Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#649360 - 12/31/10 01:31 AM Proposed and Planned Point No Point Boat Launch
N W Panhandler Offline
Three Time Spawner

Loc: Bremerton, Wa.
This is a copy of an email that I have sent to some of our elected officials, wdfg, fwcommission and anyone else I could think of. This stinks. If you have an interest, now is the time to send your emails as if all goes as planned by some, this will be a nonissue shortly. This ramp has been needed for a long time. Its my understanding that most of the people involved in the meetings on this issue were for it.

It would seem that we sportsmen of Kitsap County went to sleep some time ago expecting to wake up to a new boat launch that was planned, and funded and approved with an actual date for either completion or start, and then were rudely awakened to the fact that much had been going on behind the scenes by a small number of people that live in the immediate area, including a county commissioner, and here is WDFG about to sign off on an MOU that will give the property to the County and turn it into a launch for Kayaks. This has all been done with no notification to sportsmen from this area, and you wonder why we the people have so little faith in our government agencies. I write this email in the hopes that you will rethink what you are about to do, and continue with the boat ramp as planned. I understand that this is a bad time for the state coffers and if this project can not be built at this time as planned, hope that it could be continued into the future for completion when funding is better.

Chuck Gauthier
Member Kitsap Chapter CCA
Member Kitsap Poggi Club

#649427 - 12/31/10 11:39 AM Re: Proposed and Planned Point No Point Boat Launch [Re: N W Panhandler]
Phoenix77 Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Kent, WA
Have the made up thier minds the type launch will be built? E.g. a back down ramp of a rail type.

If you must burn our flag, Please! wrap yourself in it.
Puget Sound Anglers, So. King Co.
CCA SeaTac Chapter

I love my country but fear my government

#649492 - 12/31/10 05:20 PM Re: Proposed and Planned Point No Point Boat Launch [Re: Phoenix77]
N W Panhandler Offline
Three Time Spawner

This was planned as a full scale boat ramp, they are trying to turn it into an onimproved beach launch site for canoes and kayaks.........this was all done in the dark of the night while no one was looking.

#649888 - 01/02/11 10:56 PM Re: Proposed and Planned Point No Point Boat Launch [Re: N W Panhandler]
N W Panhandler Offline
Three Time Spawner

I find it odd that there is no interest on this board over the Point No Point boat ramp, just one more loss to Kitsap Sportsmen, just like the Misery Point launch on the Hood Canal.. This launch was approved with a start date this past summer, and I believe killed by some nearby residents and one Kitsap County Commissioner while it was out of sight and out of mind. You still have a few more days to comment to your fish and wildlife commission, the director wdfg, and your elected officials. If you are a kitsap sportsman and this ticks you off, please do something and lets hear from you..........thanks......chuck g

#649960 - 01/03/11 02:32 AM Re: Proposed and Planned Point No Point Boat Launch [Re: N W Panhandler]
mikey b Offline
Returning Adult

could you post the e-mail addresses please?

#649989 - 01/03/11 11:44 AM Re: Proposed and Planned Point No Point Boat Launch [Re: N W Panhandler]
Phoenix77 Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Kent, WA
I was not aware that the Misery Point launch on the Hood Canal, got screwed up, too, DARN!

If you must burn our flag, Please! wrap yourself in it.
Puget Sound Anglers, So. King Co.
CCA SeaTac Chapter

I love my country but fear my government

#650092 - 01/03/11 04:43 PM Re: Proposed and Planned Point No Point Boat Launch [Re: Phoenix77]
N W Panhandler Offline
Three Time Spawner

Please send your emails .........thank you

Kitsap County Commishioners
jwbrown@co.kitsap.wa.us
cgarrido@co.kitsap.wa.us
sbauer@co.kitsap.wa.us.

Washington department of Fish and Game
director@dfw.wa.gov
Michele.culver@dfw.wa.gov

Fish and Wildlife Commission
commission@dfw.wa.gov

23rd District
Rockerfeller.phil@leg.wa.gov
Sherry.appleton@leg.wa.gov
Christine.rolfes@leg.wa.gov

26th District
Kilmer.derek@leg.wa.gov
Jan.angel@leg.wa.gov
Larry.seaquist@leg.wa.gov

#650093 - 01/03/11 04:45 PM Re: Proposed and Planned Point No Point Boat Launch [Re: N W Panhandler]
mikey b Offline
Returning Adult

why the hell would you need a boat launch to put a kayak or canoe in the water?

#650099 - 01/03/11 04:57 PM Re: Proposed and Planned Point No Point Boat Launch [Re: mikey b]
N W Panhandler Offline
Three Time Spawner

it would be a parking lot with access and make the locals happy, now start typing

#650218 - 01/03/11 11:13 PM Re: Proposed and Planned Point No Point Boat Launch [Re: N W Panhandler]
bushbear Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Sequim
Was there any Dingell-Johnson money used by WDFW in the acquisition/development (if any) of the property. If so, there might be some issues that would need to be resolved concerning diversion of federal funds if the property is transferred to another agency.

http://wildlifelaw.unm.edu/fedbook/djact.html

#650697 - 01/05/11 01:45 PM Re: Proposed and Planned Point No Point Boat Launch [Re: bushbear]
N W Panhandler Offline
Three Time Spawner

Good news, it looks like the Point No Point launch site has been put on hold agreed to by WDFG and Kitsap County pending further stakeholder meetings........Thanks to all that helped...........chuck g

#650741 - 01/05/11 03:54 PM Re: Proposed and Planned Point No Point Boat Launch [Re: N W Panhandler]
Fast and Furious Offline
River Nutrients

Advocacy works when we are involved.

#650813 - 01/05/11 07:06 PM Re: Proposed and Planned Point No Point Boat Launch [Re: Fast and Furious]
ned Offline
Spawner

Loc: MA 5, 9, 10
To me, it seems like a waste of money to proceed how they were. After all, any fit person can launch a canoe or kayak at PNP how it is now. Sure, a more convenient access with more parking would be nice, but at what $$ cost? Years ago, when Chris Endresen was involved, I thought they were looking at putting it in by the Hansville General Store. This would illeviate the concerns of big trailers on the PNP lighthouse road, and also support the store that is struggling to survive. There is already enough traffic + parking problems at the lighthouse, so why not distribute the access points. The area near the store provides plenty parking, distributes access points so the lighthouse area is not taxed more, and the slope of the beach at the store location is better for launching. Also note is there is no launch for emergency rescue near PNP. Eglon is 3-4 miles south, but the launch is no good at low tide. They need a launch at PNP because that is where all the people go. The county cited Salsbury Park and Edmonds as sites designated to launch emergency response, even though the FD is 2 miles north. ??
Thanks Chuck for prompting action and awareness.

#650840 - 01/05/11 08:13 PM Re: Proposed and Planned Point No Point Boat Launch [Re: ned]
N W Panhandler Offline
Three Time Spawner

There was good response to this by all sporting groups in Kitsap Area and when the new stakeholder meetings are called we will do what we can to get out the word........stay tuned now

#650889 - 01/05/11 10:28 PM Re: Proposed and Planned Point No Point Boat Launch [Re: N W Panhandler]
Larry B Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: University Place and Whidbey I...
Chuck - Is anyone planning on speaking to this issue during the Commission meeting scheduled for this Friday/Saturday? At least to express concern and obtain some sort of response as to its status ON THE RECORD!

It's the person who has done nothing who is sure nothing can be done. (Ewing)

#650961 - 01/06/11 03:05 AM Re: Proposed and Planned Point No Point Boat Launch [Re: Larry B]
Fast and Furious Offline
River Nutrients

quick, nominate Chuck. moose

#651033 - 01/06/11 02:15 PM Re: Proposed and Planned Point No Point Boat Launch [Re: Fast and Furious]
N W Panhandler Offline
Three Time Spawner

We have all emailed the fish and wildlife commission, so they do know about this issue. The lead on this issue is Norm Reinhardt, President of the Kitsap Poggie Club, and all the sporting orgs in Kitsap County are involved on some level. I believe that Kitsap County and WDFG have agreed to further stakeholder meetings so at least we know our voices will be heard. The frustration here is that this was a done deal with a start date that first was sabotaged by a small group of people and we did not even know it was happening, also last year the legislature raided boat ramp money.......enough said for the moment.

#652320 - 01/10/11 12:02 PM Re: Proposed and Planned Point No Point Boat Launch [Re: N W Panhandler]
Hatch Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Poulsbo, Wa
A quick update, and a thank you to NWP and everyone else involved in getting this back on the table.
http://www.kitsapsun.com/news/2011/jan/09/plans-for-point-no-point-boat-launch-put-on-hold/

Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
cfinlip, Fishbait, gkohler
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
0 registered (), 669 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 27837
Dan S. 16958
Sol Duc 15727
The Moderator 13941
Salmo g. 13394
eyeFISH 12606
STRIKE ZONE 11969
Dogfish 10878
ParaLeaks 10363
Jerry Garcia 9013
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63786 Topics
645450 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |