Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#84022 - 12/21/99 08:53 AM Gooey Bobs: Here we go Again
hawk Offline
Spawner

Loc: austin, Minnesota, USA
Ok, you guys are making me show my West Coast ignorance. What in the world is a Gooey Bob? Next question is where do I get them? Must be nice to drift in a boat with all your gear.

Most of our fishing is done by wading, and carrying your "stuff" in a vest. My vest weighed about 25pounds before I started with the "west Coast" stuff, and now its' closer to 60 pounds.

I am quite a sight to see with pink worms on my fly patch, corkies, dink floats, aeroflies, spinners,jigs,hot shots,extra reels, huge ass needles for threading worms, 40 feet of backer rod, 300 feet of yarn, size 1/0 hooks, and slinkies. I now am a part owner in Ted's and a bi-coastal junkie. I guess I will now be carting around a supply of Gooey Bobs in my vest. I use to be 5 foot 20 inches tall like Robbo, until I started carting around all this "stuff" in my vest. I'm afraid someone is going to throw a saddle on me, and start saying Giddyup.

#84023 - 12/21/99 09:43 AM Re: Gooey Bobs: Here we go Again
IronFisherman Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Loc: Silverdale, Washington, U.S.
What are they, they are an artificcial egg cluster that will last you a long time. You can get them almost anywhere around here, at a tackle store or even at a quick stop near a river. They work great for chum and cutthroat, never used em for steelhead.

#84024 - 12/21/99 10:39 AM Re: Gooey Bobs: Here we go Again
Bob D Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Port Orchard Wa Kitsap
Tell us your occupation and we'll find you a job out here with us , the Steelie's, Terrorists, Mob scenes killing starbucks and all the rain and blown rivers you could endure...Coarse if you do make it to the River after all that then you'll see its all worth it and why we love it here!!!

P.s. K-15 Kwikfish hurt when stored in your vest? Dont let anybody tell ya otherwise Hawk...

#84025 - 12/23/99 12:48 AM Re: Gooey Bobs: Here we go Again
kore Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Carson, WA
Gooey Bobs are made by lure jensen. If you have trouble finding them in a store near you, you can request a catalog. They work well when running eggs, when the eggs are gone, and the membrane is all that is left, they still smell and feel like eggs. Just scent works well also, on the Bobs. Fish hold on these buggers pretty long.
--mike

#84026 - 12/23/99 07:38 AM Re: Gooey Bobs: Here we go Again
hawk Offline
Spawner

Loc: austin, Minnesota, USA
If you didin't use scent or eggs with them, would they be considered legal in a "no bait" river. I would assume so. The place I go in the spring, has a no Bait restriction, and I don't want to spend time in a jail cell while my buddies are out fishing. Also, has anyone had any luck without using scent or eggs, and fishing them plain. We use a lot of single Luhr Jensen Rubber Eggs around here, and the steelies are especially fond of a single lime green egg fished with a microdot of egg colored yarn.

#84027 - 12/25/99 01:02 AM Re: Gooey Bobs: Here we go Again
BCsteel Offline
Alevin

gooey bobs with a small tuft of wool, I favor white wool. This with no scent fished under a float or bottom bounced is a consistent producer of steelies in BC. These will often take a fish that has seen lot's of other gear. Don't rule out magnum jensen eggs if your fishing bait approved waters. For a gooey to produce fish scent is not needed, if you can get your hands on the color BC orange that is the one you want.

Moderator:  The Moderator 
Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
Swifty27
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
0 registered (), 332 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13525
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63781 Topics
645402 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |