Follow the money.
The end.

#1057826 - 10/09/21 06:38 PM Re: FISHINGTHECHEHALIS.NET [Re: ]
fish4brains Offline
Dah Rivah Stinkah Pink Mastah

Loc: zipper
Originally Posted By: bobrr
Originally Posted By: Carcassman
Given the current management paradigm of squeezing the last possible "harvestable" fish out of a run I think a nice series of storms, say every couple days, from September into mid-December, would be neat. Not gully-washers, just high enough water to put some cold in, quite a bit of leaves and sticks, and so on. But, then again, I'm warped.

You know, you must really hate rec. fishermen to have an attitude like that, you must be a former wdfw worker, why so much hate for fishermen who are already getting fuc*ed by the state? The conditions you wish for screw over folks who are NOT responsible for the current state of affairs. You are right, you are warped, and an ass*ole to boot. Why come to this board and bitch if you are not a fisherman who wants a fair deal for those who should be the LAST group to be shut down. Forcing us to fish in blown out conditions is as fuc*ed as having the tribes and dicks fishing our fish in Canada and Alaska low hole us time and time again.

Anger management?

#1057829 - 10/10/21 07:01 AM Re: FISHINGTHECHEHALIS.NET [Re: eyeFISH]
bobrr
Unregistered

The idea that someone who is a former employee of every fish and game agency that the state of WA. has ever implemented and has stated that he wishes for rain to blow out all the locals in Grey's Harbor is "one of the goods ones" is like stating that WDFW has rec fishermen's best interests at heart and that is is total bullsh*t. Either they go by numbers to support their positions and if that doesn't work then go by "models". The Quinault exceed the model and harvest something like 10 times the numbers taken by rec fishermen in Grey's Harbor and the Chehalis, and we make escapement for Chinook 3 out of 5 years and then they say "the numbers don't allow us to let you fish" Which is it ? Numbers or models? Melanie and I have caught enough fish to freeze enough for the year, but we took almost 1/2 of our fish in the ocean on one trip unlike the older small boat folks who have fished the river all their lives and are losing their sept. seasons because of bullshi* management by the state. Anyone who does't believe that the state would rather have tribes do all the meaningful fishing and not have to spend resources to support rec people aren't paying attention or are in the state's pockets. And "anger management"? This from a real A hole who has had he and all his ilk kicked off "the dark side" and brings his garbage over here. Get a life, loser. If you are not angry about a lot of older fisherfolks in Grey's harbor being low balled by Alaska, Canada, and tribes here at home and then have their meaningful season shut down by bought and sold wdfw employees and a corrupt governor who is bought and sold by the tribes then you are a heartless moron. I have lots of other fishing options with a larger boat but I am tired of seeing older residents with small boats go home empty handed because of numbers manipulation and out right lying by paid employees on our dime. Not to mention the a s*hole former employee who tells us his wet dream is that no one gets a timely chance at catching fish except the Quinault tribe and then I'm told he really looked out for terminal fisherfolk. What has he done for us lately?

#1057831 - 10/10/21 07:47 AM Re: FISHINGTHECHEHALIS.NET [Re: eyeFISH]
bobrr
Unregistered

Someone with 7 posts resents being called an dick? show me where anyone called you a dick, you latecoming dick!(see, NOW I'VE called you a dick, an a-hole, and a troller. get fuc*ed. And actually I don't have to spend money in Alaska to catch fish, like some dicks with more money then brains (or fish catching abilities). I'm done now, so if you think that WDFW has anyone's interests in mind other then the governor and the tribes you are beyond brain dead. I'll see you at the next public meeting if they bother to ever have them again. Oh, that's right , you've never been to a public meeting. Too busy in Alaska low holing us poor folks?

#1057834 - 10/10/21 11:16 AM Re: FISHINGTHECHEHALIS.NET [Re: ]
On The Swing Offline
Spawner

Never heard you comment at a public or zoom meeting in the last 2 years bobr...

#1057836 - 10/10/21 12:10 PM Re: FISHINGTHECHEHALIS.NET [Re: On The Swing]
bobrr
Unregistered

Originally Posted By: On The Swing
Never heard you comment at a public or zoom meeting in the last 2 years bobr...

Not surprising when we haven't had a public meeting in over a year and a half. Figuring that my wife spent 8 days in the hospital with below the waist paralysis , 8 months and still recovering from G.B.S syndrome and another 3 months with a broken ankle and the fact that there are only so many people fitting in a zoom meeting and commenting it's not surprising. Why aren't you complaining about the fact that the Chehalis tribe's chinook come out of our share and our share is zero. How the [Bleeeeep!] does that work? Tell me again how the state isn't screwing us over? Or do you support the current regime?

Edited by bobrr (10/10/21 12:13 PM)

#1057837 - 10/10/21 12:50 PM Re: FISHINGTHECHEHALIS.NET [Re: ]
Rivrguy Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Somewhere on the planet,I hope
Chehalis tribe are a non treaty tribe. They are not part of the treaty tribes 50% but rather have the right to fish on the tribal land and are part of the Non Treaty 50%. They were part of the tribal catch back in time a bit but the courts called BS and ended that.

Oh Mike once said given a choice he prefers face to face meetings but with Guv Green Jeans steering the SS Washington I seriously doubt that changes any time soon.

Bob your going to blow a blood vessel if you don't ease up, take a deep breath, take care of Mel which is the most important thing to do and fish when you can. It is a crappy year all around and it ain't going to get any better soon.

Hey tell Mel I said hello.

#1057838 - 10/10/21 01:04 PM Re: FISHINGTHECHEHALIS.NET [Re: Rivrguy]
Rivrguy Offline
River Nutrients

As to the river it is mud or big mud or little mud but we got mud. To make it more fun we also now have grass by the truckload to the mix keeping the wood chunks and limbs company. I will say it again " Mother Nature Is Not A Nice Lady! "

#1057839 - 10/10/21 02:39 PM Re: FISHINGTHECHEHALIS.NET [Re: eyeFISH]
bobrr
Unregistered

Melanie adding her two pieces of bait to the conversation, and responding to the hello. This isn't even close to Bob blowing a blood vessel, I find it a passionate objection to the state of washington affairs, something I have seen Dave engage in also. We all understand the "facts" of how we got here, it just seems to me the goals keep getting changed by the state, due to a multitude of issues and the recreational fisherfolks keep getting the short end. Why some fisherfolks don't see that and would prefer to argue about trivial bs is beyond me. Divided we stand, united we fall, the monster is the state not recreational fisherfolks. Marine, lower or upper river areas are all being screwed over by the people who run the State of Washington Dept of Fish and Wildlife.

#1057841 - 10/10/21 03:21 PM Re: FISHINGTHECHEHALIS.NET [Re: ]
Rivrguy Offline
River Nutrients

Mel I think you captured the thing in a few words. Not bad girl!

#1057843 - 10/10/21 04:15 PM Re: FISHINGTHECHEHALIS.NET [Re: ]
Flatbrim Pescador Offline
Returning Adult

Originally Posted By: bobrr
I don't have to spend money in Alaska to catch fish, like some dicks with more money then brains (or fish catching abilities).

I'm pretty sure Jake was just like a deckhand or something. Working at his parents restaurant barely pays for his weed habit.

#1057844 - 10/10/21 05:40 PM Re: FISHINGTHECHEHALIS.NET [Re: ]
bobrr
Unregistered

Originally Posted By: MakingNoyes

A quick review of PP history reveals that having your girlfriend, wife or mother log onto PP in your defense never ever works out well. Just sayin.

[/quote]
Just another loser who broke the dark side with inane, homophobic, racist and misogynistic posts, then re-registered under another loser handle. Yeah, I have someone to stand up for me, has my back when we are out crossing the bar, or just being the best fishing partner I've ever had. A loser like you? Hell, even your dick won't stand up for you.

#1057847 - 10/10/21 07:18 PM Re: FISHINGTHECHEHALIS.NET [Re: ]
slabhunter Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Sheltona Beach
Quote:
Melanie Divided we stand, united we fall, the monster is the state not recreational fisherfolks. Marine, lower or upper river areas are all being screwed over by the people who run the State of Washington Dept of Fish and Wildlife.

I agree! Most of the fish impacts are being taken before the terminal areas.

#1057849 - 10/10/21 08:18 PM Re: FISHINGTHECHEHALIS.NET [Re: slabhunter]
Rivrguy Offline
River Nutrients

So the water thing, as posted earlier low was mud and high this afternoon was that grayish color and fishable. So we got a mud spot running back and forth. The water will be changing with the tide so high is cleaner than low South Monte 101 bridge.

#1057851 - 10/11/21 11:27 AM Re: FISHINGTHECHEHALIS.NET [Re: Rivrguy]
Rivrguy Offline
River Nutrients

The water is dramatically different this morning. The mud spot is gone at low this morning and we have good water. It is bound to still be running back and forth but it has diluted down enough that one can get around it. Nets out at noon tomorrow so we should be able have descent conditions to fish. That's all for now folks!

#1057858 - 10/12/21 09:44 AM Re: FISHINGTHECHEHALIS.NET [Re: Rivrguy]
Rivrguy Offline
River Nutrients

Here are the Nations second set and projected harvest. Because the model I have does not have the first week the Nation fished I am not able to show the total so far as to what would be modeled. I do think it is safe to say Chinook and Coho are performing above expectations but with the rain it screws up things when trying to get a really firm idea of just what numbers say. Bingham is still not reporting and the Springs has a few Coho and Chinook. What is not known is just how far into the run the early rain brought the fish into the harbor. If just the early part we are good but if it brought in the fish normally coming later then our impression of the run size could be way off. So we wait to see but I am betting the Chinook over performed and Coho also but not to the same degree as Chinook.

Oct 3 - 5 week 41 Chinook 409 Chum 112 Coho 2,614
Modeled week 41 Chinook 627 Chum 283 Coho 2,222

Total Two QIN Sets Chinook 1,407 Chum 134 Coho 4,915

#1057862 - 10/12/21 02:26 PM Re: FISHINGTHECHEHALIS.NET [Re: eyeFISH]
Carcassman Online   content
River Nutrients

Loc: Olema,California,Planet Earth
Here is where my "but here is how we used to do it" gets wound up. With the long history of net fisheries coupled with the tide records and flow records it should be relatively easy to develop a model that looks at tides, flow, catch effort, rinsize, and so on. It may not be statistically "perfect" but it should give us a real-time view of what is going on.

Way back when the Fraser managers (after IPSFC) were willing to share with me the model they used to manage Fraser stocks by individual stock timing. I wanted it for SS chum, as there are a number fo different stocks and timings within the "South Sound Fall Chum" that we were managing as a conglomerate. This was 35 years ago. That model, which adjusted for changes in observed timing, would probably be a good place to start.

I must be getting old.

#1057895 - 10/18/21 06:29 AM Re: FISHINGTHECHEHALIS.NET [Re: Carcassman]
Rivrguy Offline
River Nutrients

https://www.nwrfc.noaa.gov/rfc/

We have four to five days before the river blows out. Flows will go up 10X what we have now with upper Satsop having one day of nearly four inches.

#1057898 - 10/18/21 02:20 PM Re: FISHINGTHECHEHALIS.NET [Re: eyeFISH]
Carcassman Online   content
River Nutrients

Loc: Olema,California,Planet Earth
This is the kind of event that should get coho up into all the small creeks as far us as they can. Great for spawner distribution if the can survive the blow-out.

#1057900 - 10/19/21 04:43 AM Re: FISHINGTHECHEHALIS.NET [Re: Carcassman]
Rivrguy Offline
River Nutrients

They will survive well enough. The old rule was river at at flood stage and 4 inches of additional rain comes in 24 hours you will have a hundred year flood. Right now we are below average so the streams in the Chehalis will absorb the flows.

After that no idea but if I remember the previous two events in upper Satsop had nearly 12 inches of rain and add the coming storm with around 5 inches and you get 17 inches South Olympics BEFORE November! That is one really bad set of weather patterns and long range forecast is for this to be the winter storm pattern.

Page 126 of 201 < 1 2 ... 124 125 126 127 128 ... 200 201 >

Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
3Gonads, herm
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
1 registered (steely slammer), 1085 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13520
eyeFISH 12766
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63773 Topics
645291 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |