THE PP OUTDOOR FORUMS

Kast Gear!

Power Pro Shimano Reels G Loomis Rods

Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#842796 - 06/08/13 09:53 PM Re: Pres Obama delivers on a campaign promise... [Re: Todd]
blackmouth Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: right place/wrong time
Originally Posted By: Todd
Originally Posted By: blackmouth
I can only believe that support for Obama by vets is falling, just like it is in pretty much all polled groups.

I know you "can only believe" this...but it shows just what a clown you are.

Instead of what you can "only believe", you should consider...considering facts.

Not a standard right wing technique of analysis, I know...but it's really not all that hard.

First thing to do is to turn off Fox News. When you do you will quickly discover that what you "can only believe" is a set of made up bullshite that not very many people actually believe.

Second thing is to examine the past.

Just as when the right wing dipshits went after Clinton when everything was on the upswing, the right wing dipshits now are decrying Obama when the economy, jobs, consumer confidence, the housing industry, and manufacturing all all improving.

All of them.

Do right wingers care? Of course not...because they don't care about what is good for this country, nor do they care about what the other 80% of the country thinks.

They still think they are a "silent majority" when what they really are is a "bigmouthed minority"...a minority that gets smaller every day, albeit getting more bigmouthed every day as well.

These are the same people who were actually and truly dumbfounded when Romney got absolutely routed in the 2012 election.

How could they be so absolutely and incredibly wrong...especially when the other 80% of the country knew exactly what was coming...?

The reasoon they could actually be surprised is that they don't deal in reality...they deal in Fox News World, the un-reality that continues to tell them that everything is fine, and that it's all someone else's fault, but that we'll fix it for you.

Guess what? They're even more fullofshit than they ever have been, and those who "can only believe" what they really want to believe are just as fullofshit...the sad part is that they don't even know it. They actually believe what they want to believe.

I feel nothing but pity for them...well, pity and a bit of amusement, I must admit.

I have no idea what it will take for them to ever confront reality...it will probably never happen as "reality" and "right wing politics" are mutually exclusive, and believing in right wing politics rather than real world policy is how they have defined themselves.

At least they can hang out together and tell each other how right they are...I'm sure it brings them some solace.

Fish on...

Todd

If you were a reasonable person you could do a little research on the effect of President Obama's "problems" on his poll numbers, and you would see that I was correct when I said "pretty much all polled groups." but instead you choose to malign the messenger, of what you consider to be bad news.

Then you go off on a nonsensical tirade, making claims that are unsupportable, spewing insults like a gradeschooler, and generally acting like a child who had his feelings hurt and is trying to get even by hurting someone else.

Your posts often bring an old saying to mind, "If you can't dazzle them with brilliance baffle them with bullshid".

"So it goes." Kurt Vonnegut jr.

#842797 - 06/08/13 10:00 PM Re: Pres Obama delivers on a campaign promise... [Re: blackmouth]
Sol Duc Offline
April Fool

todd is a STUPID MUTHERFUCKING WING NUT, who needs to STFU! wink

- Albert Einstein.

#842800 - 06/08/13 10:03 PM Re: Pres Obama delivers on a campaign promise... [Re: Sol Duc]
Sol Duc Offline
April Fool

He has skeeter's balls plastered all over his ugly mug, and loves it! moose

- Albert Einstein.

#842801 - 06/08/13 10:04 PM Re: Pres Obama delivers on a campaign promise... [Re: ]
blackmouth Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: right place/wrong time

"So it goes." Kurt Vonnegut jr.

#842803 - 06/08/13 10:07 PM Re: Pres Obama delivers on a campaign promise... [Re: blackmouth]
ELP Offline
Parr

yay my president is better than your president! 350,000,000 people in the us and we get two choices every 4 or 8 years. GO TEAM GO!

Edited by ELP (06/08/13 10:08 PM)

#842810 - 06/08/13 10:49 PM Re: Pres Obama delivers on a campaign promise... [Re: ]
Sol Duc Offline
April Fool

He showed his true Amercia hating self in that thread a week ago that I spotted years ago, he's a chit bag to the highest order, an enemy within. [Bleeeeep!] HIM! wink

- Albert Einstein.

#842907 - 06/10/13 09:11 AM Re: Pres Obama delivers on a campaign promise... [Re: ]
Somethingsmellsf Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Ahhhhh, damn dog!
Originally Posted By: Chuck S.
Answer this for me ...

Is the military a choice or mandatory requirement?

Must be a damn tough question.............

crickets....

Lol

Was out enjoying my sunday, therefore the delay in my answer.

First off, thank you serving as an EMT/firefighter.I have several in my family. Tough job.

Now on to your question.

Technically it is a choice, but that choice is predicated on how you get to choose. If you have the choice to go to college and get an education without joining then you have infinitely more choices. If you come from abject poverty, well then your choices are a completely different matter.
You obviously went to college and went on to serve in the manner you did.
Others do not have that choice and must approach their paths with a completely different set of choices and some have almost no choice, if they want to get out of the situation they live in.
I have seen such abject poverty that the kids in the family do not get shoes until they are they go to high school, or to work. They lived in homes with dirt floors and some with no running water. What kind of choices do they have.

Your question was loaded and meant to box me in and answer that everyone has a choice, but not everyone has the same choices.

Everyone that serves should be commended and while your chosen profession and service is commendable it is not really the same as being trained with ordnance,small arms and explosives as an everyday part of your job.While your job may have put you into harms way at times, those that serve militarily train to be in harms way as a usual part of their job and expect to be put in that situation daily!

Choice or mandatory, some people don't have the choices that others may have.

Again sorry for the delay, I was enjoying my sunday with the family.

Fishy

The idea of a middle class life is slowly drifting away as each and every day we realize that our nation is becoming more of a corporatacracy.

I think name-calling is the right way to handle this one/Dan S

We're here from the WDFW and we're here to help--Uhh Ohh!

#842911 - 06/10/13 10:31 AM Re: Pres Obama delivers on a campaign promise... [Re: ]
docspud Offline
Three Time Spawner

Loc: Silverdale Wa
This country isnt about D and R anymore. Its political rape from these assholes who dont have a care in the world that doesnt beenfit themselves.

Give that man a gold star.

#842916 - 06/10/13 11:31 AM Re: Pres Obama delivers on a campaign promise... [Re: ]
JohnQ Offline
Spawner

Loc: COF in the Upper Left Hand Cor...
Originally Posted By: Somethingsmellsf
[quote=Somethingsmellsf]That about sum it up?

Fishy

lol

Nice spin move ... but a swing and a miss no less.

Still doesn't answer the question now does it?

Fishy

I was a firefighter/EMT for 20 years ... What do you think?

Answer this for me ...

Is the military a choice or mandatory requirement?

[/quote

Depends how old you are, for me in 1962 it was NOT a choice

AuntyM -- What Crab Audit???? Not That POS Senior AssHat Published!!!!

Hey Mr Childers, have you corrected that Scofflaw Spreadsheet Yet?????

#842923 - 06/10/13 01:00 PM Re: Pres Obama delivers on a campaign promise... [Re: ]
Todd Offline
Dick Nipples

Loc: Seattle, Washington USA
You can squawk all you want...but when you turn on FauxNews and all you hear is Benghazi this and Benghazi that, and then come here and parrot it with whatever other scandal of the week they want you to gin up, you are ignoring virtually everything that is actually going on that the other 80 or 85 percent of the nation's citizens actually cares about.

Doing that is just plain stupid.

Somehow convincing yourself that you represent something other than a very narrow band of believers that gets more and more narrow every day is even more stupid...but just like with the last Presidential election, I'm not sure what it will take for you to realize that. Half of you still don't believe what happened when Romney was dismantled.

Embrace reality, or cover your eyes and ears and keep pretending you are "right" and sooner or later you'll be profoundly surprised by your lack of insight into the actual world yet again.

Will it change you? Doubt it. But it sure isn't adding anyone to your already narrow and diminishing fantasy that you live in.

Fish on...

Todd

Team Flying Super Ditch Pickle

#842926 - 06/10/13 01:59 PM Re: Pres Obama delivers on a campaign promise... [Re: Todd]
Rossiman Offline
Spawner

Loc: Monroe, WA
Last time I checked Todd, Fox news is the most watched News/Network in the USofA. Id much rather watch Bill O'Reilly, The Five and Governor Huckabee than Pierce Morgan and Anderson Cooper. I personally don't trust half the chit that any News Network spews but the above 3 mentioned shows are usually pretty good...

Who do you watch? MSNBC...
The last Administration was a joke and so is this one. Politicians are ALL the same. All they care about is themselves and there party... Its time to get them ALL out and start fresh.

#842931 - 06/10/13 02:21 PM Re: Pres Obama delivers on a campaign promise... [Re: Rossiman]
Todd Offline
Dick Nipples

Loc: Seattle, Washington USA
I watch most all the news channels, but get most of my news online.

You can watch those shows for entertainment value but if you are looking to learn anything factual you are heading down the path of being as big of an imbecile as Sol Dunce.

Fish on...

Todd

Team Flying Super Ditch Pickle

#842939 - 06/10/13 03:18 PM Re: Pres Obama delivers on a campaign promise... [Re: ]
Jerry Garcia Offline

Loc: everett
Amid investigations into the terrorist attacks on the U.S. Consulate in Benghazi, Libya, a majority of Americans – including more than three in four Republicans (77 percent) and six in 10 independents (59 percent) – think the Obama administration is mostly hiding something on the issue of Benghazi. A majority of Democrats (59 percent) think the Obama administration is mostly telling the truth.

A majority of Americans (59 percent) say they are following news about the investigations into the Obama administration’s handling of the attacks in Benghazi at least somewhat closely, including a quarter who are following it very closely – though Republicans and independents are following the issue more closely than Democrats.

Growing old ain't for wimps
Lonnie Gane

#842942 - 06/10/13 03:37 PM Re: Pres Obama delivers on a campaign promise... [Re: ]
Somethingsmellsf Offline
River Nutrients

Originally Posted By: Somethingsmellsf
Again sorry for the delay, I was enjoying my sunday with the family.

Fishy

I am always good with that plan, spent all weekend on a ballfield myself thumbs

It is not "technically" a choice, joining the military IS a choice regardless of the reason. The purpose of the military isnt to provide free educations or a path of escape from simple life as some think it is.

Nuf said.

Fact still remains - this admin, is just as shiitty as the last admin and the next one, wont be any less shittier.

That I can guarantee you. This country isnt about D and R anymore. Its political rape from these assholes who dont have a care in the world that doesnt beenfit themselves.

Whether the purpose of joining the military is to escape a "simple life" or a path to education should be considered as they are some of the reasons that people join. You became an EMT not just to serve but to gain from your service also, pay,benefits, retirement, etc and that should not be any different from serving in our military.
Technically you and I had a lot more choices than others out there and those that serve in our military preserve our right to that choice. As part of their service they should expect to gain an education,benefits, retirement just like you expected to gain from your employment.
Some out there have little or no choice.

"That I can guarantee you. This country isnt about D and R anymore. Its political rape from these assholes who dont have a care in the world that doesnt beenfit themselves."

At least we can agree on the above statement in quotes.

Fishy

The idea of a middle class life is slowly drifting away as each and every day we realize that our nation is becoming more of a corporatacracy.

#842967 - 06/10/13 05:37 PM Re: Pres Obama delivers on a campaign promise... [Re: docspud]
Sol Duc Offline
April Fool

Bush's fault!

- Albert Einstein.

#842984 - 06/10/13 08:37 PM Re: Pres Obama delivers on a campaign promise... [Re: ]
Somethingsmellsf Offline
River Nutrients

Smells - I realize that things happen for a reason which is the limiting factor in many peoples choices and decisions.

We agree on a lot more than ya might think.

I aint totally unreasonable ya know ... well maybe (grin)

I hope in my lifetime the people are able to get some integrity back into the government. Until the entire process gets flushed for the do-over, the chance is slim.

Chuck, we've met and you didn't have two heads or anything that I could tell! smile

Integrity back into Govt, what a concept!!!!!

Fishy

#847455 - 07/11/13 04:30 PM Re: Pres Obama delivers on a campaign promise... [Re: AP a.k.a. Kaiser D]
AP a.k.a. Kaiser D Offline
Hippie

Loc: B'ham
Originally Posted By: AP a.k.a. Kaiser D
Nearly all of Congress and certainly both administrations are complicit in the absolutely unAmerican disgrace.

Unfortunately, hundreds of thousands of Americans (in the public and private sector), including some on this board, that are complicit too. This isn't just govt secretly "breaking in". They were given the [Bleeeeep!] keys!

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2013/jul/11/microsoft-nsa-collaboration-user-data

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
Iwant2fish
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
0 registered (), 535 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14489
Salmo g. 13526
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63783 Topics
645418 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |