill [Re: RowVsWade]
Natron
Unregistered

of course not, i get all my guns from gun shows and internet sites, no paperwork to fill out wink

fyi, that was a joke ...

#835368 - 04/20/13 04:52 PM Re: Obama's rant on failed back ground check bill [Re: ]
Sol Duc Offline
April Fool

Just don't go buy a gun looking zooted like this guy, and you should be fine. grin

Edited by Sol Duc (04/20/13 04:54 PM)

- Albert Einstein.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
TrollKing, wateronthebrain
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
3 registered (steely slammer, eddie, Krijack), 950 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14489
Salmo g. 13526
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63783 Topics
645426 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |