Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#37455 - 10/20/06 01:03 AM anyone fishing the snohomish sky system this weekend
fishingfool78 Offline
Fry

Loc: lake forest park
Im gonna be up at the sky this weekend fishing. just wanted to let everyone know that. Hopefully ill see you guys there.

#37456 - 10/20/06 01:17 AM Re: anyone fishing the snohomish sky system this weekend
FishRanger Offline
Carcass

Loc: Where ever Dogfish tells me to...
I'll be up there too, watch out for the "50 lb Chum"!!!!

Decisions are made by those who show up.

"Shallow men believe in luck. Strong men believe in cause and effect." Ralph Waldo Emerson

#37457 - 10/22/06 03:37 PM Re: anyone fishing the snohomish sky system this weekend
fishingfool78 Offline
Fry

lol yea you might catch a 50 lb to.

#37458 - 10/22/06 08:13 PM Re: anyone fishing the snohomish sky system this weekend
steelhd101 Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Everett, WA.
Fished Douglas Bar with the daughter this AM. Did not see one Silver. Did manage one Chum though. Wasn't 50# (hehe), but took her 15 minutes or so to land. She has not ever wanted to fish much. She is 19 and going to school at Central now. She caught a nice Steelhead this summer and asked to go again since she was home for the "Battle in Seattle" (Central vs. Western at Quest field). Thank you Fish God for letting us catch another. Sure glad that she still asks to spend some time with Dad. Got her up at 6:00 since we had to be off at 11:00. "God Dad, it is still dark." Hehehe

#37459 - 10/23/06 12:08 AM Re: anyone fishing the snohomish sky system this weekend
Sky-Guy Offline
The Tide changed

Loc: Everett
I floated Sultan to Monroe today and we managed 1 chum to hand. But any 1 fish day is a good day on the Sky though right? rolleyes Thankfully it was nice out.
All the silvers were red, no bright fish seen above or below water. New and old Chums in scattered small schools, mostly from the powerlines down. Very few fish around though, and I know for sure because it's so low and clear you can see everything with polarized glasses. Lots of rocks touching the boat and pushing through water. Tough to plug-fish most normally fishable water cause the flow is dead.

How was the top end today Beezer and company?

#37460 - 10/23/06 12:14 AM Re: anyone fishing the snohomish sky system this weekend
fishingfool78 Offline
Fry

I fished the wallace today but didnt manage to get that 50 lb chum. I lost 4 caught two one was released. The fish i caught was in decent shape. good luck to everyone.

#37461 - 10/23/06 12:20 AM Re: anyone fishing the snohomish sky system this weekend
Mr. Twister Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: wa
I fished the Stilly/Sky today, Saw alot of fish, but did not get one strike.

I fished the Norman Road WDFW area, and the Blue Stilly Holes on the Stilly, and the Reformatory Hole on the Sky.

#37462 - 10/23/06 10:55 AM Re: anyone fishing the snohomish sky system this weekend
Beezer Offline
Spawner

Loc: Monroe WA
Hey Sky-Guy, the upper was a little bumpy but we only had to stick out a leg a couple of times to get going again. Jeff's boat got a nice 12lb summer steelhead (wild and immediately released) at the head end of the Doctor's house. Didn't see any chum until just below Sky Valley Tracts on that bar the sled guides like to beach and fish on. Hooked four there on float/jig but they were all boots so we moved on. Like you said, hardly enough flow anywhere to effectively pull kwickies.

Beezer

#37463 - 10/24/06 12:01 AM Re: anyone fishing the snohomish sky system this weekend
fishingfool78 Offline
Fry

Fished the same place again today. managed to get ten hook ups. all fish were released. Most of them were in decent shape.

#37464 - 10/24/06 01:33 AM Re: anyone fishing the snohomish sky system this weekend
Addicted Offline
Rico Suave

Loc: Whidbey Island
Fishnfool78: Where were you on the wallace? I was around there a bit today for awhile. Were you up in the wallace or down around the corner at the mouth? I saw people hear and there and got a few silvers and 4 or 5 chums.

#37465 - 10/24/06 06:39 PM Re: anyone fishing the snohomish sky system this weekend
Get_Speyed Offline
Juvenile at Sea

Loc: Marysville
Addicted,

Do you work. You are everywhere man.

John Steinbeck

#37466 - 10/24/06 07:03 PM Re: anyone fishing the snohomish sky system this weekend
fishingfool78 Offline
Fry

yea some what

#37467 - 10/24/06 08:19 PM Re: anyone fishing the snohomish sky system this weekend
BEANCOUNTER Offline
Juvenile at Sea

Loc: Bothell
Question - How do you get the mouth of the Wallace? I checked it out on Sunday and I couldn't figure out how to get down there from Highway 2.

#37468 - 10/24/06 10:43 PM Re: anyone fishing the snohomish sky system this weekend
Addicted Offline
Rico Suave

Loc: Whidbey Island
Soden..ebay man, and landscape jobs filling in. Use to work ALL THE TIME! Hated being stuck inside when I saw the rain and knew the fish were running. Or fresh snow in the mountains and I was stuck working killed me. Trying hard to figure out how I can fish more and still make enough money.

Beancounter..go hwy 2 to Startup. Take a right at the minimart store on the right side. Cross the Wallace, then the railroad tracks and follow rd to the right. Go a mile or two until the road takes a hard right and park on the left side in the large pullout. Walk up over the track and follow trails to the sky or the wallace. Not as many fish in the wallace as most years 'cuz there is no water. Walk the bank of the sky towards the Wallace mouth, at the wallace mouth, cross where part of the sky dumps towards the mouth of the wallace. Walk down the gravel bar island. There are 3 riffles and below each fish are holding in the faster water.

#37469 - 10/25/06 10:40 AM Re: anyone fishing the snohomish sky system this weekend
BEANCOUNTER Offline
Juvenile at Sea

Loc: Bothell
Thanks Addicted

#37470 - 10/25/06 11:48 PM Re: anyone fishing the snohomish sky system this weekend
bank walker Offline
Spawner

Same thing....Saw alot of red coho with only a few worth keeping. 50/50 chums and coho. Chums are all zombied. Landed two summer runs and an old coho, all released. With the low water there seems to be more summers holding over in the lower/mid river.
"I have a fair idea of what to expect from the river, and usually, because I fish it that way, the river gives me approximately what I expect of it. But sooner or later something always comes up to change the set of my ways..."
- Roderick Haig-Brown

#37471 - 10/25/06 11:55 PM Re: anyone fishing the snohomish sky system this weekend
Knucklebustersonly Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: WA
Quote:
Originally posted by Addicted:
Soden..ebay man, and landscape jobs filling in. Use to work ALL THE TIME! Hated being stuck inside when I saw the rain and knew the fish were running. Or fresh snow in the mountains and I was stuck working killed me.
I'm intrigued by your eBay profession. What do you sell on it? How much do you make if you wouldn't mind sharing? Never met someone who's done that. Landscaping probably also covers for some good money too. People will pay good money to get their lawn looking good and weeding and pruning done.

Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
Cam, FisherJoe, Gettin-It-Wet, Krijack, Steelheadstalker
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1442 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13523
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63779 Topics
645378 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |