Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#1060306 - 08/18/22 04:52 AM Historical Stocking Reports
seabeckraised Offline
Juvenile at Sea

Loc: Mason County
Found a paper online about the Skokomish Watershed that includes a little info on the history of that river as well as hatchery efforts. I was curious if anyone knows where I can find historical info regarding hatchery efforts on any of the other rivers along the Hood Canal. I know some of the western canal rivers were planted with out of basin Chinook decades ago, but I’m more curious about the eastern Hood Canal streams. Dewatto, Tahuya, Big Beef, Union, etc.

Appreciate any help!

#1060307 - 08/18/22 07:37 AM Re: Historical Stocking Reports [Re: seabeckraised]
Carcassman Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Olema,California,Planet Earth
WDF produced, in the 70s I believe, records of stocking. Should be available. WDG went one better. They had cards for each body of water in the state with its fish history. What was stocked, when they were stocked, catch monitoring on many. A treasure trove.

I know, though, that fish were also moved around in small groups for studies and such and may not have been recorded. Sometimes, too, the wrong lake (it was generally lakes) were stocked when airplanes were used to drop fish in.

The data was there when I was working; I hope it has been retained.

#1060308 - 08/18/22 07:41 AM Re: Historical Stocking Reports [Re: seabeckraised]
Carcassman Offline
River Nutrients

There is something to consider about records. Back in the 50s Canada was trying to introduce Pink Salmon into the western Arctic (Hudson Bay) and maybe the western Atlantic. They held the fish in a hatchery on one of the Great Lakes. Apparently, and unknown to anyone, a few hundred escaped. From that escape the Great Lakes were colonized. We know, even now, that fish may be reared in one place for release elsewhere but some may leak out. "Probably" not an issue.

#1060309 - 08/18/22 02:54 PM Re: Historical Stocking Reports [Re: seabeckraised]
seabeckraised Offline
Juvenile at Sea

Loc: Mason County
It’d be awesome to get ahold of those, for any river, really. I’m gonna email the HC Biologist and see if they’re aware of any records they have on hand.

#1060311 - 08/18/22 08:11 PM Re: Historical Stocking Reports [Re: seabeckraised]
Carcassman Offline
River Nutrients

Let us know. I'll check some more.

Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
Skate
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1442 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13523
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63779 Topics
645378 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |