THE PP OUTDOOR FORUMS

Kast Gear!

Power Pro Shimano Reels G Loomis Rods

Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#879704 - 01/11/14 01:34 PM Re: Grays Harbor Salmon Fishery meeting is tomorrow [Re: eyeFISH]
eyeFISH Offline
Ornamental Rice Bowl

Schmitten... Bemoaning complexity and constraints of GH...

Northern intercept takes nearly half... In years of low productivity there is not enough for escapement
Federal treaty rights to QIN take a bite
NT fishers competing over the last 5%

"If you don't kill them, they will spawn." (Carcassman)

The Keen Eye MD
Long Live the Kings!

#879707 - 01/11/14 01:48 PM Re: Grays Harbor Salmon Fishery meeting is tomorrow [Re: eyeFISH]
eyeFISH Offline
Ornamental Rice Bowl

1) strengthen conservation... Seperate mgt of hump/Chehalis for chinook and coho... Work on getting tribe to come along with segregation of sub-basins

2) precautionary measures likely to reduce fishing opportunity... Annual fishery review for meeting conservation ... 3 out of 5 rule... Any stock not consistently meeting escapement subject to 5% impact, closure of GH control zone

3) three day/wk escapement window from comm fishing

4) prioritize chinook as RECREATIONAL

5) refine sharing to reduce comm impacts to 0.8% Che chinook 1.2% hump

The Keen Eye MD
Long Live the Kings!

#879708 - 01/11/14 01:49 PM Re: Grays Harbor Salmon Fishery meeting is tomorrow [Re: eyeFISH]
eyeFISH Offline
Ornamental Rice Bowl

Cautioned re adjustments to WB to stabilize GH as noted above.

The Keen Eye MD
Long Live the Kings!

#879709 - 01/11/14 01:58 PM Re: Grays Harbor Salmon Fishery meeting is tomorrow [Re: eyeFISH]
Eric Offline
River Nutrients

THANK YOU for the updates Doc!!

thumbs

#879712 - 01/11/14 02:05 PM Re: Grays Harbor Salmon Fishery meeting is tomorrow [Re: eyeFISH]
eyeFISH Offline
Ornamental Rice Bowl

PA: One year policy? Total revisit next year?

Mahnken: multi-year policy with annual review
Carpenter and Kehoe agree

The Keen Eye MD
Long Live the Kings!

#879713 - 01/11/14 02:07 PM Re: Grays Harbor Salmon Fishery meeting is tomorrow [Re: eyeFISH]
eyeFISH Offline
Ornamental Rice Bowl

Vote on 5 recommendations now

Edited by eyeFISH (01/11/14 02:07 PM)

The Keen Eye MD
Long Live the Kings!

#879715 - 01/11/14 02:08 PM Re: Grays Harbor Salmon Fishery meeting is tomorrow [Re: eyeFISH]
eyeFISH Offline
Ornamental Rice Bowl

Motion ... Second... Unanimous yea

The Keen Eye MD
Long Live the Kings!

#879719 - 01/11/14 02:22 PM Re: Grays Harbor Salmon Fishery meeting is tomorrow [Re: eyeFISH]
Dogfish Offline
Poodle Smolt

Loc: McCleary, WA
I'll post videos as they upload. Got most of our guys and the commission recommendations.

They call me POODLE SMOLT!

The Discover Pass is brought to you by your friends at the CCA.

#879722 - 01/11/14 02:30 PM Re: Grays Harbor Salmon Fishery meeting is tomorrow [Re: Dogfish]
Dogfish Offline
Poodle Smolt

Salmo G

#879723 - 01/11/14 02:30 PM Re: Grays Harbor Salmon Fishery meeting is tomorrow [Re: Dogfish]
FinChaser Offline
Fry

Loc: Wasilla, AK / Bellevue, WA
Awesome updates, thanks Doc! And thank you to all you guys and gals there making a difference! We all appreciate it.

#879724 - 01/11/14 02:32 PM Re: Grays Harbor Salmon Fishery meeting is tomorrow [Re: Dogfish]
Dogfish Offline
Poodle Smolt

Fly

#879725 - 01/11/14 02:33 PM Re: Grays Harbor Salmon Fishery meeting is tomorrow [Re: Dogfish]
Dogfish Offline
Poodle Smolt

Eye fish.

#879726 - 01/11/14 02:36 PM Re: Grays Harbor Salmon Fishery meeting is tomorrow [Re: Dogfish]
Dogfish Offline
Poodle Smolt

Dinglin

#879727 - 01/11/14 02:39 PM Re: Grays Harbor Salmon Fishery meeting is tomorrow [Re: Dogfish]
Dogfish Offline
Poodle Smolt

Commission.

#879732 - 01/11/14 03:30 PM Re: Grays Harbor Salmon Fishery meeting is tomorrow [Re: Dogfish]
Phoenix77 Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Kent, WA
Thank you, Sir.

If you must burn our flag, Please! wrap yourself in it.
Puget Sound Anglers, So. King Co.
CCA SeaTac Chapter

I love my country but fear my government

#879742 - 01/11/14 04:09 PM Re: Grays Harbor Salmon Fishery meeting is tomorrow [Re: Phoenix77]
Misguided Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: SWWA
This what I needed (text and video) so I can use my headphones and closed caption to understand what the hell was being said, I did go to remind my self why I won't be going again. Can you imagine trying to listen to speakers & only hear Charlie Browns teacher? That's what I hear 90% of the time...
I hope you guys that gave me [Bleeeeep!] for not want to go can suck sour grapes, cause you all have no idea what is going on...

Thanks so much to all who were kind enough to help others with updates (Doc) and video (Andy), you made my day!!!

On, and that skinny gillnetter I sat next to had the worst breath, I had to move

Edited by Misguided (01/11/14 04:13 PM)

2nd Generation Army Veteran and Damn Proud of it.

Misguided was the name of my 1st drift boat, I am not to be associated with LAWLESSNESS!!!!

#879747 - 01/11/14 04:58 PM Re: Grays Harbor Salmon Fishery meeting is tomorrow [Re: eyeFISH]
eyeFISH Offline
Ornamental Rice Bowl

Originally Posted By: eyeFISH

2) precautionary measures likely to reduce fishing opportunity... Annual fishery review for meeting conservation ... 3 out of 5 rule... Any stock not consistently meeting escapement subject to 5% impact, closure of GH control zone

5) refine sharing to reduce comm impacts to 0.8% Che chinook 1.2% hump

These will almost certainly have immediate implications for chinook next season. Everyone should be prepared for little or no chinook-directed fisheries.

The immediate past 5 Chehalis escapements from 2008 forward fell short of goal 4 times.

The Hump goal was met 4 out of 5 times in the same period… but the commission recommendation specifically states escapement of NATURAL ORIGIN spawners, and that is not how the escapement has been reported. So it could affect the Hump.

Fisheries SHALL be managed for a 5% impact on the NT side. Comm share of the state fishery shall be 2% and rec share will be 98%…. and those fish shall be used to gain access to harvestable coho.

The Keen Eye MD
Long Live the Kings!

#879748 - 01/11/14 05:07 PM Re: Grays Harbor Salmon Fishery meeting is tomorrow [Re: Misguided]
Rivrguy Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Somewhere on the planet,I hope
Will have a better look at Monday's Adviser meeting which the public can attend. If I recall correctly Wen is the Public meeting at Monte City Hall. Other than that time will tell on the outcome as based on the Directors actions other places he will try to fuzzy things up. The man is married to MSY!

For me the 4/3 commercial baseline giving the fish and the river three days net free is the critical hinge pin. Also the second line that was a future action " work shops " on mortality ect, watch this one as it is the second item on the " to do " at the start of RW's presentation. This will effect everyone one way or another as no one really has done a in depth review that can stand up to scrutiny.

Good day, good turn out, and good job to everyone that has pushed for reform.

#879749 - 01/11/14 05:18 PM Re: Grays Harbor Salmon Fishery meeting is tomorrow [Re: eyeFISH]
eyeFISH Offline
Ornamental Rice Bowl

Originally Posted By: eyeFISH

3) three day/wk escapement window from comm fishing

If this eventually passes in the final draft for implementation, it will be a MONUMENTAL and unprecedented win for conservation. It will create the most effective mechanism for ensuring upstream passage of fish into the tribs and inland communities of the Chehalis basin… reliably delivering fish to upriver recs and ultimately to the gravel.

Everyone on this board OWES a debt of gratitude to FISHINGTHECHEHALIS.NET for being the catalyst for change to bring the escapement window to the forefront of managing this basin.

Tip o' the hat to you Rivrguy… ya dun good, man…. ya dun good.

The Keen Eye MD
Long Live the Kings!

#879750 - 01/11/14 05:29 PM Re: Grays Harbor Salmon Fishery meeting is tomorrow [Re: eyeFISH]
fish4brains Offline
Dah Rivah Stinkah Pink Mastah

Loc: zipper
3 day escapement window from comm fishing means ALL comm fishing, right? Tribal?

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
Fish_Hunter14, George Montain, mochoman, RPetzold, Sparkey, steelheadfisher
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
2 registered (darth baiter, 1 invisible), 307 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 27837
Dan S. 16958
Sol Duc 15727
The Moderator 13941
Salmo g. 13394
eyeFISH 12606
STRIKE ZONE 11969
Dogfish 10878
ParaLeaks 10363
Jerry Garcia 9013
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63785 Topics
645440 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |