Three Rivers Marine

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#893231 - 04/27/14 12:26 AM Re: Fighting for our freedom? [Re: Steelheadman]
NickD90 Offline
Shooting Instructor for hire

Loc: Snohomish, WA
The Bleeding Hearts will say that taking the fight to our enemies only resulted in creating a bunch more little enemies. There is a little bit o' truth to that, which is why I prefer nukes. I would have solved the "terrorist problem" 48 hours after 9/11 and saved us trillions. Go big or go home. This is why I'm not the Commander and Chief. Not because I would nuke the SH!T outta people, but because I would have saved us Trillions (and thus NOT enriching the Military Industrial Complex).

There's a lot of mis-placed Military hate in this thread, which is puzzling & disconcerting because EVERY. SINGLE. LAST. THING. in your modern, comfy 1st World American life was provided to you in some manner or another from our past & present men and women in uniform.

Way to sleep under the blanket and then question the manner in which it was provided. applause

So if YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH, I heard Canada & France are accepting applications.

Edited by NickD90 (04/27/14 03:00 AM)

#893234 - 04/27/14 01:29 AM Re: Fighting for our freedom? [Re: ]
NickD90 Offline

As an Independent myself, no side is to blame. We're all to blame. We keep electing chitty poli-hacks. It's not the soldiers...it's DC and it's all the same coin. We've had a really long run of chitty politicians on both sides of the aisle, so here we find ourselves. So as a start, stop electing chitty politicians!

I do believe we are extremely spoiled as an American population as a whole and that's why we fight over arranging deck chairs. Our poor are the world's richest. That's doesn't mean don't help the poor....that means stop and think about what that means. It means YOU are in the top 5% richest people on all of earth. YOU! You may not feel like it, but brother...you are. The 99% drove to their little protests in a Prius; filmed their panty wads on their I-phones while wearing North Face jackets, Abercrombie skinny jeans while sipping their Starbucks. DYK that Starbucks foam makes an excellent curly, ironic mustache wax in a pinch? Huh. Lamps...the entire lot of em'.

If you don't like the system that got you here, move to Russia or China. Have any of you arseholes ever spent any real time in the real China like I have? If not, STFU and enjoy the hell outta what little you feel like you have everyday. You have it so good you can't even comprehend.

In this country, our freedom as provided by our military throughout our entire history, has allowed for pursuit of free thought. Since day one. The only place on earth like it. Look at what we have developed since 1776 and then look at the entire rest of the world. The last thing the middle east gave us was the abacus. Our soldiers are responsible for that free pursuit of thought. I suggest lots of folks start using it, lest the Soldiers gift that so often goes unappreciated, goes to waste.

If you can't see that...get off your government / military R&D funded and developed computer and internet and go live in a hut.

Edit: My PC just spit a bunch of game tickets out at me. Did I just WIN the interwebz?

Edited by NickD90 (04/27/14 03:01 AM)

#893236 - 04/27/14 01:40 AM Re: Fighting for our freedom? [Re: NickD90]
Illahee Offline
River Nutrients

As long as corporations are people and money is free speech, we are all fuked.

#893237 - 04/27/14 01:58 AM Re: Fighting for our freedom? [Re: Illahee]
NickD90 Offline

No - you are not fuked. You have free thought and you can vote. Those above principles are not set in stone and can be changed with the political winds. That's another great thing about 'Merica. You can change it. Go attempt that in North Korea or even Great Britain.

BTW - I don't agree with Corps as people. However, money IS free speech as protected by the 1st and as it should be. It is my inalienable right to give my own money to causes that speak to me. Just as you can. It just sucks for us poor folks huh? So go invent something, get rich and level the playing field. Again, this is America and you are ALLOWED to do that. Your odds are supremely better here than anywhere else on the planet.

I know what I'm saying may sound trite and may sound naďve and is "out of reach" for many of us...but its not.

Edited by NickD90 (04/27/14 02:17 AM)

#893248 - 04/27/14 09:50 AM Re: Fighting for our freedom? [Re: NickD90]
Kinetic Kwik Offline
Spawner

Loc: sum x wet,sum x dry WA 4 Life

#893260 - 04/27/14 01:27 PM Re: Fighting for our freedom? [Re: ]
Direct-Drive Offline
ExtenZe Field Tester

Loc: Vancouver, WA
FP brings out the heavy weapons.

smile

#893266 - 04/27/14 03:07 PM Re: Fighting for our freedom? [Re: ]
Kinetic Kwik Offline
Spawner

#893292 - 04/27/14 08:41 PM Re: Fighting for our freedom? [Re: ]
Driftin' Offline
Three Time Spawner

Loc: Offshore
48 hours? How 'bout now??

Inquiring minds.... wink

#893295 - 04/27/14 09:09 PM Re: Fighting for our freedom? [Re: ]
NickD90 Offline

I knew my posts would bring FP outta hiding! smile
I like to play devil’s advocate and I like to put it out there just to get the convo going. Mixing it up is a healthy, good thing.

My point, which was obviously missed is ...our freedoms as provided by military allowed us the free thought required to invent everything off that entire list. Not that the military actually invented those items (or many others), but they gave us the catalyst and protection to pursue our dreams & passions.

As far as Soldiers or Cops, I believe there is a HUGE distinction & difference. The Modus Operandi, charter and structural set-up for each system are entirely different. Their sworn duties are entirely different. Soldiers are there for our enemies. To our modern cops, we are the enemy.

I do agree that many ex-Military do find their way into LE and that can be problematic once the Blue Wall group think kicks into play. A lot of ex-military miss the "action" and in an absence of said "action, re-create it on our streets. The military is not a union. LE is and that's entire basis for corruption. Sheriffs are the only elected LE's. All other factions of LE serve as political appointments. You can get yourself hanged in the Military. When was the last time you even heard of a Cop getting outright fired or put on leave without pay - even after killing citizens & lying about it? Exactly.

As far nukes - that's another post for later.

EDIT: BTW - very nice use of NWA. smile

Edited by NickD90 (04/27/14 09:14 PM)

#893299 - 04/27/14 09:29 PM Re: Fighting for our freedom? [Re: ]
Direct-Drive Offline
ExtenZe Field Tester

Loc: Vancouver, WA
But they make those Sonex 28L stock pots for Mini WSM's.
Maybe just nuke the Kyber Pass area.

smile

#893306 - 04/27/14 10:53 PM Re: Fighting for our freedom? [Re: Direct-Drive]
NickD90 Offline

rofl

#893321 - 04/28/14 11:17 AM Re: Fighting for our freedom? [Re: ]
Kinetic Kwik Offline
Spawner

#893338 - 04/28/14 01:59 PM Re: Fighting for our freedom? [Re: ]
Kinetic Kwik Offline
Spawner

?

#893343 - 04/28/14 02:56 PM Re: Fighting for our freedom? [Re: ]
Kinetic Kwik Offline
Spawner

#893348 - 04/28/14 03:10 PM Re: Fighting for our freedom? [Re: Kinetic Kwik]
Jerry Garcia Offline

Loc: everett
China just needs to keep loaning us money and it will be a bloodless coup.

Growing old ain't for wimps
Lonnie Gane

#893360 - 04/28/14 04:18 PM Re: Fighting for our freedom? [Re: ]
Salmo g. Offline
River Nutrients

What a perfect thread! Just made for an FP tirade, which is so entertaining because I can agree and disagree with him all in one thread; maybe even in one post. And the 2Many invasion, combining the best of sex and war, . . . I should be home opening a cool one.

#893379 - 04/28/14 05:48 PM Re: Fighting for our freedom? [Re: ]
Dave Vedder Offline
Reverend Tarpones

Loc: West Duvall
I would fight for the girl in the boobie bottoms shot.

#893385 - 04/28/14 06:15 PM Re: Fighting for our freedom? [Re: Dave Vedder]
5 * General Evo Offline
Lord of the Chums

WTF is South CARONINA?

she should just take that shirt off and throw it away..

#893418 - 04/29/14 01:16 AM Re: Fighting for our freedom? [Re: 5 * General Evo]
NickD90 Offline

Thanks for the pics 2many and agree that there are no wars without poontang. "First you get the money, then you get the power, then you get the women". Or something like that...

I believe I made my earlier point in this thread. I'm not all America rah rah and we have our warts, but I do believe we have it best here so at least try to appreciate it and those that protect it.

So to answer my Nuke statement...you gotta hear me out on this one. Its a doozy.

I believe we had a VERY short window after 9/11 to do pretty much whatever we wanted. Even Russia would have stood down (pre-Putin power trip). The entire world was on our side and would have understood an aggressive response. So as such, I would have used small, low yield nukes in 3 - 4 strategic non-populated areas (Afghan, Paki wastelands...I'm not psycho) and filmed it. Sure a few goat herders would get vaporized, but lets not cry over a few spilt goat herders (name the movie reference for +10 man card points). Then break into a WW emergency Presidential broadcast immediately afterwards with film footage and demand that all terrorist sponsoring countries hand over dead or alive the top "Deck of Card" terrorists, including Bin Laden, to the American consulate within 72 hours for face annihilation. I'd like to include the House of Saud in this, but lets not get ahead of ourselves wink

Once nobody responds on the first demand (as expected), then lay waste to an Afganistan & Pakistan population center of choice (or three...you know...for "test purposes and science"). Wash, rinse, repeat until hair is silky smooth. Collect terrorists and conclude the war within a month (as expected). As proven, terrorists only respect and respond to extreme force and strength. So call their bluff in the ultimate way. You don't pull a gun unless you expect to use it to its maximum effect. All we did in Iraq and Afghanistan (and Nam) was show our gun and look where it's got us.

Believe it or not, this saves lives and prevents long drawn out wars. As horrific as it was, Truman was right. Millions upon millions of Americans and Japanese would have died if we didn't drop Fat Man and Little Boy and instead choose a land invasion (yeah...good luck with that). Not to mention that it would have probably taken years and years while slowly bankrupting us (sound familiar?).

War was not meant to ever be televised. Nam taught us this. In the first gulf war, reporters and cameras were already on the beach filming our special forces landing for cripes sake! Dresden could never occur today. We are too handicapped by the modern media to do what needs to be done. So go old testament and televise a nuke. War = over.

But alas and to my original point, this doesn't enrich the MIC - so its a non starter. Rest assured Bush wanted to nuke, but Cheney (Halliburton) talked him out of it. They're all puppets looking to get rich.

And now as result, we have leftover surplus military MRAPS on our streets plus trillions more debt. 'Merica fvck yeah! thumbs

That should get things going around here.... moose

Edited by NickD90 (04/29/14 01:43 AM)

#893448 - 04/29/14 01:07 PM Re: Fighting for our freedom? [Re: NickD90]
FleaFlickr02 Offline
River Nutrients

Nukes were an effective tool when we dropped them on Japan, and they probably did save a lot of soldiers' lives (at the minor cost of a couple hundred thousand Japanese civilians who had nothing to do with any of Japan's transgressions against us).

Nowadays, everyone's got 'em, and that's why nukes will never be used again. Payback would be a bitch, to say the least.

Like FP said, there is no real threat to our borders from foreign attack. Our military is kept excessively strong because it employs a lot of people and keeps the "freedom of speech" flowing to the defense contractors.

If the military were fighting for our freedom, they would be storming Capitol Hill.

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
Cam, FisherJoe, Gettin-It-Wet, Krijack, Steelheadstalker
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1444 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13523
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63779 Topics
645378 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |