THE PP OUTDOOR FORUMS

Kast Gear!

Power Pro Shimano Reels G Loomis Rods

Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#883025 - 01/30/14 11:58 PM Re: NEW IMX RODS FROM G LOOMIS [Re: Loomis_Shimano_Rep]
Phil Maraude Offline
Fluffer

Loc: Port Angeles Wa.
Originally Posted By: Loomis_Shimano_Rep
Originally Posted By: Phil Maraude
still wont convince me to buy a loomis rod though. sorry to say.

If she can't convince you to buy another loomis....In all seriousness, though, why not?

the blanks are decent, the stuff on the blanks i find sub par. just being honest not trying to flame or anything.

throw some alps/forecast components on there then you might have something. just my opinion and as we all know fishermen vary in opinion drastically

i just feel that loomis once was the pinnacle of fishing rods and didnt progress as fast as a couple other companies and coasted on their once great name. now maybe the imx will be that lunge forward they need, i dont know.

http://wfoworms.com
http://www.rvrfshr.com
http://www.batsonenterprises.com/

#883041 - 01/31/14 12:57 AM Re: NEW IMX RODS FROM G LOOMIS [Re: Phil Maraude]
Free_Globbin Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Grays Harbor
What's the warranty on these rods? Is it $100 for the expedited service? If so, how many times do you get to use the expediter service?

#883700 - 02/03/14 12:42 PM Re: NEW IMX RODS FROM G LOOMIS [Re: Free_Globbin]
Nick Berto Offline
Juvenile at Sea

Loc: Monroe, WA
Fished these rods on Saturday, AMAZING!!!

Increased sensitivity, lighter, more ergonomic with handle especially foregrip, and the Fuji K-Frame guides are sick, no tip wrap at all!!!

Edited by Nick Berto (02/03/14 12:42 PM)

#883771 - 02/03/14 06:37 PM Re: NEW IMX RODS FROM G LOOMIS [Re: Nick Berto]
Moravec Offline

Loc: Snoqualmie WA/Cordova AK
Really looking forward to check out the new product line... my old school STR1143IMX is my all time favorite rod! Good luck getting everyone on board though... especially custom rod builders, Rainshadow or Fetha Styx prostaffers... or apparently Superfly lol. Aside from folks that have a vested interest in seeing this line not succeed, I think everyone is gonna go nuts when they see the lineup in person!

#883824 - 02/03/14 11:28 PM Re: NEW IMX RODS FROM G LOOMIS [Re: ]
Nor Cal Drifter Offline
Spawner

Loc: Sacramento, CA
Originally Posted By: 2MANY
unless they put a rod in my hand that equals what their non corporate mentality, competition is putting out.
unless you're referring to an independent custom rod builder, they're all "corporate mentality" these days. I place way more stock in the quality of the product and service after the sale. Loomis is an A+ on both. New lineup looks sweet.

Edited by Nor Cal Drifter (02/03/14 11:30 PM)

#883829 - 02/03/14 11:50 PM Re: NEW IMX RODS FROM G LOOMIS [Re: Nor Cal Drifter]
Daniel Offline
Smolt

What are the finished weights on these?

#883832 - 02/04/14 12:08 AM Re: NEW IMX RODS FROM G LOOMIS [Re: Daniel]
scrimps Offline
Parr

Loc: puget sound
got to wiggle one today and it felt pretty dang nice!!! cant wait and i repeat CANT WAIT(!!!) til they hit the stores and i can buy some!

even if i never hook a fish on one, ( this winters record supports it) i will enjoy just having the super light weight rod in my hand and extremely comfortable cork in my hand!

its been awhile since loomis introduced a new rod but if it aint broke dont fix it (til something much better came out, I.e. the new IMX!)

looking forward to replacing some older gl3 with the new IMX!!

Sand Scrimps!

#883853 - 02/04/14 10:46 AM Re: NEW IMX RODS FROM G LOOMIS [Re: scrimps]
Loomis_Shimano_Rep Offline
Fry

Thanks for the kind words! While we aren't the same company we were in the 80's and 90's, if we didn't adapt, we wouldn't be where we are today! Change isn't a bad thing, some are just resistant to it! As fat as components, I don't know anyone else using Fuji K guides on their rods, and the new Fuji reel seats are so awesome and comfortable! There will always be people that want small changes or specific rods and that's where a custom rod will shine. The response to these rods has been overwhelming from the people have picked them up, and especially those that have fished them! If you head down to Portland, stop by the Loomis booth, shake the new rods, and say hi!

#883860 - 02/04/14 11:44 AM Re: NEW IMX RODS FROM G LOOMIS [Re: Loomis_Shimano_Rep]
Daniel Offline
Smolt

Finished weight?

#883879 - 02/04/14 01:03 PM Re: NEW IMX RODS FROM G LOOMIS [Re: wntrrn]
Winterun Offline
Spawner

Loc: Tac/Puy
Joe - I've got an 1165 with your name on it for the rest of the winter run/springer season. [/quote]

Joe goes by Winterun. We get mixed up from time to time. However, if the offer stands the rod would be in good hands, fished a bunch, and returned in excellent condition.

Dave,
Edmonds, WA [/quote]

K-Dub,
Hey if you want Dave to have a crack at this rod please let him give it go!!! I know you'll have one for me in the fall to test drive!!! As I have many other variants to test drive this spring and summer!!!
Joe

Edited by Winterun (02/04/14 01:04 PM)

#883961 - 02/04/14 10:15 PM Re: NEW IMX RODS FROM G LOOMIS [Re: fishbadger]
Eric Offline
River Nutrients

Originally Posted By: fishbadger
Will these be offered in blanks?

fb

+1

How about it Loomis_Shimano_Rep?

#883963 - 02/04/14 10:25 PM Re: NEW IMX RODS FROM G LOOMIS [Re: Loomis_Shimano_Rep]
Salman Offline
Spawner

Originally Posted By: Loomis_Shimano_Rep
Thanks for the kind words! While we aren't the same company we were in the 80's and 90's, if we didn't adapt, we wouldn't be where we are today! Change isn't a bad thing, some are just resistant to it! As fat as components, I don't know anyone else using Fuji K guides on their rods, and the new Fuji reel seats are so awesome and comfortable! There will always be people that want small changes or specific rods and that's where a custom rod will shine. The response to these rods has been overwhelming from the people have picked them up, and especially those that have fished them! If you head down to Portland, stop by the Loomis booth, shake the new rods, and say hi!

Really? A rep who doesn't know another company has had K frame guides on their rods for like a year now (Lamiglas SI Series)? YGTBFKM

#883965 - 02/04/14 10:44 PM Re: NEW IMX RODS FROM G LOOMIS [Re: Salman]
Phil Maraude Offline
Fluffer

Loc: Port Angeles Wa.
rofl

http://wfoworms.com
http://www.rvrfshr.com
http://www.batsonenterprises.com/

#883976 - 02/04/14 11:31 PM Re: NEW IMX RODS FROM G LOOMIS [Re: Salman]
DrifterWA Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: East of Aberdeen, West of Mont...
Originally Posted By: Salman
[
Really? A rep who doesn't know another company has had K frame guides on their rods for like a year now (Lamiglas SI Series)? YGTBFKM

It's not like he works in another city or doesn't have a computer.....I mean really.......I'd want to know as much I could about a competitors product, so I could be a better salesperson but then maybe he's like the Denver broncos, thought they had a better product......mmmmm, we know what happened to that product.

"I thought growing older, would take longer"

#883977 - 02/04/14 11:33 PM Re: NEW IMX RODS FROM G LOOMIS [Re: Phil Maraude]
Bantam Offline
Skytucky Redneck

Talked to Rep. Boy on the phone this morning and he says they will NOT be offering blanks...YTF not? It wont be lucrative for the company...... Some of us fishermen out there like a rod built a certian way! Not a rod that looks all flashy and with logos that I dont want to look at evertime I pick the rod up.

#883980 - 02/05/14 12:09 AM Re: NEW IMX RODS FROM G LOOMIS [Re: Bantam]
bankbum Offline
Spawner

Not offering blanks to the public....or not offering every rod in both spinning AND casting....is flat out bad business

I use to be a Loomis fan boy. Owned around 20+ Loomis rods. And yet I can't count how many times I have switched to a different company for a rod and/or blank. Because Loomis did not offer it

Ultimately I switched to St Croix because they offered what I wanted. Now I build my own rods because Rainshadow offers exactly what I want in a blank.

#883983 - 02/05/14 12:57 AM Re: NEW IMX RODS FROM G LOOMIS [Re: bankbum]
GDF Offline
Parr

Loc: Monroe
I don't get how offering blanks would be good biz. Building rods is still a labor intensive operation and you lose control of the warranty process. Seems like leaving half the factory idle while you build blanks isn't a smart way to run things. We all know carbon isn't what makes these things so expensive. Loomis isn't some pole barn with 5 guys building blanks in an oven, it's a larger operation. A pretty legit deal if you ever take a tour FWIW.
The warranty side makes sense when you figure that they only honor the blank so a custom rod that comes to them has to be stripped. Pain in the ass for the builder and everyone else involved. Of course that is assuming the custom builder is still in the biz. Anybody hear from TH rods lately?

Serious question, anybody weigh factory rods against published weights lately? I haven't but I'm willing to guess they are a lot like drag setting complete bullsnot. Tell me about balance, action, and power.

Edited by GDF (02/05/14 12:59 AM)

#883984 - 02/05/14 01:06 AM Re: NEW IMX RODS FROM G LOOMIS [Re: GDF]
Salman Offline
Spawner

Originally Posted By: GDF
I don't get how offering blanks would be good biz. Building rods is still a labor intensive operation and you lose control of the warranty process. Seems like leaving half the factory idle while you build blanks isn't a smart way to run things. We all know carbon isn't what makes these things so expensive. Loomis isn't some pole barn with 5 guys building blanks in an oven, it's a larger operation. A pretty legit deal if you ever take a tour FWIW.
The warranty side makes sense when you figure that they only honor the blank so a custom rod that comes to them has to be stripped. Pain in the ass for the builder and everyone else involved. Of course that is assuming the custom builder is still in the biz. Anybody hear from TH rods lately?

Serious question, anybody weigh factory rods against published weights lately? I haven't but I'm willing to guess they are a lot like drag setting complete bullsnot. Tell me about balance, action, and power.

Published weight?

#883985 - 02/05/14 01:07 AM Re: NEW IMX RODS FROM G LOOMIS [Re: GDF]
Chum Man Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Yelmish
i don't see how loomis selling blanks would be "bad business sense", it seems to work for lamiglas, st. croix, and just about everyone else who does it. i'd be willing to bet the margin is higher on blanks, too(no labor involved in wrapping guides and fitting cork).

offer them with no warranty at a reasonable price and i'd buy a few. i hate graphite reel seats, and build mine with weibe type handles(which i can see loomis has discontinued on the IMX as well). just not big into factory rods much these days.

#883986 - 02/05/14 01:26 AM Re: NEW IMX RODS FROM G LOOMIS [Re: Chum Man]
Bantam Offline
Skytucky Redneck

Originally Posted By: Chum Man
i hate graphite reel seats, and build mine with weibe type handles(which i can see loomis has discontinued on the IMX as well). just not big into factory rods much these days.

Exactly what reel seats I use. A high modulus rod really does NOT need a blank thru handle or a sh!tty locking ring for $395. Until you offer blanks ill continue to use your competitors, and make a high quality rod for a fraction of the price.

Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
crappieking, steelheadpimpjuice
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1013 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14489
Salmo g. 13526
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63783 Topics
645421 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |