Power Pro Shimano Reels G Loomis Rods

Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#934091 - 07/13/15 03:35 PM Global Warming
5 * General Evo Offline
Lord of the Chums

will be interesting what the pro-warming people have to say about this...

i mean they always use science and sh!t...

http://www.rawstory.com/2015/07/mini-ice-age-on-the-way-in-15-years-say-scientists/

#934130 - 07/13/15 10:36 PM Re: Global Warming [Re: ]
Steelheadman Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Poulsbo, WA,USA
Senator Inhofe debunked the global warming theory by bringing a snowball into the Senate. Probably the most split issue for Republicans. Moderate Repubs and Liberal Rupubs believe global warming will occur in their lifetime. Conservative Republicans are still in denial. I'm guessing Evo is a conservative Republican.

#934133 - 07/13/15 11:08 PM Re: Global Warming [Re: 5 * General Evo]
JTD Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Browns Point,Wa. USA
Because. The sun shines.

Attachments
image.jpg

In the legend of King Arthur, the Fisher King was a renowned angler whose errant ways caused him to be struck dumb in the presence of the sacred chalice. I am no great fisherman, and a steelhead is not the covenant of Christ, but with each of these fish I am rendered speechless.

#934137 - 07/14/15 01:49 AM Re: Global Warming [Re: JTD]
Sol Duc Offline
April Fool

Were at the start of an ice age....BOOK IT!

- Albert Einstein.

#934185 - 07/14/15 03:51 PM Re: Global Warming [Re: 5 * General Evo]
WDFW X 1 = 0 Offline
My Area code makes me cooler than you

SEATTLE (AP) - Washington Gov. Jay Inslee has gained national attention for rolling out some of the most ambitious climate initiatives in the country, signing pacts with other Western states and speaking at an international summit.

But during the legislative session that ended recently, Inslee failed in his own state to pass bold carbon-reduction proposals, including the centerpiece cap-and-trade plan to charge emissions from oil refineries, power plants and fuel suppliers.

The Democratic governor also conceded to a Republican provision that set back another climate initiative: He signed a $16.1 billion transportation package that prevents any state agency from implementing a low carbon fuel standard for eight years.

Inslee, who has made climate change a key issue since taking office in 2013, blamed the Senate Republican majority, saying the party "is now in the stranglehold of the oil and gas industry."

"I have proposed many, many proposals to reduce carbon pollution in the state," the governor told reporters Friday. "The state Senate has acted on no meaningful carbon pollution."

Sen. Doug Ericksen, R-Ferndale, who chairs the committee dealing with environment issues, said Inslee's "remark disparaging Senate Republicans is misplaced."

He noted that the Democrat-controlled House failed to pass the governor's climate plan out of its own chamber.

"Unfortunately, the legislative agenda he pursued is more geared toward a national or international landscape than one small state with a low-carbon emission footprint," Ericksen said.

The governor knew it would be difficult, but it didn't dissuade him from trying, Inslee spokesman David Postman said. "He isn't going to make it easy for lawmakers to avoid the discussion and debate," he said.

Mark Stephan, associate professor of political science at Washington State University Vancouver, said Inslee is looking at the bigger picture.

"Yes, it's ambitious today, but he's setting the bar for what's happening a year from now or two years from now," Stephan said.

But his challenge became much harder when Republicans took control of the Senate after last November's election. That's despite big money pouring in from California billionaire Tom Steyer's group to help a state environmental group unseat Republican senators.

"He put all his eggs into the election and when that failed, rather than change his policy, he double downed," said Todd Myers, environmental director at the Washington Policy Center. He called the cap-and-trade program the most bi-partisan and least popular one the governor could have pursued.

"I think he pretty much failed across the board," he said.

Inslee's cap-and-trade plan was the centerpiece of a broader carbon-reduction package this year. He pitched it as a way to raise more than $1 billion a year for schools and other programs.

Republicans and some businesses balked, saying it would hurt consumers and raise gas prices.

Kerry McHugh, spokeswoman for Washington Environmental Council, blamed the influence of the oil industry, which lobbied against a low carbon fuel standard. "This is a disappointing session for anyone who supports action on climate change," she said.

"It wasn't a great year for climate," agreed Rep. Joe Fitzgibbon, D-Burien, prime sponsor of Inslee cap-and trade bill. "You'll see us continue to work on climate policy until we get it right. We'll keep working on it."

Fitzgibbon said he believed the House had enough votes to pass the cap-and-trade bill. But it was clear the Senate wasn't going to consider it, he said, so they did not want to ask members to take that vote when there were other "heavy lifts" this session.

Lawmakers did extend a sales tax break for electric vehicles, approved $40 million for renewable energy technologies and funded a number of energy efficiency and climate-related research programs. But they didn't take action on bills related to solar incentives, zero emissions vehicles and coal-fired electricity.

Inslee said Friday that there are three ways forward: the makeup of the Senate must change, those in the Senate have "an epiphany and come to understand that climate denial is something that is not acceptable anymore," or for voters to go through the initiative process.

Postman said the governor isn't planning to back away from his goal to reduce carbon emission. In coming months, he'll work on setting the agenda for the next 12 to 18 months.

#934189 - 07/14/15 04:17 PM Re: Global Warming [Re: 5 * General Evo]
Us and Them Offline
Repeat Spawner

Loc: Seattle
Hard to find a bigger political cum stain than Inslee. Well John Kerry of course then there is John McCain. Sh!t all of them fit that description.

#934426 - 07/16/15 03:05 PM Re: Global Warming [Re: 5 * General Evo]
gooybob Offline
Spawner

Loc: Tacoma
Better do some more research. That story has already been discredited. It was knocked down by real scientists within days of its release.

#934563 - 07/16/15 11:57 PM Re: Global Warming [Re: ]
Steelheadman Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Poulsbo, WA,USA
Originally Posted By: Hankster
Originally Posted By: Steelheadman
I'm guessing Evo is a conservative Republican.

I'm guessing Steelheadman has his head buried so far up his ass he didn't bother to open the link and read the article.

In any case, I sure hope they get the global warming catastrophe figured out before the global cooling catastrophe starts up on us.

Eat this iceberg Frank!

Mini ice age not true

Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
BigRedHead, Gene, Milton Fisher, Selther, SpinyRayLover
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
0 registered (), 410 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13523
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63778 Topics
645372 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |