Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#493249 - 03/05/09 02:23 PM WDFW Performance Audits Update
JohnQ Offline
Spawner

Loc: COF in the Upper Left Hand Cor...
Update rofl Now that's an oxymoron rofl From The Puget Sound Recreational Fisheries Enhancement Program Oversight Committee (RCW 77.105.160) held its quarterly meeting last night at the Lakewood Hatchery Complex. One of the topics on the agenda was the status of the WDFW Audit, a section of which is looking at the funding and expenditures of the program.

In December, we were told the draft report would be done by mid-January at the latest. Then the date was changed to February 1st. The date was changed again, based on one of the auditors having a family emergency to March 1st. We were advised by the program coordinator, Steve Thiesfeld that he had been in contact with Ms. Harriet Richardson who told him that the SAO has re-prioritized their work load and the audit completion has been moved down the list for completion. She did not a have date for when the report would be presented to WDFW for a review.

To say that we were and are frustrated with the inaction of the SAO would be an understatement. We want to be good stewards of the public money expended in the PSRFE Program. We’ve been waiting two years for the results of the audit. The state has spent $400,000, not counting SAO time, for what? The mis-management of this audit process leaves with little faith in the capabilities of the SAO to be a steward of our money. Deadlines for the contract were established, reports, of what quality we have no idea, were presented to the SAO, the private contractor was paid for most of their work and we’ve been waiting for the SAO to tell us, the public, what the results are. That hasn’t happened and it appears it is going to be a long time until we see anything.

Now for my personal thoughts. This has been an abomination to say the least. State Government Ineptiness and Arrogance. We elected this Moron by a very wide margin. We sure as heck got what we paid for. I sincerely hope that when Mr Sonntag comes up for re-election that each and every one of us remembers this partisan fiasco. And not only remember it, but more importantly educate your voting neighbors and local print media.

Do you all remember how quick the State was to fine those of us who did not turn in their Crab Catch Record Cards???? Ten bucks a head fine. The State estimated that those ten buck penalties would generate $1.3 million bucks to the State Coffers (a Financial Impact Analysis performed on all Bills and posted on the Legislature's website). That financial analysis further stated WDFW planned to hire 3 FTE's, one LE, and two statisticians for around $345,000. Makes yah wonder what they (the State) are going to do with the remaining $950,000???? That got me to thinking because thats what got me first interested in the CRC $3 fee and the legislative restriction. That restriction clearly states without any latitude for interpretation, that the CRC $3 fee can only be spent on developing and operating the Sports caught Dungeness crab counting process to enable the WDFW to more accurately allocate between Sports Caught Crab and Commercially Caught Crab. Now you all have to ask your self, "If that $1.3 million bucks penalty fees are directly as result of the CRC, why isn't the $1.3 million bucks penalty have the same legislative restriction????"

In these slashing budgets times, make us CRC Fee Payers wonder Where Will The $1.3 million bucks Be Spent/Squandered????? Please remember this crap next time you step into the voting booth, or like me make out my mail in ballot.

[Rant Off] boy I feel better now

AuntyM -- What Crab Audit???? Not That POS Senior AssHat Published!!!!

Hey Mr Childers, have you corrected that Scofflaw Spreadsheet Yet?????

#493262 - 03/05/09 02:52 PM Re: WDFW Performance Audits Update [Re: JohnQ]
Todd Offline
Dick Nipples

Loc: Seattle, Washington USA
Wow...guess we'll have to hire an auditor to audit the auditors.

Fish on...

Todd

Team Flying Super Ditch Pickle

#493287 - 03/05/09 03:32 PM Re: WDFW Performance Audits Update [Re: Todd]
bushbear Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Sequim
John - the fine hasn't started yet. As I read the WAC, they can't implement it until December

WAC 220-56-175

(b) Effective December 1, 2009, and thereafter, failure to return a Dungeness crab catch record card or to report the Dungeness crab catch record card information at the designated internet site by the dates indicated on the card will result in a ten-dollar administrative fee. The administrative fee will be collected from anglers when they acquire a subsequent Puget Sound Dungeness crab endorsement.

Edited by bushbear (03/05/09 03:40 PM)

#493345 - 03/05/09 06:29 PM Re: WDFW Performance Audits Update [Re: ]
DrifterWA Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: East of Aberdeen, West of Mont...
mmmmmm kinda like the feeling I get whenever I go to a WDFW Region 6 meeting.........Not really sure they understand they work in a job that is funded by the "tax payers of Washington State".

Good thing there is a not a "public vote or comment" or a report card given on what the taxpayers feeling is getting done.....Could be Region by Region!!!!

"I thought growing older, would take longer"

#493352 - 03/05/09 06:40 PM Re: WDFW Performance Audits Update [Re: ]
slabhunter Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Sheltona Beach
M, I agree. I purchased my 2009 license and said no to the PS crab fee. No opportunity for sportfishers in the lower Canal, so why pay this tax?

#493356 - 03/05/09 06:56 PM Re: WDFW Performance Audits Update [Re: slabhunter]
R W B Offline
Juvenile at Sea

Loc: Graham, Washington
There is no good reason that these "Non Producers" (defined as one whose sole source of income is puplic funds/taxes) shouldn't be held accountable. They work for us!! In the private secter they would be in the unemployment time so fast! Excuses are for loosers!
Problem is that over time everyone forgets just how sorry they are and by election time voters line up like sheep and pull the lever for what sounds good at the time. I beleive CCA has the key to change. That is money and political leverage. Hopefully they will be able to keep a better tally for us when it comes time vote etc. Let hope so!! Just my $.02.

#493372 - 03/05/09 07:31 PM Re: WDFW Performance Audits Update [Re: ]
JohnQ Offline
Spawner

Loc: COF in the Upper Left Hand Cor...
AuntyM -- It is my understanding that the SAO actually paid the contractor MGT out of the General Fund and not WDFW (original contract approved up to $440,000 and the invoices I have seen are within $4,000 of the approved amount). Is there any way to find out whether or not that is true, partially true, partially false, or just plain false??? I also understand that the SAO had 5 highly paid FTE's in the SAO complete the audit. Again, any way to confirm and the number and time duration they spent. You know me by now, I want to total up the damages and broadcast brodcast broadcast until the next election cycle.

Also as reported (verbally) last night, the SAO auditors had multiple follow ups with WDFW Shellfish staff, and each time the questions seemed to focus on Rationales for Allocations. That seemed to worry Childress quite a bit as well as it should.

AuntyM -- What Crab Audit???? Not That POS Senior AssHat Published!!!!

Hey Mr Childers, have you corrected that Scofflaw Spreadsheet Yet?????

Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
Skate
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1384 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13523
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63779 Topics
645378 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |