Three Rivers Marine

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#830240 - 03/20/13 05:40 PM Situk Steel
GBL Offline
Three Time Spawner

Loc: Yakutat
Well, the new season is almost going for the Glacier Bear Lodge.
We are opening a few rooms early for some guys coming down from Anchorage and the restaurant opens Easter full time.

NOW, all you guys that wish for fish, the local guide that fishes the Situk starting as soon as he can get his boat on the river and has early guys that will fly in on a phone call.....had a 110 fish day for 3 guys this week!

Any of you that really want to experience Chrome Winter Native Steelhead, the next month and a half, now is the time to plan a trip up!! We have very low occupancy so far for Steelhead and some great packages for Steelhead.
Mr. Vedder wrote you an article explaining this river and the conditions look perfect now, unlike last year when we had high water...but still lot's of fish!

#830243 - 03/20/13 05:52 PM Re: Situk Steel [Re: GBL]
steeliedrew Offline
SRC Poser

Loc: Snohomish
Wow! 110 fish day. Are you sure those arent humpies in there? haha. All joking aside I've got to make the journey one of these years!

"Dude...where's your boat!?" Team runaway drift boat prostaff.

Big Stick 2012: "EVERY thought of my being, is in regards to being a Hi-Tech Predator and I relish the role."

#830245 - 03/20/13 05:57 PM Re: Situk Steel [Re: steeliedrew]
neon Offline
Juvenile at Sea

Loc: Talkeetna
We also do triple digits in our drift boats, with guys that can see, cast to, and not spook the fish. Not often, but it happens when the pressure is light, and the fish are thick! I heard Frank has been killin it on the few days hes actually been out in the sled!

Its a great time of year to get into the late fall fish, which are usually quite large, and also get the freshest, most pissed off Spring fish you can imagine! They are rowdy, and like to make you work for 'em! Targeting Steelhead that come in with the tide... How much better does it get? It doesnt!

#830252 - 03/20/13 06:15 PM Re: Situk Steel [Re: neon]
GBL Offline
Three Time Spawner

Yep, both the old coots are kicking butt now and have the river to themselves!
I may fly up a week early just because!

#830274 - 03/20/13 07:02 PM Re: Situk Steel [Re: GBL]
STRIKE ZONE Offline
GOOD LUCK

Loc: Hobart,Wa U.S.A
Good to hear....I have been trying to get back up there but things just keep getting in the way......like daughters Rugby games and work.The end of April & the first couple weeks of May this tear is busy as hell.Now ya got me jonsin......................Good luck,
SZ

#830328 - 03/20/13 09:55 PM Re: Situk Steel [Re: STRIKE ZONE]
N W Panhandler Offline
Three Time Spawner

Loc: Bremerton, Wa.
If a 110 fish day does'nt get you and me to Jonesing we might as well throw away our rods cause we can't feel much anymore!!!!

#830341 - 03/20/13 10:54 PM Re: Situk Steel [Re: N W Panhandler]
GBL Offline
Three Time Spawner

I want everyone to experience fishing like the Situk River Steelhead.
Wish I was rich and could have people come up and stay for free, but I am not and running a large fishing lodge is a tough business!

These native fish are just flat beautiful! And you have never seen a fight like a fish heading up river only a mile or so above tide water, they smoke fly reels and will burn the thumb on those baitcasters!

#830342 - 03/20/13 10:56 PM Re: Situk Steel [Re: GBL]
GBL Offline
Three Time Spawner

The GM just posted this on our web site.

Winter Steelhead are running. Local reports say the winter fish are very abundant. Roads are open. We will have lodging available March 24th at a discount price and the restaurant open on Easter. All you Steelheaders should get your butts up here!

#830449 - 03/21/13 05:52 AM Re: Situk Steel [Re: GBL]
neon Offline
Juvenile at Sea

Loc: Talkeetna
The good 'ol Situk! One of the planets greatest runs of un-convoluted Wild Steelhead. These fish are truly special. He are some pics from our operation down the road, to get the blood goin a little bit! This is a "bucket list" river, with "bucket list" runs of the most savage biters on earth! Treat yourself to a trip on the Situk.

Oh yes, the Spring fish, on the march!

Opportunities to hook Fall Steelhead that are still milling about the river are nearly endless this time of year.

We have an early component to the Spring Steelhead that is great for solitude-seekers, or hardcore junkies alike. They are willing, and fun to fight on light gear...

Then we have the main run of Spring fish that enter the system from March thru May, and even later on some years... These are the fish we all dream about!

These tide pushin, ocean fresh fish are chock full of piss and vinegar, and grow to be decent sizes. Getting your ass served to yourself on a spittin' chrome platter is not at all uncommon! Get 'em!

#830455 - 03/21/13 09:13 AM Re: Situk Steel [Re: neon]
CraigO Offline
Repeat Spawner

Loc: Lake Stevens
Rick, tell them to leave a few for us. I heard it was early and the roads were open up there and I just can't wait to get up there. Unfortunately I won't be there for another 6 weeks but it does sound like there may be a lot of fish throughout the season. Those spring fish these guys are talking about that are a mile from the salt are unbelieveable. They are like rockets with multiple jumps and chrome as you have ever seen. The fish that come out of the lake give a tough fight as well and are not easy to land either but the spring fish are awesome.

#830644 - 03/21/13 11:22 PM Re: Situk Steel [Re: CraigO]
GBL Offline
Three Time Spawner

Great stuff Neon! Pictures like those are hard to beat!
It does rev you up to get back up there and get started.

We are opening early this year as we have a group or two wanting to come in early.

#831095 - 03/24/13 07:38 PM Re: Situk Steel [Re: GBL]
outrnm Offline
Juvenile at Sea

I see the rates on the website there for lodging but whats everyone else doing for the rest of the package (airfare, transport, food, guides etc). ? I might just make the first trip out this year if the scheduling works out.

#831098 - 03/24/13 08:05 PM Re: Situk Steel [Re: outrnm]
Dave Vedder Offline
Reverend Tarpones

Loc: West Duvall
Just give them a call. They will tell you all you need to know and will help with most of your travel plans.

#831102 - 03/24/13 08:51 PM Re: Situk Steel [Re: Dave Vedder]
GBL Offline
Three Time Spawner

What Dave said, call the lodge and ask for Pete, he is the GM and can tell you everything you need to make a great trip.
We can arrange everything or the minimum per your desire.

#832000 - 03/28/13 06:50 PM Re: Situk Steel [Re: GBL]
GBL Offline
Three Time Spawner

Come on you fishermen!
Our GM says there are very few people booking for Steelhead this year.
Call Pete and get up there around the end of April or May and catch a bunch of Steelhead!
We will have the big boat back in the water and ready for Halibut in the next week which will send you home with a bunch of bottom fish to make up for releasing all those Steelhead!

#832077 - 03/29/13 12:15 AM Re: Situk Steel [Re: GBL]
Fear_no_fish Offline
Returning Adult

I might just drag a cardboard box up there and live next to the river... looks like heaven!

#832083 - 03/29/13 12:27 AM Re: Situk Steel [Re: Fear_no_fish]
STRIKE ZONE Offline
GOOD LUCK

Loc: Hobart,Wa U.S.A
Dam........timing is the issue right now. Not coin. Good luck,

SZ

#832102 - 03/29/13 09:25 AM Re: Situk Steel [Re: GBL]
CraigO Offline
Repeat Spawner

Originally Posted By: GBL
Come on you fishermen!
Our GM says there are very few people booking for Steelhead this year.
Call Pete and get up there around the end of April or May and catch a bunch of Steelhead!
We will have the big boat back in the water and ready for Halibut in the next week which will send you home with a bunch of bottom fish to make up for releasing all those Steelhead!

Pete a great guy who will take care of you. I can't wait to get there. If you can swing it I would definately do this trip and if you want any tips for the Situk send me a PM and I will let you know what works best for me up there.

#832480 - 04/01/13 01:15 PM Re: Situk Steel [Re: CraigO]
dcrzfitter Offline
Spawner

Loc: Tenino, wa U.S.A.
I'm planing on going again next year with a group. 08 was my last trip up.
Doing a Montana fly fishing trip this year but kinda wishing it was the other way around.

Kris

#832670 - 04/03/13 12:15 AM Re: Situk Steel [Re: dcrzfitter]
GBL Offline
Three Time Spawner

OK gang-
Talked to the GM and here is the Steelhead deal.

Bring 3 friends and the 4th stays and eats for free or Stay 3 nights and 4th is free or One free guided day with any booking.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
free time, greenlayoid, Kokanee Kids, Lisa Tyree, SpinyRay
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
0 registered (), 589 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14489
Salmo g. 13526
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63783 Topics
645426 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |