Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#433153 - 05/07/08 10:15 AM Alaska guide/lodge recommendation needed
SalmonBuster Offline
Smolt

Loc: Oroville, California
Hi, I am planning a trip with my Grandfather to Alaska next year. I am needing a guide recommendation. This will be my first trip up there. I am looking for a guide and lodge for a true Alaska experience. I'm wanting to fish the Kenai two or three day's for chinook's, a full day trip for halibut, a full day saltwater trip for silver's/lingcod/rockfish, and a day digging up razorclam's. I'm looking for a package that will provide all of these option's as well as lodging,(perhap's a cabin). I'm also wanting a day to spend walking around Soldotna and seeing the site's. If anyone can give me a good recommendation I would really appreciate it. Thank's, Dale (SalmonBuster)

#433154 - 05/07/08 10:24 AM Re: Alaska guide/lodge recommendation needed [Re: SalmonBuster]
stever in everett Offline
Spawner

Loc: Everett, WA USA
You should contact Corey, Bob's wife. I'm sure that she will be able to either set it up or recommend some one. Corey introduced my group to the owner's of some rental cabins a few years ago and we have been using them since. She has also been able to set up our halibut trips. Bob doesn't fish the Kenai himself but I'm sure he knows a few of the guides that do. BY the way Corey we will be up the last full week of July again so keep an evening open for dinner.

#433157 - 05/07/08 10:38 AM Re: Alaska guide/lodge recommendation needed [Re: stever in everett]
SalmonBuster Offline
Smolt

Thank's! I was looking at the fishing/lodging package's and it look's like I will be able to do everything I would like to do. One of the package's is for six day's, but I think I will pay for a seventh day so that I can explore the town of Soldotna. I'm going to have my Grandfather talk to Bob or Corey and see if we can make a trip up there next year. North to Alaska, Dale (SalmonBuster)

#433163 - 05/07/08 11:03 AM Re: Alaska guide/lodge recommendation needed [Re: SalmonBuster]
Dave Vedder Offline
Reverend Tarpones

Loc: West Duvall
You can explore Soldotna in well under a day. Allow 15 minutes if in car. 1/2 hour on foot.

#433168 - 05/07/08 11:08 AM Re: Alaska guide/lodge recommendation needed [Re: Dave Vedder]
stever in everett Offline
Spawner

Loc: Everett, WA USA
Heck the Fred Meyers will take at least 15 minutes Dave. Then there is that white roofed restaurant just east of the bridge. You know the one, the seagull pearch.

#433171 - 05/07/08 11:18 AM Re: Alaska guide/lodge recommendation needed [Re: stever in everett]
Dave Vedder Offline
Reverend Tarpones

And don't forget the nastiest tittie bar in North America - Good Time Charlie's.

#433236 - 05/07/08 05:06 PM Re: Alaska guide/lodge recommendation needed [Re: ]
fish4brains Offline
Dah Rivah Stinkah Pink Mastah

Loc: zipper
For a day of walking around and sightseeing, drive to Homer.

#433240 - 05/07/08 05:30 PM Re: Alaska guide/lodge recommendation needed [Re: ]
Bucket/Good Sport Offline
Kitsap's Crankiest Contractor

Loc: Poulsbo
 Originally Posted By: stam
oh yeah, Dale...piscatorial pursuits (bob and corey) can and will line it all up for you.

good luck...let us know how it goes.

My recommendation for soldotna is to eat at the chineese joint on the north end of town at least once, I think rolling stone magazine voted it one of the top in north america.

Did Stam say Chinese----I second that one, good food.
Coho lake cabins--great place ta stay!

#433246 - 05/07/08 05:55 PM Re: Alaska guide/lodge recommendation needed [Re: Bucket/Good Sport]
SalmonBuster Offline
Smolt

Thank's guy's! \:\) I'm looking forward going to Alaska. I will talk to my Grandfather tonight and see if he can call Bob and Corey to book us a trip. I'm having a fiberglass reproduction of the largest chinook that I get on my trip. Don't worry I will let the spawning chinook's go after some quick pic's and measurement's. I'm keeping some saltwater coho's for the table though. I plan on bringing home some salmon (coho's and maybe sockeye's), halibut (I'll let the big one's go), lingcod, rockfish, and razor clam's. I will check out the chinese food place your talking about. I will stop by Fred Meyer's. I'll check out Homer too.The place I'm for sure to stop by while in Soldotna is Ken's Alaskan Tackle. I've been wanting to go there for some time. I'll keep you posted on how thing's go. Tight line's, Dale (SalmonBuster)

#433254 - 05/07/08 06:39 PM Re: Alaska guide/lodge recommendation needed [Re: ]
Dave Vedder Offline
Reverend Tarpones

Originally Posted By: Dave Vedder
And don't forget the nastiest tittie bar in North America - Good Time Charlie's.

there's your next book Mr. Vedder...

a compilation of tittie bars and a ranking system to go along with them......

being a novice I would rank the panamanian tittie bars just a touch above portlands......

Damn good idea Stam. Wanna help me do research. May be time for a new thread here. While I have no personal expirence I would rank the U.S. tittie bars this way:

Great Alaska Bush Company
Acroppolis

Best foriegn tittie bar

Josephinas - Panama City
No Name Manzanillo Mexico

Best bar - bar none Blue Marlin in S.J. Costa Rica

Edited by Dave Vedder (05/07/08 06:49 PM)

#433262 - 05/07/08 07:19 PM Re: Alaska guide/lodge recommendation needed [Re: Dave Vedder]
GBL Offline
Three Time Spawner

Loc: Yakutat
Don't forget to check out Yakutat and the Glacier Bear Lodge. You can do just about every type of fishing and sight seeing you want there.
http://www.glacierbearlodge.com

Dave--
Your new book? I will help with research although it is mostly hear say, I would have no first hand knowledge of these places!

Tahitian Queen in Pattaya, Thailand

Queen of Hearts in Phuket

Big Dogs in Bangkok

Rollovers in Pusan

Backdoor in Beijing

Rough-house in Shanghi

Pink Spot in Seoul

G-Spot and Rock Hard at Nana Plaza

Just cannot remember all the places I have been told about, but I think dave needs to visit some of these and confirm that they are good or "bad"

#433266 - 05/07/08 07:25 PM Re: Alaska guide/lodge recommendation needed [Re: GBL]
Dave Vedder Offline
Reverend Tarpones

I'm looking for an editor who likes the idea. I know Nick will accompany me, but doubt he will run the article. Prolaly would if he knew for certain that Frank would not hear of it.

#433267 - 05/07/08 07:27 PM Re: Alaska guide/lodge recommendation needed [Re: Dave Vedder]
GBL Offline
Three Time Spawner

Loc: Yakutat
LOL

#433292 - 05/07/08 09:19 PM Re: Alaska guide/lodge recommendation needed [Re: ]
sykofish Offline
I'm not short, I'm 'fun size'

Loc: Mulletville

My recommendation for soldotna is to eat at the chineese joint on the north end of town at least once, I think rolling stone magazine voted it one of the top in north america.

Don Jose's

Good food, and if you get to know the owner....a$$ kicking home made Tequila!

Rusty Bell

Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
Cameron D., FlyingFish, NEfishLdo, shinnecock1
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1138 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14489
Salmo g. 13526
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63783 Topics
645423 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |