LURECHARGE!

THE PP OUTDOOR FORUMS

Kast Gear!

Power Pro Shimano Reels G Loomis Rods

Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#640984 - 12/06/10 02:29 PM Lack of Pink Worm Success on Idaho Rivers?
{IDAHO}SHKID Offline
Fry

I know this is mainly a WA based forum but I've been a lurker for quite some time and have noticed that quite a few of you wetsiders venture over to the clearwater from time to time. My query is you guys seem to do pretty well on the P.W. over there but here the fish just seem to flat out ignore it here. I typically keep a few with me and have caught 1 Idaho fish on a P.W. and it was on a day when everybody was catching. I understand different rivers have different baits that flat out hammer em and you take it to the river nextdoor and they wont touch it. Any of you WA guys ever have any sucess on the P.W. over here?

#640986 - 12/06/10 02:32 PM Re: Lack of Pink Worm Success on Idaho Rivers? [Re: {IDAHO}SHKID]
OPfisher Offline
The Golden Boy

Loc: wa/ak
try sizing down, and using duller colors?

http://www.olympicpeninsulaoutfitters.net/
http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Olympic-Peninsula-Outfitters/

#640991 - 12/06/10 02:51 PM Re: Lack of Pink Worm Success on Idaho Rivers? [Re: OPfisher]
Rossiman Offline
Spawner

Loc: Monroe, WA
Pearl white, purple, or my favorite "Nightmare worms from Kramertackle" they have a pink head and black body. Like OP said, don't use the 6 inch worms up there. Downsize and use more subtle colors, the 3 and 4 in worms are golden...
{IDAHO}SHKID, your right and I have noticed it to. "B" run fish don't typically seem as aggressive for worms as Washington steelhead. It is not a technique i employ a lot up there... but when there not biting, ill throw them out there and give it a whirl and often pull out a fish or two for my efforts. Some of my guide buddies up there, have been having success with the pearl white worms from Madrivers this fall. They use them in conjunction with a painted leadhead under a 11g float.

Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
Schmidtm, schmidty, Spinhead
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
1 registered (Carcassman), 332 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13526
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63781 Topics
645410 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |