Power Pro Shimano Reels G Loomis Rods

Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#84118 - 12/30/99 10:59 AM Whidbey Steelhead
steely Offline
Parr

The Seattle PI reported this morning that Lagoon Point was the hottest steelheading in the state right now based on reports from Ted's Sporting Goods. Theory was that fish are on the way in to the various rivers and fishing should be good shortly. Never tried bank fishing on Whidbey for steelhead but sounds interesting....and much more productive than the Sky.

#84119 - 12/30/99 11:05 AM Re: Whidbey Steelhead
Yahoo Offline
Parr

Loc: Hansville ,Wa. U.S.A.
Hey guys, Yahoo here. Would love some info on howw the guys fish for steelies off the beach, has in gear, setups and style. Thinking that whidbey might not be a bad idea. Have heard alot of stuff about busch point beach fishing in the past but have never tried it. Ready to soak up some info!!! THANKS

#84120 - 12/30/99 11:50 AM Re: Whidbey Steelhead
Bobber Down Offline
Spawner

Loc: Lake Forest Dark, Wa
My consistent producer over the years has been a size 4 spin & glow (white/orange)paired up with a orange hoochie. Place a beed on both ends of the spin & glow, but on the top bead slide a toothpick into it to keep the spin&glow from floating up your line away from the hoochie skirt. I tie up a double hook rig (two 2/0's)and fish a leader about 2'6" feet in length with a fixed piece of lead. One other tip, slide a piece of yarn in one the top hook under the hoochie for soaking up shrimp oil!!!!

I've had my best luck fishing the outgoing tide after a reasonable high tide at both Bush and Ft. Casey. 90% of the fish bite within 10 feet of the bank. If you cast more than 20 yards from the beach your casting to far.

Lagoon Point is very terretorial with plenty of hostile locals! I'm sure this is result of inconsiderate fishermen in the past leaving garbage behind and using the beach as a urinal. If you pack it in pack it out. Those westside Whidbey beaches are to pristine to thrash! (i.e. lower Samish River).

Good luck to everyone and dress warm that wind coming out of the straight bites!

"It makes no sense to regulate salmon habitat on land while allowing thousands of yards of gill nets to be stretched across salmon habitat in the water"

John Carlson, Gubernatorial Contender, Sept. 2000 speech at the Ballard Locks

Moderator:  The Moderator 
Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
CHUBS
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
1 registered (stonefish), 1114 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13521
eyeFISH 12766
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63773 Topics
645302 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |