THE PP OUTDOOR FORUMS

Kast Gear!

Power Pro Shimano Reels G Loomis Rods

Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#935364 - 07/28/15 04:20 PM Re: What's your greatest sporting moment ever? [Re: The Moderator]
Bent Metal Offline
Carcass

Loc: Sky River(WA) Clearwater(Id)
Very cool stories fellas... Goes to show that you don't have to be a freak of nature to succeed at sports. Half the battle is having fun and enjoying it. Sounds like you guys aren't putting pressure on your kids to achieve certain goals like alot of parents do.

Like Twatskins, my baseball career ended as an epic failure too....but it was fun

#935418 - 07/29/15 07:35 AM Re: What's your greatest sporting moment ever? [Re: The Moderator]
WDFW X 1 = 0 Offline
My Area code makes me cooler than you

Great picture Steel.
Gotta have the Mako bat! smile
I bought my 8 year old a Mako last year for his final All-Star tournament as a way of rewarding him for all his hard work through the season.
The little fart got 3 MVPs that weekend!!!
(Yes that is bragging for those that aren't sure.)

Here is a cool sequence of him going down after one.
I'm soaking in the current year and looking forward to his future ones.

#935436 - 07/29/15 09:56 AM Re: What's your greatest sporting moment ever? [Re: The Moderator]
Jerry Garcia Offline

Loc: everett
What is he doing watching the ball and not pulling his head after he hit it?

Growing old ain't for wimps
Lonnie Gane

#935437 - 07/29/15 10:13 AM Re: What's your greatest sporting moment ever? [Re: The Moderator]
WDFW X 1 = 0 Offline

Probably thinking about fishing.

#935441 - 07/29/15 10:57 AM Re: What's your greatest sporting moment ever? [Re: Jerry Garcia]
Sol Duc Offline
April Fool

Originally Posted By: Jerry Garcia
What is he doing watching the ball and not pulling his head after he hit it?

I am sure the manures could use an extra hitting coach....just saying.

- Albert Einstein.

#935459 - 07/29/15 02:22 PM Re: What's your greatest sporting moment ever? [Re: WDFW X 1 = 0]
RobertF
Unregistered

He kept that back foot planted!

#935466 - 07/29/15 04:24 PM Re: What's your greatest sporting moment ever? [Re: ]
Sol Duc Offline
April Fool

He needs to choke up on that bat a bit. laugh

- Albert Einstein.

#935555 - 07/30/15 10:02 AM Re: What's your greatest sporting moment ever? [Re: The Moderator]
WDFW X 1 = 0 Offline

My son was watching the Seattle Seaman last night.

I LMAO when he pointed out that he could hit the ball further than many of the M's hits.

It would suck to work in downtown Seattle and have to deal with the traffic the Seaman followers bring to the Hood.

#935756 - 08/01/15 12:12 AM Re: What's your greatest sporting moment ever? [Re: The Moderator]
Lucky Louie Offline
Carcass

Some of these posts sure bring back memories, especially the baseball pictures. It is good to see parents taking advantage of being involved and supporting their children’s endeavors.

I began coaching my twin sons youth baseball teams when they were 13, 14, and 15 years old. The team went undefeated as 13 year olds and since they won the league title as 14 and 15 year olds that automatically made me coach of our league all-stars each year.

Even though there were many more accomplishments, I was most proud of all these all-stars because in the next few years, they continued to work together and as seniors in high school, their baseball team was ranked as high as #1 in the state and #8 in the country.

Yes, not only kids seem to grow up way too quick but time has a way of passing by way too quickly also.

No you can’t have my rights---I’m still using them

#935763 - 08/01/15 09:29 AM Re: What's your greatest sporting moment ever? [Re: The Moderator]
GoldDigger Offline
Returning Adult

My best "sporting" moment ever was nailing Bendover Jill and her sister Jan....independently, but only about an hour apart.

Nowadays, it takes me all night to do what I used to do all night!

#936098 - 08/05/15 01:58 PM Re: What's your greatest sporting moment ever? [Re: The Moderator]
Carcassman Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Olema,California,Planet Earth
I would guess my personal best was the '74 AAU National Cross Country Championships. Ran my best 10K on a beast of a course.

That was probably topped, though, when our daughter's club soccer team won State. Having gone through the tournament with 11 players. Note to non-soccer fans-there are 11 players on the field.

Best game seen live was college football game where UCD scored 16 points in the last 30 seconds to win the game 30-29. The league title was the first of an NCAA record 20 consecutive.

Runner-up to that game was probably watching John Wooden lose for the last time in his career at Hec Ed.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
TrollKing, wateronthebrain
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
1 registered (1 invisible), 975 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14489
Salmo g. 13526
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63783 Topics
645424 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |