Page 7 of 10 < 1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#872309 - 11/28/13 12:48 PM Re: Boeing contract.... [Re: Jerry Garcia]
RB3 Offline
Repeat Spawner

Originally Posted By: Jerry Garcia
Originally Posted By: RB3
My Union gave me a free 15lb Turkey. My soul is still in tact.

Free??

Yes sir. I'm no longer a member now though. Moving on to greener pastures. This was probably the best run union that I have been a part of. Not sure if it matters that it was for a Federal Agency but they did well by all members without a lot of the BS dramas.

#872521 - 11/30/13 01:36 PM Re: Boeing contract.... [Re: steeliedrew]
Illyrian Offline
Repeat Spawner

Loc: Spokane, wa
I used to belong to that Machinists union. Bunch of dimmies from my
experience. We were working on the 747. SSt and a challenge to sell 737s
much modified to the military. There were several wildcat strikes if you would call them that. Some jerk would get a hair crossways and pull a grievance. Mostly BS.
KACC dumped the Ravenswood WVA plant just because of Steelworkers antics.
Figure out some way for the company to make a dime and you will make a dime. Figuratively speaking. Some never figure out that when you screw
the company you are screwing yourself.

Hope 777x finds a way to stay here in Washington. For Boeing, the Unions
and the state economy's sake.

Edited by Illyrian (11/30/13 01:36 PM)

#872562 - 11/30/13 05:17 PM Re: Boeing contract.... [Re: Illyrian]
Jerry Garcia Offline

Loc: everett
Was down at Mukilteo this morning having a walk and I pass a couple of large 4 wheel drive diesel pickups pulled close together and can hear the two guys complaining about what the hell does boeing think they are pulling yada yada yada. 2 guys in $40,000 pickups complaining about their lousy no good employer. Talk about blind.

Growing old ain't for wimps
Lonnie Gane

#872663 - 12/01/13 12:16 PM Re: Boeing contract.... [Re: Jerry Garcia]
blackmouth Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: right place/wrong time
Yuup.

"So it goes." Kurt Vonnegut jr.

#872670 - 12/01/13 01:09 PM Re: Boeing contract.... [Re: Jerry Garcia]
Salman Offline
Spawner

Was down at Mukilteo this morning having a walk and I pass a couple of large 4 wheel drive diesel pickups pulled close together and can hear the two guys complaining about what the hell does boeing think they are pulling yada yada yada. 2 guys in $40,000 pickups complaining about their lousy no good employer. Talk about blind.

It's okay for Boeing to take home millions of dollars in profits because of those guys and not even bother giving them a contract they want?

#872673 - 12/01/13 01:20 PM Re: Boeing contract.... [Re: Salman]
JTD Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Browns Point,Wa. USA
Originally Posted By: Salman

It's okay for Boeing to take home millions of dollars in profits because of those guys and not even bother giving them a contract they want?

The profits of a company don't belong to the LABORERS.
In the legend of King Arthur, the Fisher King was a renowned angler whose errant ways caused him to be struck dumb in the presence of the sacred chalice. I am no great fisherman, and a steelhead is not the covenant of Christ, but with each of these fish I am rendered speechless.

#872675 - 12/01/13 01:28 PM Re: Boeing contract.... [Re: Salman]
Jerry Garcia Offline

Loc: everett

This is who Boeing answers to

http://finance.yahoo.com/q/mh?s=ba+Major+Holders

Growing old ain't for wimps
Lonnie Gane

#872676 - 12/01/13 01:32 PM Re: Boeing contract.... [Re: ]
Dan S. Offline
It all boils down to this - I'm right, everyone else is wrong, and anyone who disputes this is clearly a dumbfuck.

Loc: SE Olympia, WA
Originally Posted By: Hankster

Yes

Something that's conveniently forgotten is no profits = no jobs.. wink

Something also forgotten is: no spending money in the pockets of the middle class = no need for Boeing aircraft to fly

People buying airline tickets and shipping freight create jobs, not Boeing CAS.

Bon Scott - Shot Down in Flames

#872678 - 12/01/13 01:39 PM Re: Boeing contract.... [Re: JTD]
Salman Offline
Spawner

Originally Posted By: JTD

The profits of a company don't belong to the LABORERS.

The company has to pay them something or they won't work.

Edited by Salman (12/01/13 01:40 PM)

#872681 - 12/01/13 01:44 PM Re: Boeing contract.... [Re: ]
Dan S. Offline
It all boils down to this - I'm right, everyone else is wrong, and anyone who disputes this is clearly a dumbfuck.

Loc: SE Olympia, WA
People without money are going to go by train or fly an Airbus?

What the fu.ck are you even saying, X-ray?

PS - Never mind - I should have never even started a conversation with a fuckin idiot like you.

Edited by Dan S. (12/01/13 01:45 PM)
Edit Reason: to tell Hank to fu.ck off

Bon Scott - Shot Down in Flames

#872690 - 12/01/13 02:24 PM Re: Boeing contract.... [Re: Salman]
JTD Offline
River Nutrients

The company has to pay them something or they won't work.

Really?

Did you just come up with that tidbit of genius by yourself?

rolleyes
In the legend of King Arthur, the Fisher King was a renowned angler whose errant ways caused him to be struck dumb in the presence of the sacred chalice. I am no great fisherman, and a steelhead is not the covenant of Christ, but with each of these fish I am rendered speechless.

#872696 - 12/01/13 02:45 PM Re: Boeing contract.... [Re: JTD]
Salman Offline
Spawner

What do you think when Boeing doesn't want to agree to the contract the workers want? They don't work.

#872714 - 12/01/13 04:35 PM Re: Boeing contract.... [Re: Salman]
gvbest Offline
Repeat Spawner

Loc: Silverdale, WA
You do realize that Boeing doesn't care if you purchase airline tickets. That is the airline's concern, and they will reduce price to fill planes. Boeing sells a large percentage of their planes to foreign airlines, so they will be just fine.

#872715 - 12/01/13 04:36 PM Re: Boeing contract.... [Re: Salman]
gvbest Offline
Repeat Spawner

Loc: Silverdale, WA
What do you think when Boeing doesn't want to agree to the contract the workers want? They don't work.

Soon that won't matter, when they move to another state and those workers that wouldn't agree to work will see how the unemployed survive.

#872717 - 12/01/13 04:46 PM Re: Boeing contract.... [Re: gvbest]
JTD Offline
River Nutrients

If that happens there will be a few extra $40,000 trucks on Craigslist.

But no one will have the last laugh... There won't be one.

#872842 - 12/02/13 02:51 PM Re: Boeing contract.... [Re: JTD]
Misguided Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: SWWA
"That is our CEO. If he were to retire today he would collect over $260,000 per month from his pension!!! Yet they want to freeze our pensions and make it so it takes over 20 years for all new hires to max out on the pay scale!!!?"

If you cry about what another coworker in your company makes then you don't have the stones to better yourself. Also, you are biting the hand that feeds you. Read about the Hostess union...
Unions were once needed for worker safety but are the major reason outsourcing has been so widely used by big corporations, remember that profit is the bottom line and if you interfere or cut into it, the workers will always suffer...

2nd Generation Army Veteran and Damn Proud of it.

Misguided was the name of my 1st drift boat, I am not to be associated with LAWLESSNESS!!!!

#872911 - 12/02/13 08:49 PM Re: Boeing contract.... [Re: Misguided]
Big_Daddy
Unregistered

Originally Posted By: Misguided
........If you cry about what another coworker in your company makes then you don't have the stones to better yourself. Also, you are biting the hand that feeds you. Read about the Hostess union...
Unions were once needed for worker safety but are the major reason outsourcing has been so widely used by big corporations, remember that profit is the bottom line and if you interfere or cut into it, the workers will always suffer...

Misguided in for the win...

Spot on commentary there.

#872912 - 12/02/13 08:52 PM Re: Boeing contract.... [Re: Misguided]
Salman Offline
Spawner

Originally Posted By: Misguided
"That is our CEO. If he were to retire today he would collect over $260,000 per month from his pension!!! Yet they want to freeze our pensions and make it so it takes over 20 years for all new hires to max out on the pay scale!!!?"

If you cry about what another coworker in your company makes then you don't have the stones to better yourself. Also, you are biting the hand that feeds you. Read about the Hostess union...

Profits are the bottom line and that is why big corporations outsource. Just because you buy cheaper labor doesn't make it better.

#873139 - 12/03/13 10:31 PM Re: Boeing contract.... [Re: ]
Salman Offline
Spawner

Haha and what do you think happened to the scabs?

#873142 - 12/03/13 10:40 PM Re: Boeing contract.... [Re: Salman]
Piper
Unregistered

Haha and what do you think happened to the scabs?

Upper management

Page 7 of 10 < 1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 >

Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
FISH'N BRASS, jomat, Rollo, Venga, Warlock49766
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
0 registered (), 788 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 27837
Dan S. 16958
Sol Duc 15727
The Moderator 13941
Salmo g. 13394
eyeFISH 12606
STRIKE ZONE 11969
Dogfish 10878
ParaLeaks 10363
Jerry Garcia 9013
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63786 Topics
645447 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |