THE PP OUTDOOR FORUMS

Kast Gear!

Power Pro Shimano Reels G Loomis Rods

Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#896371 - 05/31/14 03:32 PM Re: Time for Summer runs...but in the meantime... [Re: Smalma]
Todd Offline
Dick Nipples

Loc: Seattle, Washington USA
Nick sent over a few more pics from Thursday, here are a few notable ones...

We caught a lot just like this one:

Sometimes two at a time smile

I forgot how much fun it is to drive a boat that's flat on top, 20 inches tall, and goes nearly 75 mph smile

Team RvrPklr!

Fish on...

Todd

Team Flying Super Ditch Pickle

#896459 - 06/02/14 01:57 PM Re: Time for Summer runs...but in the meantime... [Re: Todd]
No More Ice Fishin Offline
Returning Adult

How did you all do out there yesterday?

I found it a bit of a challenge finding enough elbow room to throw a spoon, but it was fun getting out there. Only hooked up once - a big buck that jumped three times and burned my thumb - and finally spit the double-stacked Todd special.

Looking forward to a weekday session in the near future.

#896460 - 06/02/14 02:09 PM Re: Time for Summer runs...but in the meantime... [Re: No More Ice Fishin]
Todd Offline
Dick Nipples

Our loose group of guys hooked ten or twelve. My standard opening day effort (50 casts) provided me with zero hookups wink

Fish on...

Todd

#896465 - 06/02/14 03:48 PM Re: Time for Summer runs...but in the meantime... [Re: Todd]
fishtale Offline
Spawner

Loc: Kng
Great Post Todd the picture of the trap in the creek brings back old times. I grew up fishing it and I even caught a number of steelhead in
it. Right where the trap is now was our stash spot to keep our kegs of beer cold for the keggers we we had

#896467 - 06/02/14 04:29 PM Re: Time for Summer runs...but in the meantime... [Re: fishtale]
STRIKE ZONE Offline
GOOD LUCK

Loc: Hobart,Wa U.S.A
Cool stuff. Fun times. Good luck,

SZ

#896487 - 06/02/14 09:15 PM Re: Time for Summer runs...but in the meantime... [Re: STRIKE ZONE]
Salmo g. Online   content
River Nutrients

Really, I'm not embarrassed. I just forgot to use sunscreen and got a scooshe too much sun on my face and neck. One of those O'dark-thirty types was in the first run we went to, so crossed the river to fish the consolation water. I was consoled on my third cast, just as I worked out 8 strips of running line, when I got a solid whack. Two runs - into the backing no less - and four jumps later I landed a bright little six pound hen. I'm really glad for consolation, because that was the only hit I got all day.

Sg

#896634 - 06/04/14 01:28 PM Re: Time for Summer runs...but in the meantime... [Re: Salmo g.]
Ikissmykiss Offline
Repeat Spawner

Loc: Snohomish County
Originally Posted By: Salmo g.
I'm really glad for consolation, because that was the only hit I got all day.

Congrats Salmo! Funny you should mention that...as we were all packed up and getting ready to leave on Sunday we got to witness a freak occurrence, the rarest of rares on the river. We heard a mighty "FISH ON!", and couldn't believe our eyes as we all turned to see a guy with an 18' rod that actually had a bend in it! Yep, I [Bleeeeep!] you not, a spey guy had hooked up with a real live steelhead! As amazed as we all were, the angler himself appeared to be twice as shocked as he was rendered speechless and immobile by the recent turn of events. We all cheered him on and congratulated him when he landed it. Great way to end the day.... wink

Ike

#896679 - 06/04/14 06:45 PM Re: Time for Summer runs...but in the meantime... [Re: Ikissmykiss]
Salmo g. Online   content
River Nutrients

Originally Posted By: Ikissmykiss

Congrats Salmo! Funny you should mention that...as we were all packed up and getting ready to leave on Sunday we got to witness a freak occurrence, the rarest of rares on the river. We heard a mighty "FISH ON!", and couldn't believe our eyes as we all turned to see a guy with an 18' rod that actually had a bend in it! Yep, I [Bleeeeep!] you not, a spey guy had hooked up with a real live steelhead! As amazed as we all were, the angler himself appeared to be twice as shocked as he was rendered speechless and immobile by the recent turn of events. We all cheered him on and congratulated him when he landed it. Great way to end the day.... wink

Ike

An optical illusion, no doubt. Any fool knows you can't catch steelhead on a fly rod. I myself have seen fly fishermen not catch steelhead, so I'm pretty sure I know what I'm talking about.

#897220 - 06/11/14 08:17 PM Re: Time for Summer runs...but in the meantime... [Re: ]
Todd Offline
Dick Nipples

A little shad to round out some spring fish...

Fish on...

Todd

#897337 - 06/12/14 08:25 PM Re: Time for Summer runs...but in the meantime... [Re: Ikissmykiss]
Salman Offline
Spawner

Originally Posted By: Ikissmykiss

Ike

LOL

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
dizzy fisherman
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
1 registered (Carcassman), 1237 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14489
Salmo g. 13526
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63783 Topics
645418 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |