THE PP OUTDOOR FORUMS

Kast Gear!

Power Pro Shimano Reels G Loomis Rods

Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Page 10 of 27 < 1 2 ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... 26 27 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#948857 - 01/26/16 07:55 PM Re: Armed Domestic Terrorists Take Over Bird Refuge *** [Re: Illahee]
eugene1 Offline
Spawner

Loc: out there...
Get out of Orygun!

Quote:
HARNEY COUNTY, Ore. — One person is dead and several others, including Oregon occupation leader Ammon Bundy, were detained following a confrontation with the FBI and state police Tuesday night.

It all began with a traffic stop while Bundy and some of his followers were en route to a community meeting in John Day, about 70 miles away.

Shots were fired after FBI agents, Oregon State troopers and other law enforcement agencies made the stop on US Highway 395.

Ammon Bundy, Ryan Bundy, Brian Cavalier, Shawna Cox and Ryan W. Payne were arrested during the stop. Joseph Donald O'Shaughnessy and Peter Santilli were arrested in Burns.

All of them are facing federal felony charges of conspiracy to impede officers of the United States from discharging their official duties, through the use of force, intimidation or threats.

One person, who was the subject of a federal probable cause arrest and has not yet been identified, died during the confrontation.

CNN is reporting it's unclear who fired first.

Federal law enforcement officers converged on the wildlife refuge after the arrests and were expected to remain at the site throughout the night. It was unclear how many members of the armed group, if any, were at the refuge when the law enforcement officers arrived.

The arrests come on the heels of the 24th day of the refuge occupation.

http://katu.com/news/local/leader-of-oregon-occupation-ammon-bundy-three-others-arrested

Edited by eugene1 (01/26/16 07:55 PM)

#948859 - 01/26/16 08:01 PM Re: Armed Domestic Terrorists Take Over Bird Refuge [Re: eugene1]
Illahee Offline
River Nutrients

Robert "LaVoy" Finicum, killed.

#948860 - 01/26/16 08:02 PM Re: Armed Domestic Terrorists Take Over Bird Refuge [Re: Illahee]
eugene1 Offline
Spawner

LaVoy Finicum — the Oregon militant beneath the blue tarp — killed in police shootout: reports

Quote:
LaVoy Finicum — the Oregon militant who gained fame for conducting a television interview from beneath a blue tarp — has reportedly been shot and killed by law enforcement officers.

The Arizona rancher, who was caring for 11 foster children with his wife, vowed at the start of the occupation of the Malheur National Wildlife Preserve that he was willing to die for his interpretation of the U.S. Constitution.

“I have been raised in the country all my life,” Finicum said in a widely viewed television interview with a rifle on his lap. “I love dearly to feel the wind on my face. To see the sun rise, to see the moon. I have no intention of spending any of my days in a concrete box.”

He was reportedly shot Tuesday evening during a shootout when law enforcement officers stopped a group of militants on their way to establish a shadow government in nearby Grant County.

http://www.rawstory.com/2016/01/lavoy-fi...ootout-reports/

#948863 - 01/26/16 08:18 PM Re: Armed Domestic Terrorists Take Over Bird Refuge [Re: Illahee]
NickD90 Offline
Shooting Instructor for hire

Loc: Snohomish, WA
This part got me....

"All of them are facing federal felony charges of conspiracy to impede officers of the United States from discharging their official duties, through the use of force, intimidation or threats".

Man...Lawyers think of everything. Fight the power! grin

#948886 - 01/27/16 06:33 AM Re: Armed Domestic Terrorists Take Over Bird Refuge [Re: Illahee]
RICH G
Unregistered

The patriots were unarmed, the guys arrested in town were independent news media. From everything heard the cops opened fire on unarmed men, I guess ABC HAS The entire confrontation recorded.

#948887 - 01/27/16 07:04 AM Re: Armed Domestic Terrorists Take Over Bird Refuge [Re: Illahee]
Dogfish Offline
Poodle Smolt

Loc: McCleary, WA
At least this time the FBI avoided shooting a woman holding her infant.

They call me POODLE SMOLT!

The Discover Pass is brought to you by your friends at the CCA.

#948888 - 01/27/16 07:13 AM Re: Armed Domestic Terrorists Take Over Bird Refuge [Re: Illahee]
WDFW X 1 = 0 Offline
My Area code makes me cooler than you

Another botched job by the government.

All they have done is prove themselves incompetent once again.

#948902 - 01/27/16 09:22 AM Re: Armed Domestic Terrorists Take Over Bird Refuge [Re: Illahee]
eugene1 Offline
Spawner

Most of those guys were members in some kind of Mormon sect. They had very large families, crazy they would risk leaving their kids fatherless instead of giving up their occupation of the refuge.

Quote:
Finicum was a Mormon rancher with 11 children, 19 grandchildren and a wife of 23 years. He told NBC News three weeks ago that he would rather die than be taken into custody as part of the occupation.

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/feds-intercepted-oregon-occupation-leaders-highway-n505126

#948904 - 01/27/16 09:25 AM Re: Armed Domestic Terrorists Take Over Bird Refuge [Re: WDFW X 1 = 0]
CedarR Offline
Repeat Spawner

Loc: Olympia, WA
Originally Posted By: WDFW X 1 = 0

All they have done is prove themselves incompetent once again.

One man's "botched job" is another man's "mission accomplished!"

On the positive side, only one life was lost in the taking of Malheur Refuge, and it wasn't LE. No women, children and birds were harmed. Blackbird lives matter...

#948908 - 01/27/16 09:47 AM Re: Armed Domestic Terrorists Take Over Bird Refuge [Re: Illahee]
WDFW X 1 = 0 Offline

LE got exactly what they wanted including discharging their weapons.

Clown Show.

#948909 - 01/27/16 09:48 AM Re: Armed Domestic Terrorists Take Over Bird Refuge [Re: Illahee]
WDFW X 1 = 0 Offline

"Those guys need serious mental health attention."

Do you think?

Obviously the FBI's answer to that is a lead pill.

#948913 - 01/27/16 10:14 AM Re: Armed Domestic Terrorists Take Over Bird Refuge [Re: Illahee]
Salmo g. Offline
River Nutrients

OK WDFW X 1=0,

Let's say the price of criticism is to tell us how the gov't. should have handled this situation better. What have you got?

#948917 - 01/27/16 10:45 AM Re: Armed Domestic Terrorists Take Over Bird Refuge [Re: Illahee]
Todd Offline
Dick Nipples

Loc: Seattle, Washington USA
I think they have done a great job so far...one loony toon shot is a pretty small price to pay for a building full of seditious criminals. It's up to said seditious criminals as to how many more welfare princesses catch it later today.

Fish on...

Todd

Team Flying Super Ditch Pickle

#948924 - 01/27/16 11:26 AM Re: Armed Domestic Terrorists Take Over Bird Refuge [Re: WDFW X 1 = 0]
Bent Metal Offline
Carcass

Loc: Sky River(WA) Clearwater(Id)
Originally Posted By: WDFW X 1 = 0

The Government....The Government......The Government.... rofl

Such a convenient way of encapsulating whatever doesn't fit ones idea of management. Most of the Gubmint is comprised of local citizens. So when people scream "the government" they are typically referring to local citizens, even family members....I think the Government is handling the situation just fine, I don't want to see any of my friends who are LEO'S put in harms way because of these idiots.

Lead pills can be hard to swallow

#948927 - 01/27/16 11:43 AM Re: Armed Domestic Terrorists Take Over Bird Refuge [Re: Todd]
Dogfish Offline
Poodle Smolt

Loc: McCleary, WA
Originally Posted By: Todd
I think they have done a great job so far...one loony toon shot is a pretty small price to pay for a building full of seditious criminals. It's up to said seditious criminals as to how many more welfare princesses catch it later today.

Fish on...

Todd

....and they also didn't shoot a boy and his dog. Bravo.

They call me POODLE SMOLT!

The Discover Pass is brought to you by your friends at the CCA.

#948929 - 01/27/16 11:57 AM Re: Armed Domestic Terrorists Take Over Bird Refuge [Re: Illahee]
WDFW X 1 = 0 Offline

Road block front and then back.
Stay way back out of harms way.
Communicate from afar.

Instead they escalated the situation and will claim they "had" to act immediately by shooting. I call BS.

Same concept as not escalating speeds during a high speed chase.

A day after the spokesperson for an armed militia occupying an Oregon wildlife refuge was shot and killed during a traffic stop, the county’s sheriff lamented “there doesn’t have to be bloodshed in our community” and said he was “disappointed” that the incident “ended badly.”

“We all make choices in life,” an emotional Harney County Sheriff Dave Ward said during a Wednesday news conference. “Sometimes our choices go bad.”

No Shhit Sheriff. Forcing the issue was a bad choice.

"The events surrounding Finicum’s death remain unclear, and officials did nothing to clarify the incident on Wednesday, taking no questions during the news conference."

Of course not. Wonder why???

#948930 - 01/27/16 12:10 PM Re: Armed Domestic Terrorists Take Over Bird Refuge [Re: Illahee]
Todd Offline
Dick Nipples

Loc: Seattle, Washington USA
Seditious criminal with gun...de-escalate.

Child with Snapple and Skittles, unarmed...stand your ground and fire away!

Fish on...

Todd

Team Flying Super Ditch Pickle

#948931 - 01/27/16 12:12 PM Re: Armed Domestic Terrorists Take Over Bird Refuge [Re: Illahee]
Jerry Garcia Offline

Loc: everett
Maybe the authorities are going over the video of the arrest frame by frame. I would find it hard to believe that there isn't video.

Growing old ain't for wimps
Lonnie Gane

#948932 - 01/27/16 12:15 PM Re: Armed Domestic Terrorists Take Over Bird Refuge [Re: Todd]
Illahee Offline
River Nutrients

Reports now say they tried to run around the roadblock and got stuck in the snow, Finicum jumped out with a gun.

#948933 - 01/27/16 12:15 PM Re: Armed Domestic Terrorists Take Over Bird Refuge [Re: Jerry Garcia]
fish4brains Offline
Dah Rivah Stinkah Pink Mastah

Loc: zipper
if you don't put yourself in stupid situations, stupid things don't happen. Occupying a wildlife refuge is pretty fukkin stupid. As Forrest Gump said, "stupid is as stupid does".

Page 10 of 27 < 1 2 ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... 26 27 >

Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
Cameron D., FlyingFish, NEfishLdo, shinnecock1
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
1 registered (1 invisible), 993 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14489
Salmo g. 13526
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63783 Topics
645421 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |