Three Rivers Marine

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#892970 - 04/24/14 09:31 PM Re: Fighting for our freedom? [Re: ]
Jet Offline
Parr

Originally Posted By: FishPrince
When you join the military you are not serving your country or fighting for freedom. To the contrary, you are losing your own freedoms as well as causing the loss of other people's freedoms. In the military, you lose all your rights and every freedom you've ever known. This starts right from boot camp, where you are treated like property, not like a human being, while you are turned into a killing machine. Joining the military is the only way to sell yourself into slavery in modern times.

You are serving an evil cabal that wants to enslave us all. The troops are risking their life and limb for corporate profits and global elites, not freedom. The troops give up their lives and freedom to sociopaths who only care about power and conquest, not you or your petty little freedoms. Plus once you've served your purpose like a good slave, veterans are usually treated like $h!t by the government, who no longer finds them useful.
Actually true, and I am a VFW

#892978 - 04/24/14 10:39 PM Re: Fighting for our freedom? [Re: Jason Beezuz]
Keta Offline
Repeat Spawner

Originally Posted By: Jason Beezy
Where were you guys when we invaded Iraq over 10 years ago?

Being labeled a Bush hater with no reason to hate. You just hated Bush because you were a hater and not only did you hate Bush for no reason you hate everything American and should move to Iran or Afghanistan or some place like that.

#892979 - 04/24/14 10:41 PM Re: Fighting for our freedom? [Re: Jet]
Us and Them Offline
Repeat Spawner

Loc: Seattle
Bs SG you flailed with any information you could find to back up your non fact but feeling based belief . No one to this day anywhere has put together a factual and vaerfisble case that the Saudi coerced the us into attacking Iraq . That case is still being worked based on developments in Syria. You and hour friends belived something just like everyone else and went out and sourced anything you could to back it up. You were wrong on the facts bug right on the out come out of chance. Just like your economic spin is sourced from zero hedge. Pretty weak to claim victory specifically lacking condemnation of the current occupant of the White House doubling down on everything bush did .

Edited by 43-8 (04/24/14 10:42 PM)

#893056 - 04/25/14 02:54 PM Re: Fighting for our freedom? [Re: Keta]
Illahee Offline
River Nutrients

Originally Posted By: Keta

Being labeled a Bush hater with no reason to hate. You just hated Bush because you were a hater and not only did you hate Bush for no reason you hate everything American and should move to Iran or Afghanistan or some place like that.

Wtf? There were plenty of reasons for hating Bush Jr.
How about the war on the environment?

#893085 - 04/25/14 05:20 PM Re: Fighting for our freedom? [Re: Illahee]
blackmouth Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: right place/wrong time
Originally Posted By: Illahee
How about the
war on the environment?

Are you a 'special' kind of liberal?

"So it goes." Kurt Vonnegut jr.

#893088 - 04/25/14 05:23 PM Re: Fighting for our freedom? [Re: Illahee]
Keta Offline
Repeat Spawner

Originally Posted By: Keta

How about the war on the environment?

Right you are. I was just saying where I was figuratively 10 years ago in regard to the Iraq war for oil.

#893093 - 04/25/14 05:46 PM Re: Fighting for our freedom? [Re: ]
big moby Offline
Carcass

Loc: varies
Once again you nailed it! now I just want to "nail" one of those...

#893107 - 04/25/14 06:06 PM Re: Fighting for our freedom? [Re: Keta]
Us and Them Offline
Repeat Spawner

It wasn't a war for oil then and it's still not a war for oil today. That fact proves that people that claim they were right about the Iraq war all a long were either toeing the party line or guessing. Most people guessed wrong and thought it was about Iraqi oil. It was about keeping the dollar as default currency for oil with out it our currency is worthless. Much much bigger than oil. Russia China and India right now are fighting to break that link.

#893117 - 04/25/14 06:22 PM Re: Fighting for our freedom? [Re: Us and Them]
Todd Offline
Dick Nipples

Loc: Seattle, Washington USA
An added bonus of the long, long list of lies used to justify The War on Terrah in Iraq extends far beyond keeping oil valued in US dollars around the world...it also was one of the greatest theft of trillions of US taxpayer dollars with the Military-Industrial Complex laundering the money thru the War on Terrah and transferring it directly into their pockets in history...probably THE biggest ever.

Fish on...

Todd

Team Flying Super Ditch Pickle

#893119 - 04/25/14 06:51 PM Re: Fighting for our freedom? [Re: Us and Them]
AP a.k.a. Kaiser D Offline
Hippie

Loc: B'ham
Originally Posted By: 43-8
Sorry Apkd I assumed you were man enough to take it if you were man enough to stick your nose in. Don't act like you knew all along . It took years for the truth about the saudi's involvement to come out and it's only been about a year since the story fully developed. You lined up on the party party line just like everyone else.

I always thought KK was speaking in hyperbole when saying you had your head stuffed so far up your ass that your windpipe and colon were one and the same. Apparently, I stand corrected.

#893120 - 04/25/14 07:05 PM Re: Fighting for our freedom? [Re: AP a.k.a. Kaiser D]
Us and Them Offline
Repeat Spawner

Apkd A guy that has to go on the internet and ask others how to plant an apple tree has zero credibility on any issue. Along with speaking volumes about his itelleigence it also proves that the hardest day he ever worked was probably deciding what stack of papers to push from on side of the desk to the other.

Too much of a conspiracy for me Todd. It went the route it did and people figured a way to take advantage as they always do. It was not the motivating factor. I think this is some what proven by Obama's actions to continue with the bush era policies or even double down on them in some aspects. The money printing proves a lot too. For a party that does not believe in "trickle down" it's been there whole economic strategy .

#893125 - 04/25/14 07:54 PM Re: Fighting for our freedom? [Re: Us and Them]
Keta Offline
Repeat Spawner

Not a war for oil? OK ...I guess for people like you I should sit here and spend my time running through all the factors,including keeping the dollar as default currency, that motivated the beneficiaries of that war. To say the last and biggest of the easy picking oil fields was not a big part of getting control of Iraq and as much of the surrounding oil rich area is ridiculous. Almost as ridiculous as thinking the core agenda of the moneyed elite in control of the "two parties" is any different.

Edited by Keta (04/25/14 07:58 PM)

#893126 - 04/25/14 08:07 PM Re: Fighting for our freedom? [Re: Keta]
Us and Them Offline
Repeat Spawner

Iraq is the biggest beneficiary. China is the second biggest beneficiary currently taking more than half the oil pumped. Iraq is sitting on the 5 largest fields as it builds infrastructure to pump the oil itself one day. The petro dollar benefits every American not just the wealthy . Iraq was a threat to the Saudis they needed an army to stop that threat. Iran is a threat to the Saudis they need an army to stop that threat that battle is being fought in Syria. The Russians are helping Syria the Saudis need help stopping the Russians . That battle is being fought in Ukraine. See the pattern ?

#893150 - 04/25/14 10:59 PM Re: Fighting for our freedom? [Re: Us and Them]
Keta Offline
Repeat Spawner

So Shell,BP and Exxon, corporations that would never be in Iraq if we didn't invade, are investing billions to pump oil for China . Ok I get it now. Americans have to be the biggest suckers ever for send our military to be killed and wounded not to mention spending ....,um borrowing, trillions of dollars so Iraq could sell oil to China. I could say the same for doing that for Exxon,BP and Shell too. Well..I guess it would be OK if gas prices went down to one dollar a gallon in the USA....Not.
I predict that when production gets ramped up Exxon,BP and Shell will be the biggest beneficiaries along with a bunch of other foreign corporations on a lesser scale.
It looks to me like the Russians are getting a little pissy about the US expanding it's control over countries too close to Russia. Imagine if Russia was invading Panama or some other close to the US countries. Would the US just sit back and hope for the best?

Wall Street Journal 4/21/2014:
Companies including BP BP.LN +0.85% PLC, Royal Dutch Shell RDSB.LN -0.29% PLC and ExxonMobil Corp. XOM +0.40% have invested billions of dollars to revive oil fields battered by decades of war, sanctions and neglect. But Iraq's government has been slow to modernize the infrastructure to move that oil from wells to tankers.

American and Iraqi engineers struggled to boost output amid the violent aftermath of the invasion and U.S. occupation. The industry's big break came in 2009. BP and China National Petroleum Corp. signed a 20-year deal to boost production at Rumaila, one of Iraq's biggest oil fields, in an early bidding round. A year later, the country awarded new contracts to revive and expand several other fields, including the giant Majnoon, which Shell and Malaysia's Petronas are developing jointly.

http://online.wsj.com/news/articles/SB10001424052702304734304579514310330071386?mg=reno64-wsj&url=http%3A%2F%2Fonline.wsj.com%2Farticle%2FSB10001424052702304734304579514310330071386.html

#893154 - 04/25/14 11:17 PM Re: Fighting for our freedom? [Re: Keta]
Todd Offline
Dick Nipples

Loc: Seattle, Washington USA
The military is just a goon squad for the Gubmint, and when we invaded Iraq "the Gubmint" and "Big Oil" were one and the same....and it doesn't matter where the oil goes so long as the money from it ends up in the Oil companies' coffers.

Wasn't all that oil supposed to make the war 'pay for itself'?

Fish on...

Todd

Team Flying Super Ditch Pickle

#893206 - 04/26/14 01:34 PM Re: Fighting for our freedom? [Re: Todd]
GutZ Offline
The Original Boat Ho

Loc: Bellevue
We certainly could do without the Military.

The Military has never done anything for us.

Sanctions should be enough to stop the Russian's from seizing the rest of Ukraine. I mean you see the way Putin jumps every time John Kerry, Joe Biden or Barack speaks.

#893207 - 04/26/14 01:46 PM Re: Fighting for our freedom? [Re: blackmouth]
Illahee Offline
River Nutrients

Originally Posted By: Rev. blackmouth
How about the
war on the environment?

Are you a 'special' kind of liberal?

Independent fishing environmentalist, or IFE.

#893215 - 04/26/14 06:28 PM Re: Fighting for our freedom? [Re: Illahee]
blackmouth Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: right place/wrong time
rofl

"So it goes." Kurt Vonnegut jr.

#893227 - 04/26/14 11:34 PM Re: Fighting for our freedom? [Re: blackmouth]
Steelheadman Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Poulsbo, WA,USA
Sorry to enter the jerkfest so late.

What about taking the fight to our enemies >

#893230 - 04/27/14 12:26 AM Re: Fighting for our freedom? [Re: Steelheadman]
Illahee Offline
River Nutrients

Originally Posted By: Steelheadman
Sorry to enter the jerkfest so late.

What about taking the fight to our enemies >

Where sport fishing management is concerned, we have met the enemy and they is us.

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
Cam, FisherJoe, Gettin-It-Wet, Krijack, Steelheadstalker
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1407 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13523
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63779 Topics
645378 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |