Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#651027 - 01/06/11 01:46 PM Kauai Fishing
Brant Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Seattle
Has anybody fished in Kauai? Going to be there in March and it would be fun to get out. Any advice on charters would be appreciated.

#651030 - 01/06/11 02:02 PM Re: Kauai Fishing [Re: Brant]
Wild Chrome Offline
Spawner

Loc: The Tailout
I went in February several years ago with this charter on the south side:
http://www.deepseafishingkauai.com/dsfkcaptains.html

Overall good experience, though we didn't get anything big the day I was there. Big water off Kauai! Also, Capt. Jude said spring/summer is better off Kauai. Winter tuna run smaller, less of them. Good luck.

#651082 - 01/06/11 05:36 PM Re: Kauai Fishing [Re: Wild Chrome]
Elkman Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Anchorage, AK U.S.A
We went out of a charter there back in aug.05 during our honey moon. i know we stayed in Kappa a, but can't remember the name of the charter. I caught only a 20lb tuna.

One thing to remember is that the boat owns the fish in HI.... so talk with the captain if you want some of the catch.

It is one cool place.

#651237 - 01/07/11 08:38 AM Re: Kauai Fishing [Re: Elkman]
fishenfool Offline
Spawner

Loc: DASHPOINT
My wife and I are going to Kauai June 22nd thru July 6th, and I will be bringing Fly rod and fishing from shore but hope to hook up with someone to fish the big water. Staying at Kauai Beach Resort near airport. not sure where the Marina is located, but I will find it

#651949 - 01/09/11 01:15 AM Re: Kauai Fishing [Re: fishenfool]
Mergantroider Offline
Professional Tveecher

Loc: Oahu, HI /Olympia, WA
i live on oahu. good fishing on all other islands. Bonefish are only on molokai and oahu...oahu having ALOT more flats. ive heard of bones caught in kauai. kauai also has the only river in all the islands. rainbows are planted in it and can grow to 20" or better...saltwater fishing is excellent

#652072 - 01/09/11 05:55 PM Re: Kauai Fishing [Re: Mergantroider]
tydy Offline
Juvenile at Sea

Loc: Snohomish.,Wa.
The trout fishing in Waimaia Valley is good. Not very many people know this, nor would expect trout fishing in Hawaii. Talk to locals in Poipu area for guiding. Spouting horn area good for surf casting. Be Careful of sneaker waves here!!! Don't go exploring on your own in jungle, lots of local Pakalolo grow ops.

#652435 - 01/10/11 05:04 PM Re: Kauai Fishing [Re: tydy]
Lucky Louie Offline
Carcass

Kai Bear is the boat my wife and I and two other couples went out of Nawiliwili harbor. I remember the crew talking about how good the summer months are for marlin. So I’d check out how the fishing should be in March. We went out in Sept. a couple of years ago and 1 blue marlin was caught along with 2 mahi mahi. Fishing began less than ½ Hr. out of the harbor and looking at the Island we could see where the opening shot of Jurassic park was taken.
On the way back we trolled almost to the harbor break water. I’d do it again if we were there during the prime Marlin fishing time.

Other attractions on Kauai they have a lot of scenic things like their grand canyon, kayaks on the river, trout fishing and peacock bass (ask the guides), golf courses, and of course all the beaches around the Island.

No you can’t have my rights---I’m still using them

#652902 - 01/11/11 01:14 PM Re: Kauai Fishing [Re: Lucky Louie]
Brant Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Seattle
Thanks for the input guys. Looks like I have some fun choices to make.

#653069 - 01/11/11 09:03 PM Re: Kauai Fishing [Re: Brant]
minesgold Offline
Parr

Loc: Burlington WA
I,m going Febuary 1st, fishing with Real Hawaiian Fishing there isn't a deck hand the ad says for people that don't mind getting fish slim on their shorts...... I will let you know when I get back on how it went.

FISH ON!

#662513 - 02/12/11 07:57 PM Re: Kauai Fishing [Re: minesgold]
minesgold Offline
Parr

Got back from Kauai 1/6 fished with Hawaiian Style Fishing out of Kapaa we spent 8 hours caught 4 skip jack tuna biggest 18lbs, 3 Cobia biggest 60lbs and one reef shark about 100 smaller boat had a great time, if you want more information PM me.

#662564 - 02/13/11 12:26 AM Re: Kauai Fishing [Re: minesgold]
Mingo Offline
Three Time Spawner

Loc: Kona, Hawaii
Originally Posted By: minesgold
Got back from Kauai 1/6 fished with Hawaiian Style Fishing out of Kapaa we spent 8 hours caught 4 skip jack tuna biggest 18lbs, 3 Cobia biggest 60lbs and one reef shark about 100 smaller boat had a great time, if you want more information PM me.

If you caught cobia in Hawaii, then you are the first person to ever do so. Are you sure you didn't get some other species? Maybe Kahala (amberback) ??

#662586 - 02/13/11 08:19 AM Re: Kauai Fishing [Re: Mingo]
minesgold Offline
Parr

your right it was a amberjack not sure where I got cobia from thanks for catching that. Going to Kauai wasn't on my hit list of places I wanted to go I went to make the little woman happy. After being there I am already planning to go back something about 75 degrees in Feb. and deep blue ocean with bottom fish that will jerk you out of the boat...
FISH ON

#662596 - 02/13/11 10:31 AM Re: Kauai Fishing [Re: minesgold]
Mingo Offline
Three Time Spawner

Loc: Kona, Hawaii
Originally Posted By: minesgold
your right it was a amberjack not sure where I got cobia from thanks for catching that. Going to Kauai wasn't on my hit list of places I wanted to go I went to make the little woman happy. After being there I am already planning to go back something about 75 degrees in Feb. and deep blue ocean with bottom fish that will jerk you out of the boat...
FISH ON

a 60 pound amberjack in Hawaii is one hell of a nice catch, congrats! beer

Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
Skate
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
1 registered (seabeckraised), 1310 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13523
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63779 Topics
645378 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |