Three Rivers Marine

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#690100 - 06/21/11 02:47 PM Positive results with selective fishing gear
boater Offline
Three Time Spawner

Loc: common sense ave.

#690155 - 06/21/11 05:08 PM Re: Positive results with selective fishing gear [Re: boater]
SBD Offline
clown flocker

Loc: Water
Norman said during a presentation to the Northwest Power and Conservation Council.

Yup the folks that paid for the HSRG report and are currently doing buisness under the watchful eye of a Federal Judge should be excited!

Edited by SBD (06/21/11 06:23 PM)

There's a sucker born every minute

#690569 - 06/24/11 01:14 AM Re: Positive results with selective fishing gear [Re: SBD]
Fast and Furious Offline
River Nutrients

SBD,

Feel free to come up with the PERFECT PLAN.

#690575 - 06/24/11 01:45 AM Re: Positive results with selective fishing gear [Re: Fast and Furious]
SBD Offline
clown flocker

My plan wouldn't involve convincing a bunch of people they're saving the last wild fish and then diverting those impacts to big energy projects. There's a reason the BPA can't fart without Redden giving his stamp of approval.

#690651 - 06/24/11 05:36 PM Re: Positive results with selective fishing gear [Re: SBD]
SBD Offline
clown flocker

http://www.cbbulletin.com/410161.aspx

Here you go LB your dream is one step closer to reality and I'll bet the NWPC greases this right through legislation.

#690687 - 06/24/11 09:59 PM Re: Positive results with selective fishing gear [Re: Fast and Furious]
boater Offline
Three Time Spawner

Originally Posted By: Lead Bouncer
SBD,

ban non-tribal commercial fishing in the main stem, experiment with weirs on streams and rivers, make the lower columbia into a sportfishing destination instead of ruining it.

#690690 - 06/24/11 10:10 PM Re: Positive results with selective fishing gear [Re: boater]
Fast and Furious Offline
River Nutrients

Originally Posted By: boater
SBD,

ban non-tribal commercial fishing in the main stem, experiment with weirs on streams and rivers, make the lower columbia into a sportfishing destination instead of ruining it.

A lot of people would support that. Getting it past the legislature and the governor in both states is a tall order.

#690692 - 06/24/11 10:23 PM Re: Positive results with selective fishing gear [Re: Fast and Furious]
stlhdr1 Offline
BUCK NASTY!!

Loc: Vancouver, WA
SBD,

A lot of people would support that. Getting it past the legislature and the governor in both states is a tall order.

If anyone can do it, CCA can...... rofl

Nah, stick with the F'd up plan you're already working on....

Oh and by the way, did you know that the Summer Chinook of the CR system isn't even a defined natural spawn/natural origin population. Natural production is being driven, for all intents and purpose, by hatchery production individuals.

And the stocks aren't ESA listed.

Yet this stupid group you stand so tall to defend got together petitioned (called it a win) and now we can't keep the one's with adipose fins... Idiots... Did you see the plant clip rates for this years return? Nearly 60% were clipped.....

It's a crying shame...

Keith

#690700 - 06/24/11 11:11 PM Re: Positive results with selective fishing gear [Re: stlhdr1]
Fast and Furious Offline
River Nutrients

It will take more than one group. When its done, you should spread your contempt around evenly. The only one calling it a win is you. If anything, its the most honest report of putting together an initiative that didnt get a vote, so it had to be reworked. Coincidently, the cowboys were able to pull that off in the past as well. Round 2 is in effect. Dont forget several groups signed on to remove the netters from the main stem. Bitch all you want. Its all you ever do. I dont care.

#690851 - 06/26/11 02:45 PM Re: Positive results with selective fishing gear [Re: Fast and Furious]
boater Offline
Three Time Spawner

Getting it past the legislature and the governor in both states is a tall order.

if they are ok with what you clowns are trying to do then anything is possible

#690888 - 06/26/11 06:47 PM Re: Positive results with selective fishing gear [Re: boater]
Somethingsmellsf Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Ahhhhh, damn dog!
Didn't take long for this one to start circling the bowl.

In before the lock!

Fishy

The idea of a middle class life is slowly drifting away as each and every day we realize that our nation is becoming more of a corporatacracy.

I think name-calling is the right way to handle this one/Dan S

We're here from the WDFW and we're here to help--Uhh Ohh!

#690913 - 06/26/11 09:48 PM Re: Positive results with selective fishing gear [Re: Somethingsmellsf]
boater Offline
Three Time Spawner

Originally Posted By: Somethingsmellsf

In before the lock!

Fishy

you should set up a meeting and have the topic be "how the commercials are making sport fishing better by taking more fish" since thats what you believe, heck i`d come just to hear what you guys are thinking, it would be interesting.

#690918 - 06/26/11 10:26 PM Re: Positive results with selective fishing gear [Re: boater]
SBD Offline
clown flocker

Remember the true value in the sports industry is not catching a fish but trying to catch one.... thumbs
Plus this will help reduce that 9 Billion trade deficit in seafood and more impacts for the Power Industry to help keep the frying pans hot. Doesn't sound like a hard plan to sell to the cash strapped states to me.

#690941 - 06/27/11 12:25 AM Re: Positive results with selective fishing gear [Re: boater]
Somethingsmellsf Offline
River Nutrients

In before the lock!

Fishy

you should set up a meeting and have the topic be "how the commercials are making sport fishing better by taking more fish" since thats what you believe, heck i`d come just to hear what you guys are thinking, it would be interesting.

Or we could all stand around and biatch about everything hoping that everything turns out as an altruistic major shift in marine conservation. You know, tear down all the dams, move to a hut in the mountains and tear down all the houses,tear up all the pavement and infrastructure that we've spent the last 200 plus years building and watch for Utopia to begin again.

Of course real people have to wake up and face reality in the morning.

Gillnets out of ALL Washington waters!

Fishy

Edited by Somethingsmellsf (06/27/11 12:26 AM)

The idea of a middle class life is slowly drifting away as each and every day we realize that our nation is becoming more of a corporatacracy.

#690966 - 06/27/11 09:28 AM Re: Positive results with selective fishing gear [Re: Somethingsmellsf]
boater Offline
Three Time Spawner

In before the lock!

Fishy

Or we could all stand around and biatch about everything hoping that everything turns out as an altruistic major shift in marine conservation. You know, tear down all the dams, move to a hut in the mountains and tear down all the houses,tear up all the pavement and infrastructure that we've spent the last 200 plus years building and watch for Utopia to begin again.

Of course real people have to wake up and face reality in the morning.

Fishy

i asked a specific question and then you go off in another direction, very typical.

#690969 - 06/27/11 10:00 AM Re: Positive results with selective fishing gear [Re: boater]
Somethingsmellsf Offline
River Nutrients

I saw another slam by someone predisposed to making them, trying to masquerade a statement without an actual intelligent question in sight.
Whining and crying foul when we won't take you seriously while you throw insults and continue this miasma diatribe.

Fishy

#690991 - 06/27/11 11:57 AM Re: Positive results with selective fishing gear [Re: Somethingsmellsf]
Todd Offline
Dick Nipples

Loc: Seattle, Washington USA
Problems with delivery and sarcasm aside...a question like...

"how the commercials are making sport fishing better by taking more fish" since thats what you believe, heck i`d come just to hear what you guys are thinking, it would be interesting."...

...is a very intelligent question, one that a lot of folks, including me, would love to hear an answer to...the prevailing opinion of many sure seems to conform with that idea.

Fish on...

Todd

Team Flying Super Ditch Pickle

#691010 - 06/27/11 01:41 PM Re: Positive results with selective fishing gear [Re: Todd]
Somethingsmellsf Offline
River Nutrients

Why should any one group put on such an event?

So that it can be derided by divisive people that want you to change your plan to suit their particular vision? That seems to be what has gotten us here to begin with, absolutely no cohesion and everyone wants to protect their little water way.
I'd like that too but my little piece of water is Puget Sound and it sure would be nice to get the nets out of my home water.

If any of you want to have any true input on this subject I am sure that those carrying the weight would welcome the support and by doing so would lend credence to your having a say on how things turn out.

No one will recognize any question if asked in a sarcastic, derogatory manner by someone doggedly determined to be divisive while standing on the sidelines and not rolling up his sleeves to pitch in with the hard work.

Gillnets out of ALL Washington waters.

Fishy

#691013 - 06/27/11 01:57 PM Re: Positive results with selective fishing gear [Re: Somethingsmellsf]
Todd Offline
Dick Nipples

Loc: Seattle, Washington USA
No need to have an "event"...though it would be refreshing for those who think that the commercials taking more fish will result in better sportfishing...which, surprisingly, seems to include quite a bit of folks...would utilize at least eighth grade algebra to see that they are exactly bassackwards.

"Selective Fishing" is a tool, not a panacea...you don't just use it everywhere because a handful of dipshits say it's always good.

Fish on...

Todd

Team Flying Super Ditch Pickle

#691015 - 06/27/11 02:05 PM Re: Positive results with selective fishing gear [Re: Todd]
RowVsWade Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Island Time
Selective fishing is only a pancea when applied to sportsfishers...

Evidenced by all the "wild" coho corpses in the ocean or by the orange buoys of Yelloweye corpses at C-square, bluedot, etc.

If you don't like our prices bring your wife down and we'll dicker.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
ET, kbrain57, OLYBEAV
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
2 registered (eddie, wolverine), 962 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14489
Salmo g. 13526
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63783 Topics
645418 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |