Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#944668 - 12/11/15 05:13 AM Mingo's tribute to Bev
Jerry Garcia Offline

Loc: everett
Reprinted with permission from Mingo

I want to thank all of you from the bottom of my broken heart for the incredible love and support you've given me since the tragic and unexpected death of my darling wife, Bev Culley Wasch. It has taken me this long to even be able to put these sentences together, so please forgive me if I ramble a bit. I've been blessed with the most incredible family a man could ever hope for. At age 56, I still have BOTH my loving parents, two AWESOME sisters who have been spoiling me with hugs, kisses, nonstop love and comfort food to the point that my pants are getting tight. I've been blessed with the best little brother I could ever hope for, my brother-in-law Brian, who has been my nonstop guardian angel since Bev passed. Brian and my sisters have held me in their arms when I wept like a tiny baby, supporting me and helping me with my grief as they dealt with their own. Giant thanks and hugs to my amazing cousins who took us all into their homes when we needed them most (and Christina and Gary, who are taking me in for a while in their Bellevue home while I figure out my living situation, you guys are the best! XOXO). Massive hugs and kisses to Bev's sister Keri and her husband (and my amazing friend) Mark, who took me home the night she passed and made sure I was safe. Huge hugs to Bev's sister Linda and her awesome husband Richard (who I'm lucky to call a great friend). Giant hugs of thanks to all my friends, who dropped what they were doing and drove and flew in from all over the country to attend her memorial and support me and my family. Thanks to my incredible boss and my managers, who blocked for me while I had to be away and are still protecting me by keeping the wolves at bay when I need some time to myself. Thanks to all my other friends for your nonstop calls, texts, messages, cards and e-mails. Those little nudges of support keep me upright when I want to collapse from grief, exhaustion and agony. Even when I can't answer, just know that I appreciate the support and love you are sending. My girl was never the wallflower who people might miss. She was larger than life despite being barely 5'3" and 115 pounds of sexy, sassy, gorgeous awesomeness. This is why we all are in pain. Her death has left a void in all our lives. So we must all continue to support each other. I have one favor to ask of each of you. Tonight, before you go to sleep, I want you to hold the person who means the most to you. Your spouse, kids, friends, whoever. Hold them longer than you normally do. Tell them you love them. Tell them how much you love them. And when they start to giggle and ask what is going on, hold them a few seconds longer. And then I want you to tell them that little extra squeeze was for Bev. Because that is exactly the legacy she'd want to leave behind. I never doubted for one single second how much she loved me. I never felt completely worthy of such selfless love...and for some inexplicable reason, she actually put the moves on ME first! She was generous, and kind, loving, and funny, goofy and a great listener. Even her Irish temper was cute and I'll always remember how she'd end a belly laugh with a cute little snort. She was incredible in a tiny bikini or an evening gown or yoga pants or while we were just chilling in our PJs watching TV. She was my whole world. My best friend. My inspiration, my fishing buddy, my party girl. My wife. God blessed me the day I met her. Every day that I got to wake up as her husband, I felt unbeatable, on top of the world. Cocky with a swagger at times. I even felt taller (and for me, that's quite a stretch). Rest well, my sweet darling girl. Say hi to Gabby, Gaga, Mum and the Chief for me. I love you so much more than I was ever able to express in words and I miss you terribly. Until we meet again...I'm yours forever.

Growing old ain't for wimps
Lonnie Gane

#944681 - 12/11/15 09:24 AM Re: Mingo's tribute to Bev [Re: Jerry Garcia]
Jason Beezuz Offline
My Waders are Moist

Loc: PNW
Thanks for your tribute Mingo. It helps those of us wondering and worrying about you to feel better.

I will do as you say.

Maybe it's amphetamines.

#944685 - 12/11/15 10:27 AM Re: Mingo's tribute to Bev [Re: Jerry Garcia]
STRIKE ZONE Offline
GOOD LUCK

Loc: Hobart,Wa U.S.A
Touching....RIP Bev. Hang in there Mingo.Good luck,

SZ

#944686 - 12/11/15 10:31 AM Re: Mingo's tribute to Bev [Re: Jerry Garcia]
DrifterWA Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: East of Aberdeen, West of Mont...
Feel your pain......been there....January 9,2011 my wife, mother of my 2 boys, grand mother to 5 grand kids, passed. Time does heal, the memories of the good times help make it thru the bad days.

Wish you the best.....

"I thought growing older, would take longer"

#944690 - 12/11/15 11:00 AM Re: Mingo's tribute to Bev [Re: Jerry Garcia]
WDFW X 1 = 0 Offline
My Area code makes me cooler than you

Some solid, beautifully written, advice Mingo.
I just placed a call to my wife.

This is easy for me to say, but from here forward it's up to you to create your future.
Honor her by making it amazing.

I wish you the best.

#944701 - 12/11/15 01:47 PM Re: Mingo's tribute to Bev [Re: Jerry Garcia]
eyeFISH Offline
Ornamental Rice Bowl

WOW... powerful words, touching tribute.

"If you don't kill them, they will spawn." (Carcassman)

The Keen Eye MD
Long Live the Kings!

#944702 - 12/11/15 02:14 PM Re: Mingo's tribute to Bev [Re: Jerry Garcia]
GutZ Offline
The Original Boat Ho

Loc: Bellevue
I, I've got something in my eye.
Good Luck Mingo.

#944708 - 12/11/15 02:48 PM Re: Mingo's tribute to Bev [Re: Jerry Garcia]
Kramer Offline
Spawner

Loc: GH & PA, WA
Wow. Praying for you, my brother Iv'e never met. As you said, I've got a wife and daughter to go hug... once I dry my eyes....

#944714 - 12/11/15 05:48 PM Re: Mingo's tribute to Bev [Re: Kramer]
Direct-Drive Offline
ExtenZe Field Tester

Loc: Vancouver, WA
You are one cool dude Mingo.
When times get tough, cool dudes stand out.

I think I have something in my eye.

#944736 - 12/12/15 09:24 AM Re: Mingo's tribute to Bev [Re: Direct-Drive]
fish4brains Offline
Dah Rivah Stinkah Pink Mastah

Loc: zipper
Wow. Haven't met you Mingo, but I have always looked forward to you sharing your adventures. I am terribly sorry for your loss. Even in these extremely hard circumstances, thank you for sharing again as it is a reminder to all of us to appreciate what we have.

#944741 - 12/12/15 11:22 AM Re: Mingo's tribute to Bev [Re: Jerry Garcia]
Carcassman Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Olema,California,Planet Earth
Sometimes I wonder why I keep coming back to PP after spending time on the Dark Side. This is why. Thanks Mingo; so sorry for your loss. Gotta go hug someone..................

#944787 - 12/13/15 07:51 PM Re: Mingo's tribute to Bev [Re: Jerry Garcia]
SideDriftin' Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Edmonds
That had to be one of the saddest and most touching posts I've ever read. So sorry for your loss. I can't even imagine what you're going through.

Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
Skate
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
1 registered (1 invisible), 1399 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13523
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63779 Topics
645378 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |