Sol Duc Offline
April Fool

- Albert Einstein.

#856116 - 09/07/13 03:10 PM Re: Syria [Re: ]
Driftin' Offline
Three Time Spawner

Loc: Offshore
Trust me....

Love the halibut eye @ 0:11. Does "nothing" include who will buy US bonds when the Chinese dump theirs?

#856119 - 09/07/13 03:46 PM Re: Syria [Re: Driftin']
Sol Duc Offline
April Fool

Classic! Thanks for sharing. smile

- Albert Einstein.

#856232 - 09/08/13 02:46 PM Re: Syria [Re: Sol Duc]
Salmo g. Offline
River Nutrients

Ya's think Obama might have some second thoughts when his only allies on bombing Assad are the French and Al Qaeda.

General Dempsey can't describe the mission objective to Congress or anyone (on the record). Obama would probably can him if he told the truth and said the mission objective is to try and save face for Obama. Man, I sound like a Republican or something; makes me feel so dirty.

#856239 - 09/08/13 03:44 PM Re: Syria [Re: Salmo g.]
Driftin' Offline
Three Time Spawner

Loc: Offshore
In "The Art of War" by Sun Tzu, the timeless strategist stated that wars are successfully waged by deception and surprise. In the warfare of chess, the do nothing move is called a zugzwang. It allows the employer of such a nullity to gain a strategic advantage in subsequent moves.

The hubris of McCain in the video above, and most that tout the "world's most powerful military" meme, that the rest of the world will do "nothing" in response may very well be *surprised* should Syria, Iran, Lebanon, Russia and/or China do something militarily and economically in response to yet another military goading in Syria after repeated zugzwangs. The element of surprise by such deception would likely leave our best and brightest along with their floating and flying instruments of war alongside our domestic economy and global status at the bottom of the Mediterranean in short order. Sadly, the likes of McCain and his ilk will not shed any blood in the process. As an aside, I loved Putin's query at the recent G20 meeting as to "what should be done if evidence showed that the US-sanctioned rebels used the chemical weapons and not Assad?" Checkmate.

My initial post in this thread looked to the larger question of what would Russia and/or China do in response to any military act by the US without UN sanction. Should there be a decisive move by the supposed underdogs in this ongoing drama, it would give rise to the still larger question of what will our delusional sock puppets in DC do to save face? God help us all....

#856333 - 09/09/13 12:07 AM Re: Syria [Re: ]
Direct-Drive Offline
ExtenZe Field Tester

Loc: Vancouver, WA
Originally Posted By: Hankster
I tried to do that and I did it the same way I embed the pics I post. It didn't come up.

I guess I'm not as 'puter literate as you. Thanks.. thumbs

The :large fooked up the address is all.
Take that out and yer golden.

Back on topic....
We're fukked if Assad's chemical weapons fall into the hands of Al Qaeda.
What a mess.

#856406 - 09/09/13 03:03 PM Re: Syria [Re: ]
Direct-Drive Offline
ExtenZe Field Tester

Originally Posted By: Chuck S.
Originally Posted By: Direct-Drive

We're fukked if Assad's chemical weapons fall into the hands of Al Qaeda.
What a mess.

Wanna bet he is already selling them like hot cakes?

I dunno.
Al Qaeda typically hates a leader like Assad, so they (Al Qaeda) would very likely turn around and use the weapons against Assad.

Those chemical weapons are probably the most valuable asset that Assad has.
Wouldn't be too much of a stretch to see a deal brokered where Assad trades asylum for himself and his family in exchange for the handover of his chemical weapons.

#856424 - 09/09/13 03:49 PM Re: Syria [Re: ]
Direct-Drive Offline
ExtenZe Field Tester

Update: Another good question is why Obama didn't make the same proposal to begin with. Why did he immediately decide to bomb?

1) Syria has been a client of Russia's (USSR) since the 40's and probably has more influence there than any other developed country.

2) Possibly dumb luck (maybe not), but Obama's sabre-rattling has apparently stimulated Russia into acting in a positive way.

3) If it works, Russia gets cred and lives are very likely saved.

#856454 - 09/09/13 04:52 PM Re: Syria [Re: ]
Direct-Drive Offline
ExtenZe Field Tester

Originally Posted By: Steelspanker
It was Kerry who first floated the "turn over the chemical weapons" idea in what appeared to be an off handed remark. The Russians seized on the idea, which is good...assuming they are serious.

That all said, I really don't care that much about who should get the credit. If we can stop Syria's chemical weapons capability without killing anyone else, that's all that really matters. It would be a win for all sides with no risk of a quagmire for us.

Right, no one cares about that, but it is a motivator and there's value there.

#856521 - 09/09/13 10:55 PM Re: Syria [Re: ]
Direct-Drive Offline
ExtenZe Field Tester

"as that this brutal dictator with a history of playing fast and loose with the facts cannot be trusted to turn over chemical weapons"

Don't think any trust would be necessary.
When it came down to it, it would be like a spy exchange, albeit on a much larger scale.
If somebody blinks, the whole place gets shot up and nobody wins.

#856530 - 09/09/13 11:23 PM Re: Syria [Re: ]
VHawk. Offline
River Nutrients

Originally Posted By: Steelspanker
It was Kerry who first floated the "turn over the chemical weapons" idea in what appeared to be an off handed remark. The Russians seized on the idea, which is good...assuming they are serious.

That all said, I really don't care that much about who should get the credit. If we can stop Syria's chemical weapons capability without killing anyone else, that's all that really matters. It would be a win for all sides with no risk of a quagmire for us.

Don't let the internets find out about how your posting moderate, reasonable, and well thought out opinions. You'll get banned and forced to buy 1970's issues of National Geographic just to see naked boobs again.

VHawk

#856621 - 09/10/13 03:52 PM Re: Syria [Re: ]
Us and Them Offline
Repeat Spawner

Loc: Seattle
Obama and Kerry woke up in a park with grass stains on their knees and Russian rubbers hanging out of their butts and they are trying to make up stories about what has really happened. Obama is claiming that the threat of force got Syria to agree to give up the chem weapons. Was that the " very minuscule, Very limited" use of force Kerry is touting? Or was it Obama's red line warning that he issued two years ago that Assad has crossed twice now with no consequences? The community organizer is Putins bitch and soon to be anyone's bitch because the whole world knows how weak he and his team are.

#856624 - 09/10/13 04:02 PM Re: Syria [Re: Us and Them]
Sol Duc Offline
April Fool

Zero has turned WH into a clown show...he just needs to GTFO and play golf and shoot hoop like the little girly boy she is...and don't forget to grab the Mooch.... rofl

- Albert Einstein.

#856628 - 09/10/13 04:12 PM Re: Syria [Re: ]
Direct-Drive Offline
ExtenZe Field Tester

At the end of the day Russia wants to contain those chemical weapons as much as we do.
Hopefully those with influence can make that containment happen.

After that, if Syria becomes a lawless state like Somalia, we can lob schitt in from time to time to "manage" it.
Like dealing with the Barbary Pirates 200 years ago.

#856641 - 09/10/13 05:16 PM Re: Syria [Re: ]
Direct-Drive Offline
ExtenZe Field Tester

Originally Posted By: Chuck S.
Originally Posted By: Direct-Drive
At the end of the day Russia wants to contain those chemical weapons as much as we do.
Hopefully those with influence can make that containment happen.

After that, if Syria becomes a lawless state like Somalia, we can lob schitt in from time to time to "manage" it.
Like dealing with the Barbary Pirates 200 years ago.

rumor has it Biden is already loadin it up grin

rofl

Load that sucker up with hog guts and let 'er fly.

#856752 - 09/11/13 04:19 AM Re: Syria [Re: Direct-Drive]
RobertF
Unregistered

Is Kerry still married to the chick who owns Ketchup? They could just put anthrax in the squeeze bottle

#856753 - 09/11/13 04:19 AM Re: Syria [Re: ]
RobertF
Unregistered

#856961 - 09/12/13 04:03 PM Re: Syria [Re: ]
Sky-Guy Offline
The Tide changed

Loc: Everett

#856963 - 09/12/13 04:15 PM Re: Syria [Re: Sky-Guy]
Dogfish Offline
Poodle Smolt

Loc: McCleary, WA
If this whole Syria thing settles down I won't have anything to look at on Live Leak.

They call me POODLE SMOLT!

The Discover Pass is brought to you by your friends at the CCA.

#856967 - 09/12/13 04:25 PM Re: Syria [Re: Dogfish]
Sky-Guy Offline
The Tide changed

Loc: Everett
Syriausly! Some crazy vids coming out of that area....Snackbar! Snackbar!

Page 7 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
Cameron D., FlyingFish, NEfishLdo, shinnecock1
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
1 registered (Carcassman), 581 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14489
Salmo g. 13526
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63783 Topics
645422 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |