Power Pro Shimano Reels G Loomis Rods

Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#815034 - 01/14/13 11:10 AM Rowing and Elbow problems, I might have a solution
Met'lheadMatt Offline
Spawner

If you are sitting on the sticks or at work and you elbow's continually hurt, ie tendonites or Ulnar problems. Have a message therpist do Cryo Therpy on them. It is deep tissue to relieve the tendon inflamation, It involves ice, and rubbing the tendon with the ice until it gt real cold, then hurts and aches and then finally goes numb. when totally numb, now it can be deep massaged, after a session or two and light use in between you will feel like new. Mine use to hurt so bad , I could not sleep at night, And now my wife does this and what a difference, No pain for months, just a refresher now and then, My next step was an Ulnar release (Surgery), Not needed now. If you have Elbow problems check it out. If you live close to Port Orchard and want it done at no cost, She has until March before she gets her Lic. So she can not charge until then. But she does many to perfect her craft. She is currently Board Certified. Then she will be off to Manuel Lymphatic drainage school, Which will become her focus.... Have a good one, Matt

#815117 - 01/14/13 07:37 PM Re: Rowing and Elbow problems, I might have a solution [Re: Met'lheadMatt]
D3Smartie Offline

Loc: Bainbridge Island WA
right on Matt.

This is a great solution to ulnar problems. I highly recommend you try the deep tissue if you experience elbow issues.

#815130 - 01/14/13 08:45 PM Re: Rowing and Elbow problems, I might have a solution [Re: D3Smartie]
blackmouth Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: right place/wrong time
Deep tissue massage: I like the sound of that, but skip the ice.

"So it goes." Kurt Vonnegut jr.

#815182 - 01/14/13 10:11 PM Re: Rowing and Elbow problems, I might have a solution [Re: blackmouth]
Salmo g. Online   content
River Nutrients

Ice is key. I have tennis elbow and have been soaking mine in ice water for years. That and ibuprofen keeps the inflamation manageable.

Sg

#815184 - 01/14/13 10:14 PM Re: Rowing and Elbow problems, I might have a solution [Re: blackmouth]
RUNnGUN Offline
Repeat Spawner

I will give it try. Have been iceing diligently but have not been resting enough. Been bothersome since Nov. Ready for some professional help. will try some deep massage when frozen numb. No way could do that without numbness.

#815186 - 01/14/13 10:18 PM Re: Rowing and Elbow problems, I might have a solution [Re: Salmo g.]
Met'lheadMatt Offline
Spawner

Sg, get it so cold it goes numb and have your spouse do a deep tissue massage, along the length of the tendon where numb. No longer will you need Ibuprofern. I use to eat it like candy, not any now for months.

Blackmouth, If it is inflamed you will not be able to sit there for as deep as she would go without the ice numbing it first...

#815242 - 01/15/13 02:06 AM Re: Rowing and Elbow problems, I might have a solution [Re: Met'lheadMatt]
Magicfly Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Pasco Bulldog country
This is huge, and thanks for posting.

Last Nov. while having my left arm operated on....the OPS talked me into a Cortozone shot in my right elbow.....Lasted 5 weeks and the pain came back. But because I've been off rehabbing for 2 1/2 months it's tolerable.

Mf

"Go hard, today Can't worry the past, coz that yesterday". GO COUGS!!!

#815245 - 01/15/13 04:12 AM Re: Rowing and Elbow problems, I might have a solution [Re: Magicfly]
eyeFISH Offline
Ornamental Rice Bowl

I got PT friends that tell me cross fiber massage across the stretched tendon is the ticket.

Why not hit it all the touted mechanisms at once..... ice, deep massage, cross fiber... using just the ice block to deliver all three elements?

"If you don't kill them, they will spawn." (Carcassman)

The Keen Eye MD
Long Live the Kings!

#815358 - 01/15/13 06:06 PM Re: Rowing and Elbow problems, I might have a solution [Re: eyeFISH]
Met'lheadMatt Offline
Spawner

Rubbing with the ice block makes it first feel cold then hurt then ache and burn then goes numb, deep with-in, Then she messages first along the tendon deep, This forces the blood out that is in the enflamed muscle tendon area, then she does cross fiber message as your friends mentioned, If ever I can feel what she is doing, I get the ice treatment again.... It has to be very numb or it is very painful... But it works.

#815379 - 01/15/13 07:18 PM Re: Rowing and Elbow problems, I might have a solution [Re: Met'lheadMatt]
RUNnGUN Offline
Repeat Spawner

Did it last night. Felt great until having to use it some today during normal work. I think rest is a big key to keep the inflammation/pain down. Even writing hurts! Will keep it up and try to rest or limit use. Damn, fishing this week, will have to grit and bare it!

#815396 - 01/15/13 08:23 PM Re: Rowing and Elbow problems, I might have a solution [Re: RUNnGUN]
Met'lheadMatt Offline
Spawner

Just ice it today, and then a massage again tommarrow. But if you can rest it and ice it the next day and then one more little rub. it will be good. Might be good if you have monday as a holiday to rest this weekend

Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
Fish_Hunter14, George Montain, mochoman, RPetzold, Sparkey, steelheadfisher
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
2 registered (NOFISH, 1 invisible), 317 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 27837
Dan S. 16958
Sol Duc 15727
The Moderator 13941
Salmo g. 13394
eyeFISH 12606
STRIKE ZONE 11969
Dogfish 10878
ParaLeaks 10363
Jerry Garcia 9013
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63785 Topics
645440 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |