Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#984122 - 01/24/18 07:18 PM Commissions Turn to Prove Support for Transparency
Bay wolf Offline
Repeat Spawner

Loc: Graham, WA
URGENT!
SHARE THIS WITH EVERYONE.
EVERYTHING WE’VE WORKED FOR COMES DOWN TO THIS.

IF YOU WANT TO HAVE ANY CHANCE AT OPEN, FAIR AND EQUITABLE FISHERIES, YOU MUST ACT NOW!!

The Commission will be discussing on a conference call our request to CONVERT THE NORTH OF FALCON POLICY TO A WAC (Washington Administrative Code) on 2 Feb at 8:30 AM, FOLLOWED BY A VOTE.

THERE WILL BE NO PUBLIC INPUT ALLOWED ON THE CALL, SO YOU MUST LET THEM KNOW YOU SUPPORT THIS BEFORE THE CALL!
IF THEY VOTE NO, WE HAVE LOST!

THERE IS NO HOPE OF ANY MANDATE FOR OPEN MEETINGS. ALL OUR WORK COMES DOWN TO THIS!

EVERYONE MUST WRITE THE COMMISSION AND TELL THEM TO APPROVE THE CONVERSION!
THEY WILL MONITOR THE NUMBER OF PEOPLE, SO WE MUST HAVE A TREMENDOUS TURN OUT BOTH IN SUPPORT LETTERS AND PEOPLE LISTENING ON THE CALL!!

WE CANNOT STRESS HOW IMPORTANT THIS IS!!
Write an email to the Commission:
commission@DFW.WA.GOV

Call in and get a pin to be on the call: (360) 902-2267

PLEASE SHARE THIS POST!

Conf. Call Agenda, Convert NOF policy to a WAC

1Sgt U.S. Army (Ret)

#984123 - 01/24/18 07:32 PM Re: Commissions Turn to Prove Support for Transparency [Re: Bay wolf]
steeleywhopper Offline
Juvenile at Sea

Loc: snohomish county
Email Sent!

#984125 - 01/24/18 08:07 PM Re: Commissions Turn to Prove Support for Transparency [Re: Bay wolf]
Cozmo Offline
Smolt

Loc: Ballard, Wa
Conversion? Conversion of what?

#984128 - 01/24/18 09:11 PM Re: Commissions Turn to Prove Support for Transparency [Re: Cozmo]
Bay wolf Offline
Repeat Spawner

Originally Posted By: Cozmo
Conversion? Conversion of what?

Converting the North of Falcon from a policy (which is advisory) to a WAC (Washington Administrative Act) which is a rule, and therefore binding.

1Sgt U.S. Army (Ret)

#984142 - 01/25/18 08:24 AM Re: Commissions Turn to Prove Support for Transparency [Re: Bay wolf]
GodLovesUgly Offline
Repeat Spawner

Loc: WaRshington
Sent.

Thank you for your continued diligent efforts, BW.
I want to be a fisherman.

#984145 - 01/25/18 10:12 AM Re: Commissions Turn to Prove Support for Transparency [Re: Bay wolf]
paguy Offline
Juvenile at Sea

Sent.

#984147 - 01/25/18 11:03 AM Re: Commissions Turn to Prove Support for Transparency [Re: Bay wolf]
redlodge Offline
Fry

Loc: Kirkland
If we change NOF from advisory to WAC is this binding on the treaty tribes.

#984149 - 01/25/18 11:20 AM Re: Commissions Turn to Prove Support for Transparency [Re: redlodge]
DrifterWA Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: East of Aberdeen, West of Mont...
Originally Posted By: redlodge

I'm thinking the tribes march to the beat of their own drum !!! I'd guess NO....

"I thought growing older, would take longer"

#984151 - 01/25/18 11:30 AM Re: Commissions Turn to Prove Support for Transparency [Re: redlodge]
Bay wolf Offline
Repeat Spawner

Originally Posted By: redlodge

Drifters guess is how we read it also. NO. As sovereign governments, they would not be subject to the WAC. It would however apply to the Department, and as a rule they could not ignore it as advisory. But we are putting the cart before the horse. First, we need the Commission to agree to the conversion. Then starts the process of CR101, CR102 etc, and thats where we can start the discussion on who the rules apply and to what the rules will address. You see, in that process, there is Public Input sessions, and that is where we need to be active and strong!

1Sgt U.S. Army (Ret)

#984153 - 01/25/18 11:35 AM Re: Commissions Turn to Prove Support for Transparency [Re: Bay wolf]
stonefish Online   content
King of the Beach

Loc: Carkeek Park
Email sent.
SF

#984203 - 01/25/18 04:54 PM Re: Commissions Turn to Prove Support for Transparency [Re: Bay wolf]
redlodge Offline
Fry

Loc: Kirkland
I think there are three things that we have to recognize with this problem with the
salmon. To me the most important is to get the general public highly involved in
what is going on. Most do not have a clue. Second, we have to regonize the fact that in Puget Sound there is no recovering the wild fish that will support what
we want to use the fish for. Third is to gain leverage on the tribes to bring them
under control. There are in the process of taking over control of the state of
Washington political enviroment one little piece at a time.

#984216 - 01/25/18 06:04 PM Re: Commissions Turn to Prove Support for Transparency [Re: Bay wolf]
LocalTalent Offline
Juvenile at Sea

Done.

#984239 - 01/26/18 07:12 AM Re: Commissions Turn to Prove Support for Transparency [Re: Bay wolf]
Great Bender Offline
Juvenile at Sea

Loc: Hood Canal
Message sent with emphasis.

#984249 - 01/26/18 10:26 AM Re: Commissions Turn to Prove Support for Transparency [Re: Bay wolf]
IrishRogue Offline
Poon it! Poon it! Poon it!

Loc: Yarrow Point
It's interesting, I don't believe it's actually binding on the Tribes, but it would presumably be binding on the STATE participants. Interesting.

But Baywolf, I went and read the policy draft and don't see ANYTHING which will change the transparency you are looking for. There's language about "striving" to improve communications, and including observers in "appropriate" meetings, but nothing at all binding. Am I missing something?

Edited by IrishRogue (01/26/18 10:33 AM)

#984250 - 01/26/18 10:33 AM Re: Commissions Turn to Prove Support for Transparency [Re: Bay wolf]
Bay wolf Offline
Repeat Spawner

I just got a tally
There have only been 70 support messages received at the Commission office!

There are over 675 views on this post, and all we can muster is a few people to take the time to send in a short email urging the commission to vote "yes".

OK Here is an example, and a link to send a message:

Commissioners,

As a stakeholder I urge you to vote "YES" on the proposed conversion to the North of Falcon Policy to a WAC. Recent events have shown that using advisory policies are insufficient as instructions to the Department. Please, vote YES and start the process with a CR101 immediately.

Here is a link to send this to the Commission:

Send a message to the Commission

1Sgt U.S. Army (Ret)

#984252 - 01/26/18 10:56 AM Re: Commissions Turn to Prove Support for Transparency [Re: Bay wolf]
muley77 Offline
Fry

Loc: Snoho
sent. Thanks for your effort in this.

#984254 - 01/26/18 11:10 AM Re: Commissions Turn to Prove Support for Transparency [Re: IrishRogue]
Bay wolf Offline
Repeat Spawner

Originally Posted By: IrishRogue
It's interesting, I don't believe it's actually binding on the Tribes, but it would presumably be binding on the STATE participants. Interesting.

But Baywolf, I went and read the policy draft and don't see ANYTHING which will change the transparency you are looking for. There's language about "striving" to improve communications, and including observers in "appropriate" meetings, but nothing at all binding. Am I missing something?

Within the conversion process is a series of steps. CR101, CR102 etc. It is within the CR102 that the Commission will take public input for the making of the rule. It is then that we MUST again RALLY the troops and insist that transparency be written into the WAC! Believe me, I wish this was an easier process. We've been spending our lives the last year and a half on this. The power players DON'T want change, and they are very powerful indeed. Our power comes from our numbers and our all pushing in the same direction. It's like herding cats though. Everyone is very easily distracted and there are sooo many issues in our fisheries to get distracted with.

If we have any hope at all of breaking the secret meetings open, it starts with the conversion...if it dies, we die!

1Sgt U.S. Army (Ret)

#984327 - 01/27/18 11:00 AM Re: Commissions Turn to Prove Support for Transparency [Re: Bay wolf]
Old Crab Offline
Alevin

Loc: Hood Canal
Message sent! Don

#984368 - 01/27/18 03:00 PM Re: Commissions Turn to Prove Support for Transparency [Re: Bay wolf]
Bay wolf Offline
Repeat Spawner

Thanks to everyone who’s sent in an email or message supporting this. With every person we grow stronger.

1Sgt U.S. Army (Ret)

#984395 - 01/27/18 09:17 PM Re: Commissions Turn to Prove Support for Transparency [Re: Bay wolf]
bushbear Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Sequim
Done.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
1 registered (steely slammer), 820 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13525
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63780 Topics
645398 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |