Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#869266 - 11/13/13 07:40 PM Re: New to NW Washington [Re: ]
cjjohnston14 Offline
Juvenile at Sea

Loc: Silverdale, WA
Originally Posted By: Piper
don't let these ascot wearing, orvis fishermen get to you.

Back in the day, before to global warming and gore tex; we wore insulated rubber hip boots over levi jeans, wool socks, and rubber raincoats. We fished from daylight till dark without gloves because trigger grips only came on 5'6" heavy weight bass rods... Yeah, we might've got a little wet, or a little cold, but we were men... not one of these shave chested, pussy foot, delicate flower types, that shiver when their girlfriend talks to them...

beer

HA this has to be one of my favorite posts to see yet.. Well said.. I am a Diver and have been diving these cold waters sometime now for hours at a time and i have grown accustomed to it. Before i was here I was in CT and the waters get ice on them and you hafta break thru the ice before you dive. I will continue to wear my wetsuit until i can afford me own waders but i appreciate the offer.

CJ

#869267 - 11/13/13 07:42 PM Re: New to NW Washington [Re: cjjohnston14]
cjjohnston14 Offline
Juvenile at Sea

and i typically go fishing on weekends i work too late during the week to use the light hours. But if you are going to be fishing somewhere shoot me a PM and if i happen to go there or whatever I'll keep an eye out with my pitbull haha

CJ

#869320 - 11/13/13 10:45 PM Re: New to NW Washington [Re: cjjohnston14]
Piper
Unregistered

Originally Posted By: cjjohnston14
Originally Posted By: Piper
don't let these ascot wearing, orvis fishermen get to you.

Back in the day, before to global warming and gore tex; we wore insulated rubber hip boots over levi jeans, wool socks, and rubber raincoats. We fished from daylight till dark without gloves because trigger grips only came on 5'6" heavy weight bass rods... Yeah, we might've got a little wet, or a little cold, but we were men... not one of these shave chested, pussy foot, delicate flower types, that shiver when their girlfriend talks to them...

beer

HA this has to be one of my favorite posts to see yet.. Well said.. I am a Diver and have been diving these cold waters sometime now for hours at a time and i have grown accustomed to it. Before i was here I was in CT and the waters get ice on them and you hafta break thru the ice before you dive. I will continue to wear my wetsuit until i can afford me own waders but i appreciate the offer.

Chipping ice to go diving is the ultimate. You, no doubt, have what it takes to fish the northwest... Steelheaders think they're real tough, but they only wade out knee deep most of the time. I want to see them put on a mask and regulator and dunk their laser peeled faces in the 40 deg waters of Puget sound for an hour.. Neoprene waders turned em all into pussies, all warm and wet on the inside. Now you've got goretex and breathable waders that have turned them into assholes, their stink permiates like a beer fart.

wink in all seriousness you live in a good area for spring and summer saltwater fishing. Cutthroat start apearing in good numbers in april and coho fishing is awesome july Aug and Sept. Stick around and enjoy the show. There is a wealth of information most of us are willing to share just for the askin

#869350 - 11/14/13 01:49 AM Re: New to NW Washington [Re: ]
YBD
Unregistered

I think fishing in a wet suit is a kick @ss idea and a noble fashion statement. If you are broke and don't think the mild rain amd temperatures will kill you than I wouldn't worry much about it. You won't be sitting in a boat talking politics. If you get cold jump around and move your limbs like a wrestler before a match. And if it is raining on your walk into the tackle shop DO NOT use an umbrella. Or ever for that matter. You are in the great P to the N to the Duba' Ya. Embrace it. And ask that guy that looks like the dude who builds homes for people who need help on T.V (Merg) if he will let you go feeshing with him like he said. Welcome and good luck.

Watch out for boats with phone numbers on the side. It is adverstising for call girls. They have taken to the rivers to sell their women due to the lack of police enforcement.

Edited by YBD (11/14/13 01:52 AM)

#869351 - 11/14/13 02:00 AM Re: New to NW Washington [Re: ]
YBD
Unregistered

And RB3 is an undercover C.O.

#869360 - 11/14/13 02:24 AM Re: New to NW Washington [Re: ]
RB3 Offline
Repeat Spawner

Originally Posted By: YBD
And RB3 is an undercover C.O.

Over cover CO.

#869377 - 11/14/13 09:22 AM Re: New to NW Washington [Re: RB3]
YBD
Unregistered

smile

#869378 - 11/14/13 09:40 AM Re: New to NW Washington [Re: ]
Chip Goodhue Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Kitsap County
CJ..... I grew up striper fishing in RI, now marooned on the wrong coast. Spent a lot of my early years here chasing salmon and steelhead on the OP. Eventually bought a boat, got old, lazy, now just focus my cold season efforts inside a heated cabin for winter chinook. PM me and I'll take you out in December once the fish show up in some numbers. Boat is close by to you.

#869414 - 11/14/13 02:58 PM Re: New to NW Washington [Re: Chip Goodhue]
cjjohnston14 Offline
Juvenile at Sea

Yea I'm hard. ha... Merg said he was gonna take me but we will see. I am taking a day off to go with him tomorrow so I hope that wasn't taken for nothing. Chip I absolutly miss Striper and Tautog fishing. My buddies back there keep sending me pictures and I am super jealous. I am a devoted passionate fisherman and will make the best of what I have. I can't thank everyone enough for the information that has been given to me. Great group of guys here.

CJ

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
derekE, hunting 6x6, josh870, Lanny McGlamery, steelie guy, Vern B.
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
0 registered (), 706 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 27837
Dan S. 16958
Sol Duc 15727
The Moderator 13941
Salmo g. 13394
eyeFISH 12606
STRIKE ZONE 11969
Dogfish 10878
ParaLeaks 10363
Jerry Garcia 9013
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63786 Topics
645447 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |