LURECHARGE!

THE PP OUTDOOR FORUMS

Kast Gear!

Power Pro Shimano Reels G Loomis Rods

Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#896180 - 05/28/14 07:35 PM Albacorkanee?!? (pics added)
Winterun Offline
Spawner

Loc: Tac/Puy
Well, I had the great pleasure of having Todd and Parker come down this past weekend to try and catch a few kokanee on American Lk where I've been hanging out this spring.
The fishing....well it was fishing that day, and we had a some willing biter's but not like the carnage that was going on in past days. I guess you can't catch them all. But..... it was great to catch up with these two to see how life's been shaking since we last fished together. Oh and Doc, I'm apologizing now for what ever these two do in your boat this fall as they jumped on every bite at "first bounce" on the downrigger. I know you've been trying to teach us "don't even touch that rod until she bounce's 3 time's"!!!
We did have some issue's at the net, I won't mention any names, and we did catch alot of trout, nice trout that day more than I've caught all season. But they did mention that were trout/steelhead magnets so it was a given.
But we did catch some nice kokanee, and they were impressed at the size of these landlocked sockeye. So since we talked about various species of fish they all 3 of has caught throughout the day, and the nicknames we've given to the big one's we've lost. Like, Ike, Ol' Ironside's and Moss Back or was it Mossy Back. They came up with nickname "Albacokanee" for these drag peeling, jumping, thick necked koke's!!!
I had fun guys, let's do it again sometime, I'll call you!!!
No seriously,
Joe
(I'll add a couple of pics later)
Here's the guys contemplating whether or not what's the best beer to have with kokanee, and Parker with the grip and grin of the big fish of the day!!!

Attachments
IMG_20140524_104620_099.jpg

IMG_20140524_161057.jpg

Edited by Winterun (05/29/14 01:08 PM)

#896182 - 05/28/14 07:55 PM Re: Albacorkanee?!? [Re: Winterun]
Todd Offline
Dick Nipples

Loc: Seattle, Washington USA
smile

Fun times, Joe...thanks a lot for the ride.

The smallest kokanee we caught was one of the biggest kokanee I've ever caught...these things were piggy-like!

Plus...they were awesome to eat, BBQd with just enough melted butter to keep the little bit of salt and pepper from falling off.

The Boss has instructed me to go fishing with you again soon to catch more smile

Fish on...

Todd

Team Flying Super Ditch Pickle

#896248 - 05/29/14 06:09 PM Re: Albacorkanee?!? [Re: Todd]
Achewter Offline

Loc: N of Seattle
Thread should be taken down and banned to hell for the use of antichrist rod holders. I'm tellin Doc! you 3 should all be ashamed ...
There will be a bottle fine for this !!!

Nice Kokes though

#896249 - 05/29/14 07:53 PM Re: Albacorkanee?!? [Re: Achewter]
STRIKE ZONE Offline
GOOD LUCK

Loc: Hobart,Wa U.S.A
Nice koke's.Good luck,

SZ

#896253 - 05/29/14 09:30 PM Re: Albacorkanee?!? [Re: Achewter]
The Moderator Offline
The Chosen One

Loc: Tuleville
Originally Posted By: Achewter

I'm pretty sure every member of The Dream Team should be fined a bottle. If anything else, Doc's "bar" could use the refill - especially when we all invade this fall.

"AHFMD! Oh don't worry, it's dead."

#896261 - 05/29/14 11:05 PM Re: Albacorkanee?!? [Re: The Moderator]
cobble cruiser Offline
~B-F-D~

"Oh and Doc, I'm apologizing now for what ever these two do in your boat this fall as they jumped on every bite at "first bounce" on the downrigger. I know you've been trying to teach us "don't even touch that rod until she bounce's 3 time's"!!!"

Like puppies fighting over a nipple... wink

#896263 - 05/29/14 11:16 PM Re: Albacorkanee?!? [Re: The Moderator]
5 * General Evo Offline
Lord of the Chums

we were right behind you guys that day, while you were talking to Duane and Bill...

you almost unmasked my identity Parker, but like bigfoot, im an elusive little sh!t wink

(we didnt get anything that day, we had to cut it short, was mainly a rigger/rod test for my buddy)

#896284 - 05/30/14 11:52 AM Re: Albacorkanee?!? [Re: Achewter]
Winterun Offline
Spawner

Originally Posted By: Achewter
Thread should be taken down and banned to hell for the use of antichrist rod holders. I'm tellin Doc! you 3 should all be ashamed ...

Nice Kokes though

The guys said you would give me some crap!!! I accept my bottle fine!!! wink

Evo, which boat were you in anyway, there weren't too many folks left on the water when we called it a day.

Danny, your going to have to come down and catch a few koke's before you get into the summer season. That's of course if you want to catch chromer's less the 42"!!! You know you can jump aboard anytime!!!

Thanks Bernie!!!

See you guys on the water,
Winterun

Edited by Winterun (05/30/14 11:53 AM)

#896342 - 05/31/14 12:11 AM Re: Albacorkanee?!? [Re: Winterun]
5 * General Evo Offline
Lord of the Chums

we were in the 14 foot Livingston, about 30 yards behind you when you guys took off to the launch...

at first, i saw Todd with that hat he was wearing, and thought he was Mike Carey, and i was like meh, then i heard Duane say "later Ripley", and just as i was about to say YO TODD, you guys put the screws to it and took off to the launch...

maybe next time wink

#896343 - 05/31/14 12:30 AM Re: Albacorkanee?!? [Re: 5 * General Evo]
cruzn99 Offline
Returning Adult

Originally Posted By: Evo
we were in the 14 foot Livingston, about 30 yards behind you when you guys took off to the launch...

at first, i saw Todd with that hat he was wearing, and thought he was Mike Carey, and i was like meh, then i heard Duane say "later Ripley", and just as i was about to say YO TODD, you guys put the screws to it and took off to the launch...

maybe next time wink

notice that they don't care even after 24 hours and two posts.

btw nice going! nice thick kokes.

everhook

#896344 - 05/31/14 12:32 AM Re: Albacorkanee?!? [Re: cruzn99]
cruzn99 Offline
Returning Adult

winter run was nice enough to ask.

everhook

#896417 - 06/01/14 09:19 PM Re: Albacorkanee?!? [Re: cruzn99]
Winterun Offline
Spawner

Evo! Most of the time I fish by myself. It just worked out the guys came down to fish with me. Parker has his kids usually so it was a great time to just hang with the fellas mostly, and Todd well Todds like me we work in the fishing industry so we fish as much as we can and if we do it with friends and do some catching up at same time the better. So you should have gave us a shout!!! Its cool to me folks on the board. How do you think I met these 2 dudes!!! They were fishing in my spot!!! Not really but kinda!!! Let's just say we can blame the Doc for that!!!
Next time out on the lake if you an Asian fishing by himself with his dog in a Smokercraft say hey bro!!! But didn't I just see you and a buddy Saturday morning on the lake?!?!

Cruzn99, been busy with life! As my Ret Sgt Maj says life gets in the way! But I like to catch up when I get a chance. It just took me 25hrs and 2 no 3 post to do it!!! I think thats why my post count isn't as high as the regulars with the same born on date.

Take it easy fellas, I'm sure well cross pathes again
Winterun

Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
landcruiserwilly, Tom Trune
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
1 registered (1 invisible), 1016 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13523
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63778 Topics
645372 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |