Sol Duc Offline
April Fool

Big Daddy can give you a loan. stir

- Albert Einstein.

#869525 - 11/14/13 09:47 PM Re: Boeing contract.... [Re: steeliedrew]
steeliedrew Offline
SRC Poser

Loc: Snohomish
Question for Chuck. You said you left your union once you were fully vested. so, did you not fight at all for your benefits? and if I was a corporation trying to take them would you not be willing to fight for them?

"Dude...where's your boat!?" Team runaway drift boat prostaff.

Big Stick 2012: "EVERY thought of my being, is in regards to being a Hi-Tech Predator and I relish the role."

#869526 - 11/14/13 09:49 PM Re: Boeing contract.... [Re: steeliedrew]
Sol Duc Offline
April Fool

Originally Posted By: steeliedrew
God damnit Zach! You're a cool guy but I'm nobodies Fvcking turbo, buddy or chief.

Big Guy? Boss? :>)

- Albert Einstein.

#869527 - 11/14/13 09:50 PM Re: Boeing contract.... [Re: Us and Them]
Salman Offline
Spawner

#869528 - 11/14/13 09:52 PM Re: Boeing contract.... [Re: Sol Duc]
Dan S. Offline
It all boils down to this - I'm right, everyone else is wrong, and anyone who disputes this is clearly a dumbfuck.

Loc: SE Olympia, WA
This is just life as labor, Drew, and Boeing's pimp hand is stronger than labor's is now. In fact, it probably will be from here on out.

A competent machinist can make a living working in many industries, but those industries will likely play ball just like Boeing does, so this is something you'll face throughout your career.

I know Boeing provides you the ability to further your education on their dime, and this might be a good time to look into that and expand your skill set so you are better able to shift gears and stay gainfully employed should something big happen.

Good luck. I guess we'll just have to see how this plays out.

Bon Scott - Shot Down in Flames

#869529 - 11/14/13 09:52 PM Re: Boeing contract.... [Re: Sol Duc]
steeliedrew Offline
SRC Poser

Originally Posted By: Sol Duc
Big Daddy can give you a loan. stir

I'll be quite alright. I have an AA in automotive technology and worked as a factory Volkswagen technician for a few years before the economy tanked and people stopped fixing their cars. Still have all my tools from that venture. Then I dabbled into the marine industry for a few years where I installed and repaired reverse osmosis desalination systems in pleasure yachts and work boats. I've been on most of the Foss maritime Tugs, Crowley marine tugs etc. point is I'm always networking, and I'm educated. My other point is suck it.

Big Stick 2012: "EVERY thought of my being, is in regards to being a Hi-Tech Predator and I relish the role."

#869531 - 11/14/13 09:54 PM Re: Boeing contract.... [Re: Dan S.]
steeliedrew Offline
SRC Poser

Originally Posted By: Dan S.
This is just life as labor, Drew, and Boeing's pimp hand is stronger than labor's is now. In fact, it probably will be from here on out.

A competent machinist can make a living working in many industries, but those industries will likely play ball just like Boeing does, so this is something you'll face throughout your career.

I know Boeing provides you the ability to further your education on their dime, and this might be a good time to look into that and expand your skill set so you are better able to shift gears and stay gainfully employed.

Good luck. I guess we'll just have to see how this plays out.

Thanks Dan.

I've been thinking a lot about taking full advantage of schooling. The whole world is watching.

Edited by steeliedrew (11/14/13 09:56 PM)

#869532 - 11/14/13 09:55 PM Re: Boeing contract.... [Re: ]
steeliedrew Offline
SRC Poser

Originally Posted By: Reefer
And no, I'm not looking for any Pitty. I'm not interested in what anyone thinks right now other than Boeing and the unions.

If that's the case I don't see much reason for this cry baby thread you started.

Eat me islander.

#869533 - 11/14/13 09:57 PM Re: Boeing contract.... [Re: steeliedrew]
gvbest Offline
Repeat Spawner

Loc: Silverdale, WA
Question for Chuck. You said you left your union once you were fully vested. so, did you not fight at all for your benefits? and if I was a corporation trying to take them would you not be willing to fight for them?

Not sure how much fight a smart man would put up if he knew the Victory today would only mean the defeat of those benefits in the future. Sometimes you have to look/think about the future to make smart choices today.

#869534 - 11/14/13 09:58 PM Re: Boeing contract.... [Re: Sol Duc]
steeliedrew Offline
SRC Poser

Originally Posted By: Sol Duc
God damnit Zach! You're a cool guy but I'm nobodies Fvcking turbo, buddy or chief.

Big Guy? Boss? :>)

Oh you're too funny. But, you REALLY don't know me.

#869535 - 11/14/13 10:00 PM Re: Boeing contract.... [Re: ]
JTD Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Browns Point,Wa. USA

I don't expect you to fully understand. ..

And no, I'm not looking for any Pitty. I'm not interested in what anyone thinks right now other than Boeing and the union.

Then why did you post here in the first place? Also, it would have been helpful for us to know all these minor facts up front.

You don't expect us to fully understand? Understand how Washington State offers additional tax breaks AT OUR EXPENSE to basically fund retirement benefits that probably won't even affect you? And you wonder why we are unsympathetic. Obviously we are all under qualified to even comment on the intricacies of YOUR predicament and you wholely dismiss any discussion for nothing less than lack of agreement.

Huh.

I was going to let it go until you got indignant again, but you throughout this entire thread you havent really offered ANY reason why we should consider otherwise, you offer zero evidence other than how great it is to to work there and how difficult your OWN situation is. I think you thought of no one but yourself contrary to all opinions gathered here.

I have to admit, what I found most interesting from this dialogue is how carefully and thoughtfully you countered FP's sarcasm with this:

[Bleeeeep!]!!! Suck my Fvcking dick.

That was eloquent in the face of adversity and pretty much exactly the quality retort I expected.

rofl
In the legend of King Arthur, the Fisher King was a renowned angler whose errant ways caused him to be struck dumb in the presence of the sacred chalice. I am no great fisherman, and a steelhead is not the covenant of Christ, but with each of these fish I am rendered speechless.

#869537 - 11/14/13 10:07 PM Re: Boeing contract.... [Re: JTD]
steeliedrew Offline
SRC Poser

You're Right JTD. You guys are all right and I'm wrong. can you sleep at night now? I'm the fvck out of here. fvck this website. It was cool once but is now full of the most worthless sh!t on the web. Those of you I have met are cool. Not sure about the rest of you. I'm done. I don't need this site for a damn thing fishing related anymore. Go ahead and delete my account. I really could care less.

#869538 - 11/14/13 10:07 PM Re: Boeing contract.... [Re: steeliedrew]
Big_Daddy
Unregistered

big daddy. You're pretty tough behind that keyboard aren't you? I'll tell you this...I'm no Fvking kid! fvck you.

I don't recall referring to you as a "kid"

As for the rest of your statement....... rofl

#869543 - 11/14/13 10:11 PM Re: Boeing contract.... [Re: ]
Us and Them Offline
Repeat Spawner

Loc: Seattle
Is your dad aix sponsa drew?

Edited by Tom Joad (11/14/13 10:12 PM)

#869544 - 11/14/13 10:13 PM Re: Boeing contract.... [Re: Us and Them]
Salman Offline
Spawner

Right to work states suck. Boeing can go ahead and jump states and employ their new bright workforce for minimum wage it doesn't hurt my feelings.

#869545 - 11/14/13 10:15 PM Re: Boeing contract.... [Re: ]
JTD Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Browns Point,Wa. USA

I also thought you were a pretty cool guy, like I said in my first reply. We may not agree and I attribute your hostility and impulsiveness to your age.

I've been there.

It is okay to disagree and act like a man by following through with your beliefs, but I have to say, you folded like a house of cards brother.

You don't have to leave.

Edited by JTD (11/14/13 10:17 PM)
In the legend of King Arthur, the Fisher King was a renowned angler whose errant ways caused him to be struck dumb in the presence of the sacred chalice. I am no great fisherman, and a steelhead is not the covenant of Christ, but with each of these fish I am rendered speechless.

#869547 - 11/14/13 10:16 PM Re: Boeing contract.... [Re: ]
Sol Duc Offline
April Fool

Originally Posted By: FishPrince
You need to calm down, bro... just take a break for the night or something. How you going to fish the SRC if you quit the site?

Now that's some SWAG!

BWP on the tambourine?

- Albert Einstein.

#869549 - 11/14/13 10:17 PM Re: Boeing contract.... [Re: JTD]
gvbest Offline
Repeat Spawner

Loc: Silverdale, WA
Screw it, I am taking my toys and going home because my union told me it was the right thing to do.

#869550 - 11/14/13 10:18 PM Re: Boeing contract.... [Re: JTD]
Salman Offline
Spawner

Originally Posted By: JTD

I also thought you were a pretty cool guy, like I said in my first reply. We may not agree and I attribute your hostility and impulsiveness to your age.

I've been there.

It is okay to disagree and act like a man by following through with your beliefs, but I have to say, you folded like a house of cards brother.

You don't have to leave.

Boeing is the one that folded like a house of cards.

#869553 - 11/14/13 10:24 PM Re: Boeing contract.... [Re: ]
Ale Offline
Juvenile at Sea

Loc: Grand Rapids, MI
Unions worked out great here.

God it feels good to be Kangster.

Page 5 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 9 10 >

Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
FISH'N BRASS, jomat, Rollo, Venga, Warlock49766
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
1 registered (Excitable Bob), 199 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 27837
Dan S. 16958
Sol Duc 15727
The Moderator 13941
Salmo g. 13394
eyeFISH 12606
STRIKE ZONE 11969
Dogfish 10878
ParaLeaks 10363
Jerry Garcia 9013
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63786 Topics
645447 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |