THE PP OUTDOOR FORUMS

Kast Gear!

Power Pro Shimano Reels G Loomis Rods

Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#975699 - 03/29/17 08:16 AM Re: Are you buying a 2017/18 license? [Re: BroodBuster]
D3Smartie Offline

Loc: Bainbridge Island WA
im buying. for about a $1 a day i can hunt and fish all over the state. As far as entertainment goes, it is as cheap as i have found.

#975701 - 03/29/17 08:35 AM Re: Are you buying a 2017/18 license? [Re: BroodBuster]
cfish Offline
Juvenile at Sea

Loc: port orchard
Yes, giving in.
Thought about selling the boat but its paid off and lots of great memories in that thing. Still love the shrimping and sea run fishing off the beach and will partake of salmon when available along with maybe getting into the kokanee thing. Hoping some day when I have grandchildren things will be better but might just be wishful thinking.

#975710 - 03/29/17 12:18 PM Re: Are you buying a 2017/18 license? [Re: BroodBuster]
RogueFanatic Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Kitsap Co.
Given the feeble amount of days I can go out, I'm buying 1-Day licenses as needed along with shellfish tag.

#975718 - 03/29/17 07:24 PM Re: Are you buying a 2017/18 license? [Re: BroodBuster]
Dan S. Offline
It all boils down to this - I'm right, everyone else is wrong, and anyone who disputes this is clearly a dumbfuck.

Loc: SE Olympia, WA
I'm saying I'm not, but I really will because I still go often enough to make it a good deal.

WDFW can suck it, though.

Bon Scott - Shot Down in Flames

#975722 - 03/29/17 09:57 PM Re: Are you buying a 2017/18 license? [Re: BroodBuster]
RowVsWade Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Island Time
I don't fault anyone for buying a license. Nor do I think buying one is in any way a tacit endorsement of their bad policies. I haven't fished enough, because of being short-sheeted by WDFW again, that it doesn't make sense. I've been wanting to move north anyway and it just so happened that the stars aligned. When I am back down here I don't think I'll miss fighting the crowds, rules and lack of fish to justify joining in the madness.

I gave up Steelhead fishing years ago when it became a ridiculous excercise in frustration and a competition for the last fish. I'm not going backwards any longer and look forward to Steelhead fishing again, albeit in a different state.

If you don't like our prices bring your wife down and we'll dicker.

#975724 - 03/29/17 11:19 PM Re: Are you buying a 2017/18 license? [Re: BroodBuster]
Steelheadman Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Poulsbo, WA,USA
Screw it I'm just going on free fishing daze!

#975726 - 03/30/17 02:28 AM Re: Are you buying a 2017/18 license? [Re: BroodBuster]
Turn key Offline
Fry

Loc: Connell, wa
Walleye........

#975727 - 03/30/17 06:20 AM Re: Are you buying a 2017/18 license? [Re: ]
bob r Offline
Returning Adult

Originally Posted By: stam
Originally Posted By: bob r
Glad to hear so many won't be buying licenses this year, thins out the numbers of fishermen competing for a limited amount of fish.

Not buying a license does not necessarily mean not fishing.

If you are required to buy a license (because of age) and buy one,then you are fishing. If you are required to buy a license and don't, and still go "fishing" in this state,, you are not fishing, you are poaching. That makes you scum. bob r

#975728 - 03/30/17 06:26 AM Re: Are you buying a 2017/18 license? [Re: bob r]
ReefSkunk
Unregistered

Originally Posted By: stam
Glad to hear so many won't be buying licenses this year, thins out the numbers of fishermen competing for a limited amount of fish.

Not buying a license does not necessarily mean not fishing.

If you are required to buy a license (because of age) and buy one,then you are fishing. If you are required to buy a license and don't, and still go "fishing" in this state,, you are not fishing, you are poaching. That makes you scum. bob r

This made me laugh.

#975731 - 03/30/17 09:20 AM Re: Are you buying a 2017/18 license? [Re: BroodBuster]
FleaFlickr02 Offline
River Nutrients

I'm pretty sure everyone here can agree on things like "fishing is fun," "I like to catch fish," or "my fishing license is a great entertainment value." These are all (good) reasons why we buy licenses every year.

I think it's important that we remember that, regardless of how many of us buy licenses, our opportunity ultimately depends on the outcome of a political process. In case you haven't noticed (and I know you have), that process is slowly, but surely diminishing our opportunity. Unless either revolution or Jesus, Himself comes to change the political climate, that trend will only continue, until we reach the point where we don't even get to fish for the species that define sport fishing in our region. To believe otherwise would be, well, "stoopid."

As we've discussed, ad nauseum and beyond, the only way we're going to get our fair share is by economically asserting ourselves in Olympia, whether that's by spending more (lobbying) or withholding our funding (not buying licenses). If I thought we had a snowball's chance in hell of getting organized enough to create a large enough lobbying fund, I'd opt to go that route, because that keeps us fishing and assuredly solves our problem. Trouble is, we can't get organized, because we're too opinionated to agree to any platform. That leaves us with not buying licenses, and we see how many of us are willing to do that....

For all my talk, I will almost certainly cave and buy a license, for all the same, obvious reasons most of the rest of you will. I don't have the means to "take my fishing elsewhere," so I do what I must to enjoy my favorite hobby locally. I've accepted that by willingly participating in the game, under the current rules, I effectively give WDFW and the Legislature my full approval of the shrinking package they offer us every year. So far, that unfortunate, annoying reality hasn't been enough to make me throw in the towel. Eventually, if I really do care about my grandchildren being able to fish, I (and ALL the rest of you) will have to be willing to make the personal sacrifices required, because the other guys don't seem to give a rat's a$$ about the future, and they have a lot more friends in high places than we do.

See you on the water, I guess, and yes, that prospect makes me happy.

#975747 - 03/30/17 06:46 PM Re: Are you buying a 2017/18 license? [Re: BroodBuster]
On The Swing Offline
Spawner

Still buying it obviously.
Didn't even work all that hard and filled out over 4 cards with dimer kings..stayed away from most the coho and pounded some consistent steel..
Even with gas prices and the future raise in prices ( a couple buck's lol) I still come out to my fish at about 75 cents a pound. .

You do whatever you want...leaves more for the rest of us

#975751 - 03/30/17 11:11 PM Re: Are you buying a 2017/18 license? [Re: FleaFlickr02]
Bay wolf Offline
Repeat Spawner

Loc: Graham, WA
Originally Posted By: FleaFlickr02
I'm pretty sure everyone here can agree on things like "fishing is fun," "I like to catch fish," or "my fishing license is a great entertainment value." These are all (good) reasons why we buy licenses every year.

I think it's important that we remember that, regardless of how many of us buy licenses, our opportunity ultimately depends on the outcome of a political process. In case you haven't noticed (and I know you have), that process is slowly, but surely diminishing our opportunity. Unless either revolution or Jesus, Himself comes to change the political climate, that trend will only continue, until we reach the point where we don't even get to fish for the species that define sport fishing in our region. To believe otherwise would be, well, "stoopid."

As we've discussed, ad nauseum and beyond, the only way we're going to get our fair share is by economically asserting ourselves in Olympia, whether that's by spending more (lobbying) or withholding our funding (not buying licenses). If I thought we had a snowball's chance in hell of getting organized enough to create a large enough lobbying fund, I'd opt to go that route, because that keeps us fishing and assuredly solves our problem. Trouble is, we can't get organized, because we're too opinionated to agree to any platform. That leaves us with not buying licenses, and we see how many of us are willing to do that....

For all my talk, I will almost certainly cave and buy a license, for all the same, obvious reasons most of the rest of you will. I don't have the means to "take my fishing elsewhere," so I do what I must to enjoy my favorite hobby locally. I've accepted that by willingly participating in the game, under the current rules, I effectively give WDFW and the Legislature my full approval of the shrinking package they offer us every year. So far, that unfortunate, annoying reality hasn't been enough to make me throw in the towel. Eventually, if I really do care about my grandchildren being able to fish, I (and ALL the rest of you) will have to be willing to make the personal sacrifices required, because the other guys don't seem to give a rat's a$$ about the future, and they have a lot more friends in high places than we do.

Flea, we feel your frustration and your utter despondence in the current fisheries management. Believe me when I tell you, as someone who's "peeked behind the curtain" the real wizard running our fisheries IS NOT WDFW! They want us to believe that, they spend lots of money convincing us of that. Hell, Unsworth probably chants that in the mirror at night, but the real wizard is the ones with the money, influence and power....

As hard as it is for me to say. The battle is well lost. Of all the letters, phone calls, emails, request for meetings we've done to WDFW leadership and legislators, Senator Pearson is the only one to date who has stood by our side and said it's wrong to manage our fisheries this way! Conservation is a smoke screen used only to advance agendas. The sad truth is, those that can do something, won't and those that should do something, don't. The politics in our fisheries will surly kill the last fish, without a doubt!

1Sgt U.S. Army (Ret)

#975783 - 03/31/17 04:18 PM Re: Are you buying a 2017/18 license? [Re: Bay wolf]
fp Offline
Old Duffer

Loc: Hoquiam,WA.USA
Renewed mine today'

Freshwater

Harvester card

Two pole

Shellfish

Dealer fee

$19.00 Who says getting old ain't cool!

Tried for a get out of jail free card but a no go there!

fp

Edited by fp (03/31/17 04:20 PM)

#975791 - 03/31/17 07:44 PM Re: Are you buying a 2017/18 license? [Re: BroodBuster]
NickD90 Offline
Shooting Instructor for hire

Loc: Snohomish, WA
I'm not buying a license until 11:53 pm the night before I go fishing for very the first time this year. Whenever that is...

#975796 - 03/31/17 09:09 PM Re: Are you buying a 2017/18 license? [Re: Bay wolf]
stonefish Offline
King of the Beach

Loc: Carkeek Park
Originally Posted By: Bay wolf
Originally Posted By: FleaFlickr02

Flea, we feel your frustration and your utter despondence in the current fisheries management. Believe me when I tell you, as someone who's "peeked behind the curtain" the real wizard running our fisheries IS NOT WDFW! They want us to believe that, they spend lots of money convincing us of that. Hell, Unsworth probably chants that in the mirror at night, but the real wizard is the ones with the money, influence and power....

As hard as it is for me to say. The battle is well lost. Of all the letters, phone calls, emails, request for meetings we've done to WDFW leadership and legislators, Senator Pearson is the only one to date who has stood by our side and said it's wrong to manage our fisheries this way! Conservation is a smoke screen used only to advance agendas. The sad truth is, those that can do something, won't and those that should do something, don't. The politics in our fisheries will surly kill the last fish, without a doubt!

So, you buying one or not?
SF

#975798 - 03/31/17 10:05 PM Re: Are you buying a 2017/18 license? [Re: BroodBuster]
eyeFISH Offline
Ornamental Rice Bowl

Bought... clams are destined to die tmro morn.

"If you don't kill them, they will spawn." (Carcassman)

The Keen Eye MD
Long Live the Kings!

#975801 - 03/31/17 10:46 PM Re: Are you buying a 2017/18 license? [Re: BroodBuster]
Bay wolf Offline
Repeat Spawner

Haven't yet and don't plan to unless something dramatic improves.

1Sgt U.S. Army (Ret)

#975857 - 04/02/17 02:11 PM Re: Are you buying a 2017/18 license? [Re: BroodBuster]
spoonage Offline
Parr

Loc: Whatcom
My 11 y.o will get a two pole endorsement for Baker Lake (he reels them all in anyways). Would I need a license to help him get the rods set up with the downriggers?

#976446 - 04/21/17 08:24 AM Re: Are you buying a 2017/18 license? [Re: BroodBuster]
spokey9 Offline
Juvenile at Sea

Loc: Ravenden, AR
I got mine yesterday. After talking with the wife for a time about whether we should or shouldn't for a good while. We decided to make the wdfw donation. Mainly because our daughter is 3 and she likes going to the lakes and reeling in trout, no to mention the fun she has at the beach clam digging. I'm not happy with the current plans for the salmon seasons and I guess this'll be the first time in a long time time that they aren't my primary focus. But in the end getting the kiddo out and learning was too important to me. Just hope G loomis introduces a high end flounder stick soon so I can look cool chasing sanddabs this year.

#976447 - 04/21/17 08:34 AM Re: Are you buying a 2017/18 license? [Re: spokey9]
Bay wolf Offline
Repeat Spawner

Originally Posted By: spokey9
I got mine yesterday. After talking with the wife for a time about whether we should or shouldn't for a good while. We decided to make the wdfw donation. Mainly because our daughter is 3 and she likes going to the lakes and reeling in trout, no to mention the fun she has at the beach clam digging. I'm not happy with the current plans for the salmon seasons and I guess this'll be the first time in a long time time that they aren't my primary focus. But in the end getting the kiddo out and learning was too important to me. Just hope G loomis introduces a high end flounder stick soon so I can look cool chasing sanddabs this year.

If you're fishing with your daughter (3) you don't need a license. Just follow the rules for assisting her fish and clam and you're in good shape. She is under 15 so does not require a license. You can help her since she is so young.

Edited by Bay wolf (04/21/17 08:37 AM)

1Sgt U.S. Army (Ret)

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
landcruiserwilly, Tom Trune
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
2 registered (Excitable Bob, 1 invisible), 546 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13523
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63778 Topics
645372 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |