LURECHARGE!

THE PP OUTDOOR FORUMS

Kast Gear!

Power Pro Shimano Reels G Loomis Rods

Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#407044 - 01/22/08 10:27 PM Optio & Stylus reports from Hawaii ...
Bob Offline

Dazed and Confused

Loc: Forks, WA & Soldotna, AK
Still don't have any pix ready to send up, you'll have to wait a day or so more ;\)

Just as an FYI ... the Optio WP30 I bought in the spring sprung a leak on about day two in the pool. Caught it quick and all survived. Dried it out completely and lent to the 6 year old niece to shoot away with for the rest of our stay before I sen it back when I get home.

Found a Stylus 790 at local OfficeMax for not too bad of a price ... so bought one to shoot underwater for the rest of our stay. Worked great yesterday at Big Beach for Rowan's first true "day at the beach".

Hopped in the water at Molokini Crater this morning and it started acting funny ... soon enough, you could see drops in the corner of the screen. Card survived with yesterday's pix, but camera did not. OfficeMax replaced with a new one this afternoon ... we'll keep the fingers crossed.

The Optio leak was the very first issue I've had with water in it ... hopefully this new Stylus will fare a little better than the first. Since there's always lots of talk on these ... I thought I'd pass it along \:\)

"You CANNOT fix stupid!"

#407063 - 01/22/08 11:45 PM Re: Optio & Stylus reports from Hawaii ... [Re: Bob]
The Moderator Offline
The Chosen One

Loc: Tuleville
Nice.

Took my FujiFilm F40 along for the boat ride on Saturday. Not only was it in a neoprene case, but I tucked it away in a SIMMS waterproof bag.

At the end of the day, the pocket of the SIMMS bag was full of water and the camera was soaked.

I power dried it with a hair dryer and let it dry for 2 days and it seems to still be working.

I swear, someone doesn't want me to own a FujiFilm F40. That's the 2nd one I've drowned. Fortunately, this one survived.

D'oh!

#407084 - 01/23/08 12:45 AM Re: Optio & Stylus reports from Hawaii ... [Re: The Moderator]
GBL Offline
Three Time Spawner

Loc: Yakutat
Bob--Where did it spring a leak? I had mine down to about 30 feet and it performed well, I will keep an eye on it though. Would hate to get salt water in it, that would probably kill it for sure.
No problems yet but it is a couple years old so anything can happen.

Edited by GBL (01/23/08 12:46 AM)

#407087 - 01/23/08 12:56 AM Re: Optio & Stylus reports from Hawaii ... [Re: GBL]
eyeFISH Offline
Ornamental Rice Bowl

Here's an interesting video I ran into while researching this camera on epinions:

click here for video

Here's the full written review:

click here for review

"If you don't kill them, they will spawn." (Carcassman)

The Keen Eye MD
Long Live the Kings!

Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
free time, greenlayoid, Kokanee Kids, Lisa Tyree, SpinyRay
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
3 registered (5000D, Carcassman, steely slammer), 616 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14489
Salmo g. 13526
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63783 Topics
645426 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |