LURECHARGE!

THE PP OUTDOOR FORUMS

Kast Gear!

Power Pro Shimano Reels G Loomis Rods

Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#979526 - 09/06/17 06:58 AM Anyone from Grays Harbor....
eyeFISH Offline
Ornamental Rice Bowl

.... headed to Woodland anytime soon?

Got at the butt half of 1064 Kenai Kwik that exploded at Buoy 10 that I need to replace at Lamiglas

"If you don't kill them, they will spawn." (Carcassman)

The Keen Eye MD
Long Live the Kings!

#979532 - 09/06/17 12:07 PM Re: Anyone from Grays Harbor.... [Re: eyeFISH]
cohoangler Offline
Three Time Spawner

Loc: Vancouver, Washington
FishDoc - Be aware that Lamiglass has changed considerably over the past few years. They reorganized and restructured their product line. As a result, they are not replacing any of the rods they no longer make. And that includes almost any rod made before about 2014.

I was just in the Lamiglass factory store yesterday (9/5). I lost the top half of my trolling rod (HC903) last week. I bought it about 8 years ago. (The top half is at the bottom of the Columbia River, likely between the Warrenton boat ramp and the Church Hole.) I brought it in expecting to get the top half replaced. But since they don’t make that rod anymore, they can’t (or wouldn’t) replace the top half. They could only offer me a new rod that was somewhat similar for $100. That may have been a wholesale price, but it was still more than I was expecting to pay.

I also took in a friend’s rod that needed a new tip (a car door casualty). It’s a one-piece rod. Again, they couldn’t do anything with it since they no longer make that rod. They could only offer me a discount on a similar X-11 rod for $50 (provided I give them the broken rod). Again, I turned down the offer. The X-11 line is the cheapest they make (from China). I really like Lamiglass rods, but I won’t touch an X-11. There are much better rods on the market for the price.

You may be okay since I believe they still make the Kenai Kwik line of rods. But you might consider calling them first.

This isn’t a knock against Lamiglass since they’re trying to stay competitive in an increasingly competitive marketplace. But if anyone is trying to get their Lamiglass rods serviced, they need to lower their expectations if the rod is older than about 2014.

Also, the Lamiglass Outlet Store is currently closed for remodeling. It will reopen again October 1.

Hope all is well with you.

#979534 - 09/06/17 01:22 PM Re: Anyone from Grays Harbor.... [Re: cohoangler]
Rivrguy Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Somewhere on the planet,I hope

Had to get a top section the other day and Clayton can tell you if they have what your after and will pack and ship to you, after you pay that is. Warranty or not by the way.

Clayton Dowiot
Lamiglas Warranty Dept.
1400 Atlantic Ave
Woodland, WA 98674
360-225-9436 x 505
clayton@lamiglas.com

Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
BigRedHead, Gene, Milton Fisher, Selther, SpinyRayLover
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
1 registered (Excitable Bob), 1100 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13523
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63779 Topics
645374 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |