Three Rivers Marine

Page 132 of 202 < 1 2 ... 130 131 132 133 134 ... 201 202 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#1058381 - 12/15/21 07:46 AM Re: FISHINGTHECHEHALIS.NET *** [Re: eyeFISH]
Carcassman Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Olema,California,Planet Earth
I'd add, too, and it is maybe because I am chronologically gifted, that returning to places of my younger days to fish, hunt, just look around brings much joy in the memories, even if the success is not as great.

Go row. Maybe go in the summer during trout season and explore the waters; something will be there even if it isn't an Oregon 20...

#1058382 - 12/15/21 05:29 PM Re: FISHINGTHECHEHALIS.NET [Re: ]
dwatkins Offline
I'm Idaho!

Originally Posted By: bobrr
Originally Posted By: dwatkins
Originally Posted By: bobrr
Originally Posted By: Carcassman
The thing that concerns me with discussion of the 3/5 box is "Mighty lean harvest" as the place to start. In my simple mind, you rebuild the runs to above the goals and when that happens you harvest. For too long the game has been (and I was a very involved player) to catch as many fish as the paper says are available and hope the escapement results are good. I would like to see the priorities switched.

As a former employee and apologist for the wdfw I am not surprised at your position.

I truly feel bad for Melanie. You’re a petulant old fool, Bobrr. I wish nothing but the worst for you.

I am not surprised at that last bit,, the dark side being wiped must have really bothered you, most of your posts were there, that shows me who you are. All I did was tell someone that I thought that they sucked up to the state being a former employee. Personally I'd be embarrassed to being part of the shuck and jive game the state has been feeding us all these years. Funny about lack of responsibility for Willapa Bay not being discussed in this context. Or Puget Sound anglers being screwed over in favor of tribal interests. Anyone who believes the state has concern for either the rec. fisherman or the status of the fish runs is the fool. The def. of petulant includes "bad tempered". Anyone who isn't bad tempered about the state's position on tribal rights, litigation, or conservation is a fool. Notice I haven't called anyone in particular a "petulant old fool", if I wanted to call people names or display homophobic, racist, misogynistic tendencies I would post them on the "dark side". Oh, that's right, folks like you got that shut down, And rightfully so.

Melanie here: you can feel bad for me but please feel bad in the proper way, feel bad since the State Of Washington doesn't care about rec fishers, me included. Feel bad because the dept of F&W doesn't protect the fish too. Feel glad since they are protecting THEIR interests of litigation, which will save us $.

TLDR; to be very honest. It’s like climate change or recycling, you can only do so much, grassroots uprising change is important in politics
but won’t equal to more fish at least in the short term. Keep being you, babbrr, even if Melanie is your Eleanor Roosevelt side and put on your high heels while you tie some leaders.

#1058384 - 12/15/21 10:01 PM Re: FISHINGTHECHEHALIS.NET [Re: eyeFISH]
fish4brains Offline
Dah Rivah Stinkah Pink Mastah

Loc: zipper
bobr aka Sybil is lashing out because he's stuck with 45 years of boat payments and nowhere to fish.

#1058385 - 12/16/21 07:08 AM Re: FISHINGTHECHEHALIS.NET [Re: eyeFISH]
bobrr
Unregistered

More dickwads from the dark side

Edited by bobrr (12/16/21 05:24 PM)

#1058386 - 12/16/21 07:26 AM Re: FISHINGTHECHEHALIS.NET [Re: eyeFISH]
bobrr
Unregistered

By the way, our boat and house are completely paid off, I go out in the ocean in our 20 ft. new duckworth, while the losers from the darkside are paying off their trailer park shithouses and fishing from the banks of rivers with no decent fish left. Who gets the last laugh? Someone who's life consists of posting the kind of shi* you've just posted or me? I'm happy with my wife, my life, and my family and friends. What do you have besides a gutful of hate?

#1058387 - 12/16/21 07:33 AM Re: FISHINGTHECHEHALIS.NET [Re: ]
Rivrguy Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Somewhere on the planet,I hope
Bob have you totally lost your mind ? PP is about fish and this thread has remained true by being only things about fish in the Chehalis. If you morons want to act like a two year old being dragged through a grocery store by its mother screaming kindly do it someplace else. Your last post was so improper that to say it is beyond any reasonable boundaries would be the under statement of the year! You need to seriously chill out.

#1058388 - 12/16/21 07:40 AM Re: FISHINGTHECHEHALIS.NET [Re: eyeFISH]
bobrr
Unregistered

You know, you're right . I shouldn't even respond to the kind of shi* these folks spew. I'll try to not take these a-holes seriously. But I didn't start this [Bleeeeep!], it's been going on for years, if the mods would just ban these mental morons the site would be improved.

#1058389 - 12/16/21 08:34 AM Re: FISHINGTHECHEHALIS.NET [Re: eyeFISH]
WDFW X 1 = 0 Offline
My Area code makes me cooler than you

Bob seems angry.

I'm pissed too.

The thought of another winter of few fish is extremely frustrating.

I miss the glory days of the Baby Doll Hole on the creek.

RIP

#1058390 - 12/16/21 10:04 AM Re: FISHINGTHECHEHALIS.NET [Re: ]
FISH'N BRASS Offline
Parr

Loc: U. PLACE, WA
RG-thanks-it needed to be said!

bobrr-sadly your post puts you in the "mental morons" group

#1058391 - 12/16/21 11:10 AM Re: FISHINGTHECHEHALIS.NET [Re: eyeFISH]
Carcassman Offline
River Nutrients

Doesn't just apply to the Chehalis but last Sunday I was at the Steelhead Trout Club's annual banquet. One of the members has (legally) takes a steelhead from 78 different streams in WA. And I know at least one he missed. That is what we had, a myriad of streams to fish. A question to ask WDFW is will we ever fish for anadromous fish in all the GH rivers? If not, why is that not the goal? That is, actually, a good question for them. What, very specifically, is your vision for GH? What seasons, what limits?

#1058392 - 12/16/21 11:17 AM Re: FISHINGTHECHEHALIS.NET [Re: FISH'N BRASS]
bobrr
Unregistered

Originally Posted By: FISH'N BRASS
RG-thanks-it needed to be said!

bobrr-sadly your post puts you in the "mental morons" group

Yeah, I agree. I should have sent it as a P.M. or maybe just put these folks on ignore. You know, I'll do that right now so I won't see their posts, good or bad. Sorry to derail a thread so many read.

#1058393 - 12/16/21 12:12 PM Re: FISHINGTHECHEHALIS.NET [Re: Carcassman]
DrifterWA Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: East of Aberdeen, West of Mont...
Originally Posted By: Carcassman
A question to ask WDFW is will we ever fish for anadromous fish in all the GH rivers? If not, why is that not the goal? That is, actually, a good question for them. What, very specifically, is your vision for GH? What seasons, what limits?

Good idea BUT try to get WDFW to put anything in writing....or even answer questions they don't want to answer....

Most probably missed the WDFW Tuesday, Dec. 14 - Coastal Washington with Regional Director Larry Phillips, 6 - 7 p m Zoom meeting...

Remember meeting was set to be a "question from public meeting", ya right!!!! Time was mostly spent by WDFW asking for budget help, patting themselves on the back for the great job that is being done.

4 questions from call in, you could type in questions to be answered.... I sent 4 in, did a screen shot with my IPhone of mine, they won't allow you to see questions.. someone ask about when can we starting killing wolfs, another was on bear hunting, another was about getting white tail deer started in Western WA.

Only 1 of mine, was even mentioned.....then it was WDFW partial answer....

No fishing for me, lots of computer time, like email over talk on phone, PDR can help on Wynoochee Mitigation, other question had to do with FISH, wild steelhead and 1300+ Coho placed above Wynoochee Dam...didn't want to answer those...grrrrrrrr

Edited by DrifterWA (12/16/21 12:15 PM)

"I thought growing older, would take longer"

#1058394 - 12/16/21 12:31 PM Re: FISHINGTHECHEHALIS.NET [Re: eyeFISH]
On The Swing Offline
Spawner

I also liked how James sidestepped the question on whether or not the Steelhead Harvest Management Plan had been signed yet or not...

But they were quick on the response that they will have the PREVIOUS years agreements up toot sweet. I was able to find last years, maybe I'm missing something?

#1058395 - 12/16/21 01:24 PM Re: FISHINGTHECHEHALIS.NET [Re: eyeFISH]
Carcassman Offline
River Nutrients

I agree with Drifter that WDFW, and probably any manager, does not like to be pinned down. But we have to. They want us to lobby the Leg for more money, or increases in fess, or whatever. The quid pro quo is that they commit to a management structure and work towards it.

I think it is past time where we allow our leaders (not just in natural resources) to make decisions with no consequences. You want to remove culverts? Fine. How many more spawners will we see in that stream? You want to keep boats away from SRKWs? Fine. How many more SRKWs will we have in 4 years?

#1058396 - 12/16/21 06:44 PM Re: FISHINGTHECHEHALIS.NET [Re: eyeFISH]
RUNnGUN Offline
Repeat Spawner

Glad the dark side closed down. Divert your energy elsewhere. For the better I hope.

#1058397 - 12/16/21 08:58 PM Re: FISHINGTHECHEHALIS.NET [Re: eyeFISH]
WDFW X 1 = 0 Offline
My Area code makes me cooler than you

I'll never forget the day when the Babydoll floated down stream and got caught in a log jam. We brought it back up a placed it close to where it originally was. Unfortunately after the next high water it was gone forever. Every year after that pressure doubled until that stretch of river became the new Blue Creek.
So sad you can't escape the people on the rivers anymore. So sad the fish are gone.
The commercialization of the resource ruined the fisheries we all loved.
Guides, magazines, advertising, mens egos, and the internet were just the tools.
I hope those that tried to make money on our fish runs are happy with their end game.

#1058398 - 12/17/21 07:26 AM Re: FISHINGTHECHEHALIS.NET [Re: eyeFISH]
Carcassman Offline
River Nutrients

We actually do have (Rivrguy has a copy) a mosel for both GH and WB that would allow the collective "us" to build the runs out from the individual stream escapement through fisheries out to the ocean. Including rec, commercial, and tribal fisheries. Every "wish" can be included. At that point, we would have an estimate of how many fish would need to escape the ocean.

We would have an idea if all our inside wants are even doable production-wise. We would have an idea of whether or not the ocean fisheries were possible and at what level.

Knowlege. Maybe imperfect as it would just be a model, but ....

#1058414 - 12/18/21 09:04 AM Re: FISHINGTHECHEHALIS.NET [Re: Carcassman]
Rivrguy Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Somewhere on the planet,I hope
Every year I request the preseason forecast models for salmon and Steelhead and staff provides as quickly as possible. I then send them to over 250 folks on my list and let everyone else know the best I can they are available. Staff for the Chehalis in R-6 have been very good at trying to get information out to folks the best they can. With all that info I and others were totally focused on the the total escapement and just plain blew it as we did not look into the numbers for individual streams, our bad!

Frankly other than staff spoon feed us information I do not know what more could have been done to make us understand just how dire the situation has become. This is a tide water / bay harvest issue and frankly must be addressed as such. What should not happen is the upper basin community be punished for the continuing over harvest of Coho by tide water and bay fisheries be it QIN, NT Commercial. or Rec.

#1058415 - 12/18/21 10:28 AM Re: FISHINGTHECHEHALIS.NET [Re: eyeFISH]
Carcassman Offline
River Nutrients

I agree RG, but for as long as I have known them, the WDF/WDFW salmon folks have been tied to marine harvest. I remember trying to get a fishery in the river for Dungeness Pinks and it was hard because the push was for marine areas. That, and the agency wanted to leave the freshwater salmon alone so they could spawn in peace.

As many have noted, there simply are not enough fish for everybody to get every fish they want. Somebody gets cut off.

#1058416 - 12/18/21 10:30 AM Re: FISHINGTHECHEHALIS.NET [Re: Rivrguy]
bobrr
Unregistered

[quote=Rivrguy
Frankly other than staff spoon feed us information I do not know what more could have been done to make us understand just how dire the situation has become. This is a tide water / bay harvest issue and frankly must be addressed as such. What should not happen is the upper basin community be punished for the continuing over harvest of Coho by tide water and bay fisheries be it QIN, NT Commercial. or Rec. [/quote]
It's really easy to go after the low hanging fruit on the tree, bay and tidal fishers whether they be tribal, NT comm. or rec, when the reality is most of the fish (60 to 80% are the current number, I believe) are taken by Alaska and B.C. Not to mention the fact that all of "our fish" are taken by rec fishers from Alaska to Grey's Harbor and beyond. To state that we are the problem locally and shutting us down is going to make the decline go away is absurd. That solution is ridiculous when you consider that the Nisqually steelhead have NEVER returned to significant numbers in spite a a total shut down of the fishery to both tribal and rec. fishing for 20 to 30 years or more.
Unless comm. harvest is curtailed (which is NEVER going to happen while any meaningful amount of fish are there) the fish are doomed. But shutting locals down is the easiest thing to do, just ask the state. Curtailing seasons with minimal harvest this year and last year did not make numbers magically rise as a result. Most fisherfolk we spoke to and saw last year and this year did poorly as a general rule. We should be the LAST people to be shut down after all other interests are shut down, other than tribal. Unfortunately they (tribal) would be the only comm. harvesters left. That's what had to happen with game animals and that's the way it should be. But that's not going to happen in our lifetimes so we have boats that will take us wherever and whatever type of fish are still available to catch and will advocate for our right to do so.

Page 132 of 202 < 1 2 ... 130 131 132 133 134 ... 201 202 >

Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
Chromeo, Colluvium, lat59, m wilson, phishkellar, TBJ
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
0 registered (), 870 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13523
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63778 Topics
645358 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |