Three Rivers Marine

Page 79 of 201 < 1 2 ... 77 78 79 80 81 ... 200 201 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#980078 - 09/25/17 06:24 PM Re: FISHINGTHECHEHALIS.NET *** [Re: bob r]
eyeFISH Offline
Ornamental Rice Bowl

Originally Posted By: bob r
Melanie nailed a 21 1/4 coho on Saturday, biggest silver I've ever seen.

WOW!

"If you don't kill them, they will spawn." (Carcassman)

The Keen Eye MD
Long Live the Kings!

#980079 - 09/25/17 07:18 PM Re: FISHINGTHECHEHALIS.NET [Re: eyeFISH]
DrifterWA Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: East of Aberdeen, West of Mont...
Double WOW, especially for this time of the year......that is twice, or more, for any Silvers/Coho that I've seen this year.

Melanie.....good things happen to good people!!!

"I thought growing older, would take longer"

#980080 - 09/25/17 08:04 PM Re: FISHINGTHECHEHALIS.NET [Re: eyeFISH]
bob r Offline
Returning Adult

Well truth be told, I lost 4 on opening weekend, when Bob had one. This day we both limited out, Bob got a bonus jack, BUT I certainly got big fish of the day. Karma!! Had to release a King yesterday. Trying again tomorrow.- Melanie

#980083 - 09/25/17 08:45 PM Re: FISHINGTHECHEHALIS.NET [Re: eyeFISH]
eswan Offline
Juvenile at Sea

Tribal netting schedule

http://wdfw.wa.gov/fishing/tribal/

I also heard some large fish moved in. My boss got a very large coho down low Sunday afternoon. 21lb silver is one for the books, congrats!

#980102 - 09/26/17 04:12 PM Re: FISHINGTHECHEHALIS.NET [Re: eyeFISH]
FleaFlickr02 Offline
River Nutrients

Indeed, that 21-pounder is a terrific story. Congrats, Melanie! Can't help but think all that speaking you've done on behalf of the fish at North of Falcon just paid off in coho slabs!

Word on the river is the fishing is slow, but the few fish that are getting caught have been of exceptional size and quality. Seems the Coho run is taking advantage of some temporarily great ocean conditions (and some bait left behind by the dwarf Chinook run) to get its contingent, while probably below average in number, to grow to some exceptional sizes. I've heard multiple tales of 12 pounds plus, which really is exceptional, especially this early. That said, in my sampling, about 1 in 10 is catching a legal fish, so this is definitely not a large run. Makes sense that fewer fish competing for decent amounts of forage should produce some pigs.

If anyone wants my rock, you can have it. I can't make them bite; maybe you can.

#980105 - 09/26/17 06:10 PM Re: FISHINGTHECHEHALIS.NET [Re: eyeFISH]
eswan Offline
Juvenile at Sea

I fished on Saturday with a couple buddies and came home with 2 adults and 4 jacks. One boat did quite well but most struggled. I believe FF's assessment of 1-10 is fairly accurate. Many boats went home with out a fish. Good luck if you give try!

#980106 - 09/26/17 07:37 PM Re: FISHINGTHECHEHALIS.NET [Re: eyeFISH]
jgreen Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Elma, WA
A LOT of kings are being hooked in the usual bank spots on eggs, I see lots of coho rolling around in the usual spot near my area. They aren't biting. Maybe the occasional one on eggs. Nothing yet for me or many others up this high on hardware or jigs. My theory is, water is still warm to get those aggressive silvers to bite much. Kings obviously aren't as picky, especially on eggs.

People have been getting a couple more on spinners below the mouth of the Satsop where there is a little more tidal influence, colder water from the tributary, snappier fish.

Also, I have looked in a few spots on the Satsop and seen a few coho in a couple spots already. If it was open, they would be a little snappy for sure. Im more optimistic about this season, as long as us upriver guys don't get the shaft again, it should be a productive season.

#980107 - 09/27/17 12:45 AM Re: FISHINGTHECHEHALIS.NET [Re: eswan]
eyeFISH Offline
Ornamental Rice Bowl

Originally Posted By: eswan
I fished on Saturday with a couple buddies and came home with 2 adults and 4 jacks. One boat did quite well but most struggled. I believe FF's assessment of 1-10 is fairly accurate. Many boats went home with out a fish. Good luck if you give try!
Team eyeFISH still tryin' to cobble a crew together for the morning. Hopefully we can find at least ONE willing biter.

The Keen Eye MD
Long Live the Kings!

#980108 - 09/27/17 05:04 AM Re: FISHINGTHECHEHALIS.NET [Re: eyeFISH]
Rivrguy Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Somewhere on the planet,I hope
From my spot things have been a bit slow and still are. We had few jacks, more Chinook than Coho, everything moving right through. Two days ago stated showing better as well as adults. Yesterday plenty of jacks and a parade of adults be it slow. Could not get a big fish ( Coho ) before but yesterday they looked 10 to 12 lbs and straight out of the ocean. So think no staging down low they are simply floating up with the tide. Not a stampede but movement.

I blew my back and could not net my fish so I am guessing on size but I am not far off. Did provide some hysterically funny moments for the guys fishing near me trying to net a fish like that. So the size jump is just unusual this early and they are moving straight up steadily. You East county guys know the 3 or 4 places they will pull up at.

Edited by Rivrguy (09/27/17 05:06 AM)

#980118 - 09/27/17 08:40 AM Re: FISHINGTHECHEHALIS.NET [Re: eyeFISH]
Rocket Red Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Elma
I agree with the general consensus. Impressive size for the early run, but finding biters is WORK. Plenty of good catchers are getting skunked, or fishing all day for 1 or 2 fish.

Another thing (and maybe just my boat) but we have killed more hatchery fish in the first 10 days, than we did all of last season.

#980249 - 10/01/17 09:31 AM Re: FISHINGTHECHEHALIS.NET [Re: Rocket Red]
fish4brains Offline
Dah Rivah Stinkah Pink Mastah

Loc: zipper
black gums and big spots = king

#980252 - 10/01/17 05:17 PM Re: FISHINGTHECHEHALIS.NET [Re: fish4brains]
Sol Duc Offline
April Fool

I've caught 4 Kings out of the Hump and lost 3 over the last 10 days or so.....roughly 45 hours. The Copalis opened today, will be fishing it tomorrow. It's so nice to live 10 minutes from the Hump. beer

- Albert Einstein.

#980256 - 10/01/17 07:09 PM Re: FISHINGTHECHEHALIS.NET [Re: eyeFISH]
DrifterWA Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: East of Aberdeen, West of Mont...
If I didn't have a boat, and could walk and stand......I'd be somewhere around Fuller Bridge and on the river that just opened today. The past 3-4 days, the hatchery silvers have been on the move past Monty, past the pump houses, up in the flats. Lots of people, guides, some caught fish but lots of "non-biters".

Crappy tides, for me, and no rain has me talking to myself. As stated above, lots of "good fishermen" are just practicing casting, catching slow, so are not going to have to worry about buying a 2nd punch card.

Oh, if you enjoy fishing "jacks", and have some good eggs, find some fast water....go for it, size this year is on the small size but they eat and smoke good, and something is better than nothing!!!!

Edited by DrifterWA (10/01/17 07:33 PM)

"I thought growing older, would take longer"

#980258 - 10/01/17 08:08 PM Re: FISHINGTHECHEHALIS.NET [Re: eyeFISH]
eswan Offline
Juvenile at Sea

Bottom line is we desperately need rain. We fished Saturday and got 3 adults two weighed 15lbs almost identical hook nosed bucks and 1 6lb hen. Heres the kicker. We hooked 9! Should have been done at 8am. Most of the fish are not biters, lots of boats on the flat with 2 or 3 silvers caught. You need to cover lots of water and get there early to find a fish that will go. Most boats didn't get a keeper. Lots of guys catching and releasing kings. Been seeing drifterwa down there, still dosnt wave back haha.

Edited by eswan (10/01/17 08:10 PM)

#980262 - 10/02/17 07:51 AM Re: FISHINGTHECHEHALIS.NET [Re: eyeFISH]
FleaFlickr02 Offline
River Nutrients

Explored the Satsop and Wynoochee a bit yesterday. Visited a lot of productive water and didn't see a fish swimming. I heard tales of fish moving up the Satsop the other day. Either the fish shot up past the park, or those were just tales. We need rain, and there's none in the 10-day forecast. When we do get rain (real rain), you had better be there, because the entire early run is going to move up the tribs, really fast.

As for this week, I bet the strong east wind will get those kegged-up fish on the flats biting... or it won't. I don't have the touch to make those fish bite in ideal conditions, so I'm going to do other stuff until the rain comes (or the fish decide to stop waiting to spread out). Should be mushrooms popping after the light rains we've had....

#980272 - 10/02/17 01:10 PM Re: FISHINGTHECHEHALIS.NET [Re: FleaFlickr02]
Rivrguy Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Somewhere on the planet,I hope
From mid tidewater it is a bit weird. Sat was amazing as two large waves went through, that is the good news. After that they simply are coming right out of the ocean and up the river to someplace. With almost no tide movement they simply swim right on up with a great deal of lock jaw as they are to new to fresh as they have to overcome the biological bit from salt to fresh. Thing is they will appear in a wave that seems to last about 2 hours and has no connection wide water movement. What they do react to in a major way is the barometer going up or down. Chinook always but the bloody Coho seem to being mirroring the Chinook. Oh the fish are above average in size and very fat and healthy.

#980301 - 10/03/17 01:55 PM Re: FISHINGTHECHEHALIS.NET [Re: eyeFISH]
eyeFISH Offline
Ornamental Rice Bowl

[img]http://i662.photobucket.com/albums/uu345/KeenEyeMD/FISHING%202017/image_zpsers8sunl.jpg~original[/img]

The Keen Eye MD
Long Live the Kings!

#980307 - 10/03/17 06:04 PM Re: FISHINGTHECHEHALIS.NET [Re: eyeFISH]
Duncan Dharkeez Offline
Alevin

Loc: Homeless
Coho derby results.

Just curious are they on this interweb somewhere?

#980349 - 10/05/17 01:17 AM Re: FISHINGTHECHEHALIS.NET [Re: eyeFISH]
eyeFISH Offline
Ornamental Rice Bowl

The Keen Eye MD
Long Live the Kings!

#980370 - 10/05/17 07:51 PM Re: FISHINGTHECHEHALIS.NET [Re: eyeFISH]
Duncan Dharkeez Offline
Alevin

Loc: Homeless
I did not win the derby, but when I got back to my van I found one of my tires was urinated on and a dripping condom was draped over my antenna. It tasted like salted herring so I figured this was like a way to welcome new guys to the area.

It's good to be back. Thanks for the greetings who ever that was.

I plan on heading back out this weekend after I get my rig cleaned up.

Page 79 of 201 < 1 2 ... 77 78 79 80 81 ... 200 201 >

Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
3Gonads, herm
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
1 registered (stonefish), 1102 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13520
eyeFISH 12766
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63773 Topics
645294 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |