Just back from fishing the N. Fk. Stilly a couple of days. Late this morning we walked into a hole and saw a guy pitching a spinner with a spin rod. When he saw us, he started acting all huffy, shaking his head and muttering angrily as he stomped off a short distance down river, then around us, and back up the trail, throwing a tantrum all the way. I caught little but a few F-bombs; my buddy and I were wary, but discussing the run.

We fished through it in a hour w/o a bump, and hiked back to the car. Lo! Some sort of caulk or putty had been smeared into all of my door locks, preventing entry. It's grey, somewhat pulpy, and had somewhat hardened, but we managed to scrape them free with a couple of poorly-tied flies.

While the vandalism ranks low on a scale of severity, the mindset of this individual boggles my gauges. He's 5'8" or so, heavyset (230-240 lbs?) and probably resides just upstream of the Hazel hole, as no other vehicle was present. Apparently, he doesn't prefer flyfishing, even in flyfishing-only waters. And woe betide the flyfisherman who interrupts his Sunday poaching!