Three Rivers Marine

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#1053870 - 07/15/21 06:16 PM MA 9/10 Reports - 2021
The Moderator Offline
The Chosen One

Loc: Tuleville
Post reports if you feel like sharing. You don't have to be overly specific.

I'll be out at Possession running some Tomic plugs for the opener. If that don't work, I'll drown a Herring Aid Coho Killer for a bit. Hoping there's more feeder fish at Possession than last year at this time.

Fingers crossed for a good season!

Good luck to all of you MA 9-10'ers and go get 'em!!!!

#1053872 - 07/15/21 06:46 PM Re: MA 9/10 Reports - 2021 [Re: The Moderator]
Streamer Offline
No Stars for You!

Loc: T-Town
If area 11 is any indication, there should be a few resident fish around with a few ocean migrants in the mix. You guys should do well.

#1053891 - 07/15/21 09:51 PM Re: MA 9/10 Reports - 2021 [Re: The Moderator]
bushbear Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Sequim
Fish are coming through MA 5 and 6. MA 5 has been so good that the state is closing the Chinook season at 12:01 a.m. Monday. They're at 78% of their quota. Hopefully, there's enough cushion that the coho/pink season can run its course. MA 6 is at an estimated 33% of its quota. Good luck to the MA 9/10 anglers

#1053949 - 07/16/21 03:10 PM Re: MA 9/10 Reports - 2021 [Re: The Moderator]
RUNnGUN Offline
Repeat Spawner

Fished Craven on the incoming from daylight to the 9:20 change. 1 bite 1 keeper nook around 10#. Never saw another net fly for at least 50 boats. Ran up to Midchannel for the outgoing, no bites for us but saw quite a few netted, most small…pinks? Left there and heard it turned on later. Buddies did better at Possession and No Pt. earlier. Gathering intel for tomorrow.

#1053950 - 07/16/21 03:34 PM Re: MA 9/10 Reports - 2021 [Re: The Moderator]
The Moderator Offline
The Chosen One

Team Nimble Whale limited the boat (4) in MA9 (Possession) and picked up a dozen hard keeper crabs in the pots. Nothing hot by any means, but we managed to get one fish that was an honest 19 lbs on a scale and the rest were your typical Puget Sound footballs.. A ton of small black mouth and one or two resident coho rounded out the trip. Fish wanted nothing to do with the Tomics, didn't seem to care at all about the Killer of Cohos but seeemed to key in on spoons. Didn't really see to many legit keepers getting pulled out the water, but I know some people had success there too.

Heard good reports up and down river from us, so I'm going to agree what streamer said. Some fish to be had with more new fish moving in.

Already seems to be a much better season that last year - at least in terms of getting fish to bite.

I think Team Nimble Whale is going to move upstream and fish some unchartered waters for the crew. May reach out to a couple of you (certain Mod) if we seem to be wallowing in sucktitude by choosing to fish someplace new (for us).

I better not see a pink tomorrow, let alone hook or land one!

Just because I've always loved to include photos with my reports, here's a classic Bleeder Bucket photo with the 19. Gotta love it when the tail sticks WAY out of the bucket!!!!

Shameless Plug: I got to try out the Simon 360 Breakaway/Bumpers and so far, have really liked them. They are easy to install, easy to setup and easy to fish. Why fight the flasher when you don't have too? So nice not to fight that stupid flasher. I would highly recommend taking a look at them in your future for both here in your local waters and down at B10 or on the columbia with the kicker/360 flashers:

https://hawkenfishing.com/collections/360-breakaways-bumpers

#1053964 - 07/16/21 05:30 PM Re: MA 9/10 Reports - 2021 [Re: The Moderator]
bobrr
Unregistered

Originally Posted By: elparquito
Team Nimble Whale limited the boat (4) in MA9 (Possession) and picked up a dozen hard keeper crabs in the pots. Nothing hot by any means, but we managed to get one fish that was an honest 19 lbs on a scale and the rest were your typical Puget Sound footballs.. A ton of small black mouth and one or two resident coho rounded out the trip. Fish wanted nothing to do with the Tomics, didn't seem to care at all about the Killer of Cohos but seeemed to key in on spoons. Didn't really see to many legit keepers getting pulled out the water, but I know some people had success there too.

Heard good reports up and down river from us, so I'm going to agree what streamer said. Some fish to be had with more new fish moving in.

Already seems to be a much better season that last year - at least in terms of getting fish to bite.

I think Team Nimble Whale is going to move upstream and fish some unchartered waters for the crew. May reach out to a couple of you (certain Mod) if we seem to be wallowing in sucktitude by choosing to fish someplace new (for us).

I better not see a pink tomorrow, let alone hook or land one!

Just because I've always loved to include photos with my reports, here's a classic Bleeder Bucket photo with the 19. Gotta love it when the tail sticks WAY out of the bucket!!!!

Shameless Plug: I got to try out the Simon 360 Breakaway/Bumpers and so far, have really liked them. They are easy to install, easy to setup and easy to fish. Why fight the flasher when you don't have too? So nice not to fight that stupid flasher. I would highly recommend taking a look at them in your future for both here in your local waters and down at B10 or on the columbia with the kicker/360 flashers:

https://hawkenfishing.com/collections/360-breakaways-bumpers

Did you use them with a dropper weight or downrigger? I'd be interested in downrigger applications.

#1054035 - 07/18/21 07:56 AM Re: MA 9/10 Reports - 2021 [Re: The Moderator]
stonefish Offline
King of the Beach

Loc: Carkeek Park
Got my first rezzie coho of the year off a popular beach yesterday. Lost two other decent fish. Not the best tides but decent water movement.
Had a couple good size schools of sandlance swim by me while fishing which was promising.
Good amount of boats out. Looked like a 50/50 mix of mooching/jigging and trolling. Only saw the net fly a few times.
Lots of upside down spinning reels, but it is an odd year so that is to be expected. Speaking of odd years....a few slime rockets where reported being caught yesterday in MA 9.
SF

#1054078 - 07/19/21 09:46 AM Re: MA 9/10 Reports - 2021 [Re: The Moderator]
summerrun Offline
Dude, where's my boat?

Loc: Seattle
Lit up A10...biggest confirmed King at Shilshole per checker;) 22, 10 n two coho one pushing 6 7 lbs...not many netz flying but find the bait, find the fish. Cheers

#1054080 - 07/19/21 10:11 AM Re: MA 9/10 Reports - 2021 [Re: The Moderator]
Sky-Guy Offline
The Tide changed

Loc: Everett
Water is going to be greasy flat all week, go get them whilst you can! You never know how long your small window of opportunity will last in this day and age.

I fished with IrishRogue on the opener like we do every year. We fished Maxwelton on the incoming and literally had our first fish on when the downrigger ball hit the bottom for the first time that morning. Bonk! ok, good way to start the day. We weeded through a couple shakers for 30 minutes and had our second fish on a plug I threw down to keep those shakers off.

Done by 7.

Saturday, I had T-Rip, NickD90 and my brother out. 0600 to 1200 We got blanked for the day which was surprising given results the previous day. Calling around to a lot of good fishermen, That was the story for the whole of the fleet in South MA9 until the fish started biting mid afternoon. Morning was a bust ( there was also a huge barometric pressure spike overnight), though we did C&R a sweet 22ish Line burner of a nate mid morning. Thankfully crabbing remains decent.

Hope to be out a few nights this week.
Cheers all! beer

#1054096 - 07/19/21 12:27 PM Re: MA 9/10 Reports - 2021 [Re: The Moderator]
The Moderator Offline
The Chosen One

Saturday was tough for us. Team Nimble Whale was less than nimble and less than motivated so we went South to a secret spot. Oddly enough, there must have been every charter boat there. Place was stupidly packed and not many nets were flying.

We limited the boat again......on resident silvers. Couldn't touch a legal king to save our butts. Did get another boat limit of crabs.

I didn't make it out on Sunday, but Team Nimble Whale was back up at Possession and when I called in mid morning, not a whole lot was going on.

Heard reports of a confirmed 30 checked at the dock and hear rumors of a 40 as well. I'd love to see a photo of the 40 if that's true.

Should be some excellent afternoon/evening tides this week. As Sky-Guy said, get out and get 'em while you still can!

I've got meetings all week and a baseball tournament in P-Town this weekend so I'm out of the game until early next week.....if MA10 is still open.

#1054097 - 07/19/21 12:35 PM Re: MA 9/10 Reports - 2021 [Re: The Moderator]
Todd Offline
Dick Nipples

Loc: Seattle, Washington USA
Beautiful Saturday morning, first bite was a barely legal Chinook that we let go...and that was our only keeper for the day. As Sky-Guy noted, we did get to shake hands with a serious ass whooper of an unclipped hen, one of the better fights I've experienced in a bit.

The bucket full of crabs made for a very nice dinner, though!

Fish on...

Todd

Team Flying Super Ditch Pickle

#1054180 - 07/20/21 08:00 AM Re: MA 9/10 Reports - 2021 [Re: The Moderator]
RUNnGUN Offline
Repeat Spawner

Sat. headed So. to Posession. Buddy limited there the day before. Dead all morning till the outgoing started after 11. Most had left. Both boats hit fish and limited on the long troll before the wind came up. Sunday chose a closer area for the AM outgoing and banged 2 nates first thing then nothing. Headed in early with 0. No mid teeners or larger for all of us. Mature fish seem smaller every year.

#1054195 - 07/21/21 08:08 AM Re: MA 9/10 Reports - 2021 [Re: The Moderator]
GodLovesUgly Offline
Repeat Spawner

Loc: WaRshington
It's been spotty for most I think. We limited the boat on the opener on Posession with one fish in the high teens 17-18lb and another good one about 14. Lots of small fish I would say a mix of blackmouth and what looks to be migratory jacks. Hopefully there's a wave of bigger fish on the back end of all the jacks pushing in. Additionally I hope that folks kick loose those little bastards so we can keep the season open!
I want to be a fisherman.

#1054203 - 07/21/21 09:59 AM Re: MA 9/10 Reports - 2021 [Re: The Moderator]
20 Gage Offline
Returning Adult

Well you guys musta been keeping everything up north as yesterday morning’s MA 11 adventure truly sucked for us. We got out at day lite, fishing from Redondo. Fished the last few hours of the out, and the first couple hours of the in tide. I’m telling ya, the weather sucked, with the breeze blowing pretty good till after the tide changed. Maybe saw 10 other boats, and they were scattered from Browns to 3 tree.

Not A Bite.
Didn’t see a net, and the three other boats that came off the water when we did, were all skunked....

Cold and wet, but going again tomorrow.
Cheers

#1054363 - 07/23/21 06:38 PM Re: MA 9/10 Reports - 2021 [Re: The Moderator]
stonefish Offline
King of the Beach

Pretty good coho fishing this morning.
I think we hooked up nine decent fish between two of us plus one humpster. Saw lots of jumpers out in the rips which I assume were pinks. Surprising the unclipped to clipped ratio on the coho this early in the season.
I wonder were those unclipped fish came from or are headed?
Lots of sandlance around. Fun to see the eats as the fish track the fly in on the retrieve.
Never changed flies all day. Chartreuse over pink clouser on a type 3 line. Lots of fun on a 6 wt.
SF

#1054431 - 07/26/21 09:57 AM Re: MA 9/10 Reports - 2021 [Re: The Moderator]
Sky-Guy Offline
The Tide changed

Loc: Everett
PNP was really good last few days on the outgo. Deep rods picked up the king limit, and during the process a diver and bait picked up the coho.

#1054539 - 07/27/21 05:08 PM Re: MA 9/10 Reports - 2021 [Re: The Moderator]
The Moderator Offline
The Chosen One

MA 10 gave up a true taped/weighed 25 pounder this morning.

#1054794 - 07/30/21 12:47 PM Re: MA 9/10 Reports - 2021 [Re: The Moderator]
The Moderator Offline
The Chosen One

MA 10 was sloooooooooooow for us yesterday. Heard of a few unclipped fish caught, but I only saw one "legit" 5lb dark lake king being put in the boat.

Still plenty of resident coho's around and the charter fleet is hammering on them.

Love watching the clients walk off the boat with a sandwich bag of fillets.

#1054810 - 07/30/21 03:51 PM Re: MA 9/10 Reports - 2021 [Re: The Moderator]
stonefish Offline
King of the Beach

#1054820 - 07/31/21 04:38 AM Re: MA 9/10 Reports - 2021 [Re: The Moderator]
Smalma Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Marysville
A word of caution - The date on the link provided by stonefish is the date the numbers were posted not the date of the latest estimate.

I believe it is the case that the those MA 9 numbers reflect the fishery impacts through Sunday July 25. Obviously there has been impacts since then.

Curt

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
Skate
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
1 registered (1 invisible), 1317 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13523
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63779 Topics
645378 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |