LURECHARGE!

THE PP OUTDOOR FORUMS

Kast Gear!

Power Pro Shimano Reels G Loomis Rods

Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#969497 - 12/07/16 06:00 PM New License Program, watch your $$$$$ fly away!!!
DrifterWA Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: East of Aberdeen, West of Mont...
WDFW prepares to launch new recreational licensing system
OLYMPIA –

The Washington Department of Fish and Wildlife (WDFW) will launch a new system later this month to sell fishing and hunting licenses and the Discover Pass.

"We are very excited to launch the new system," said Peter Vernie, WDFW's licensing division manager. "It will be more user-friendly than the current system and will provide a better experience for our customers and the many retailers who sell state recreation licenses."
Each year, WDFW sells about 2.5 million hunting and fishing licenses and related recreational permits, generating about $55 million for fish, wildlife, habitat management and enforcement activities that directly support recreational opportunities. Licenses are sold online, by telephone, and through a network of 600 business vendors across the state.

Vernie said WDFW will shut down the current system on the evening of Dec. 17 and will resume sales on Dec. 19. Licenses will not be sold on Sunday, Dec. 18, during the transition to the new system.
Hunters and anglers should be sure to buy their licenses before 6 p.m. Dec. 17 if they plan to be on the water or in the field the next day, he said.

"We appreciate our customers' and our retail partners' patience as we make this change," Vernie said. "We are doing everything we can to minimize inconvenience and to deliver a secure, functional system on December 19."

Vernie said licenses will be available in mid-January for the 2017-18 hunting and fishing seasons that begin April 1.

Hunters are also reminded to report their harvest online at WDFW's website or by calling 1-877-945-3492. The hunter reporting service will be unavailable during the transition, Vernie said.

"I thought growing older, would take longer"

#969500 - 12/07/16 06:07 PM Re: New License Program, watch your $$$$$ fly away!!! [Re: DrifterWA]
DrifterWA Offline
River Nutrients

The above is the beginning of the license increases for 2017-18.....

What needs to be questioned..."What do the sportsmen of Washington State get for the increases in license fees??????

I'm thinking.....SOS, and probably more of it. Sportspeople will see many of their dollars go for commercial benefit.......grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

#969578 - 12/09/16 06:59 AM Re: New License Program, watch your $$$$$ fly away!!! [Re: DrifterWA]
Carcassman Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Olema,California,Planet Earth
Used to be, at least for me, that I bought a license on the possibility that I'd go hunting or fishing. Which, of course, we did. Now, a license is purchased as part of package for a specific trip. Which is why all i bought so far was a deer tag for a two day trip.

That will be a change that I doubt has been factored into WDFW's whole program. Folks won't buy on "maybe" any more.

#969589 - 12/09/16 10:20 AM Re: New License Program, watch your $$$$$ fly away!!! [Re: DrifterWA]
bushbear Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Sequim
The Dept is moving their license sales program to a new vendor - it sounds like the new company is much better than the old one.

#969600 - 12/09/16 02:08 PM Re: New License Program, watch your $$$$$ fly away!!! [Re: DrifterWA]
NickD90 Offline
Shooting Instructor for hire

Loc: Snohomish, WA
Maybe I missed it, but our current licenses are still valid correct? Do we need to go get a new license printed or will our old ones still be acceptable in the field?

#969601 - 12/09/16 02:31 PM Re: New License Program, watch your $$$$$ fly away!!! [Re: bushbear]
stonefish Offline
King of the Beach

Loc: Carkeek Park
Originally Posted By: bushbear
The Dept is moving their license sales program to a new vendor - it sounds like the new company is much better than the old one.

Let's hope the new vendor has better security measures in place.
SF

#969602 - 12/09/16 02:36 PM Re: New License Program, watch your $$$$$ fly away!!! [Re: DrifterWA]
Carcassman Offline
River Nutrients

The license is valid to the date listed on it.

#969613 - 12/09/16 07:27 PM Re: New License Program, watch your $$$$$ fly away!!! [Re: DrifterWA]
Carcassman Offline
River Nutrients

This (17) will be the year to bump up the fees. It's a Pink Year and the rivers will be plugged with "anglers". Time for WDFW to roll in the money.

#969628 - 12/10/16 10:51 AM Re: New License Program, watch your $$$$$ fly away!!! [Re: bushbear]
DrifterWA Offline
River Nutrients

Originally Posted By: bushbear

That might be..... but I have to believe that the bottom line is a fast way to suck the sportsmen's dollars from their pockets....

bushbear...as you are in the know, do you see a positive move for sportsmen ??????

#969636 - 12/10/16 04:04 PM Re: New License Program, watch your $$$$$ fly away!!! [Re: DrifterWA]
Carcassman Offline
River Nutrients

Like not having the vendor hacked maybe.

#969642 - 12/10/16 11:01 PM Re: New License Program, watch your $$$$$ fly away!!! [Re: DrifterWA]
bushbear Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Sequim
It is my understanding that the new vendor is better than the old one. It will be interesting to find out, if we can, what fees the new vendor is charging and if there is a cost savings to WDFW. Security will always be an issue but, as we become more dependent on electronic data bases and sales, it is an issue that I think/hope the WDFW learned a bitter lesson on with the previous vendor.

#969654 - 12/11/16 11:55 AM Re: New License Program, watch your $$$$$ fly away!!! [Re: DrifterWA]
CedarR Offline
Repeat Spawner

Loc: Olympia, WA
Could fill up Husky Stadium with disgruntled fisher folks. Have them chant, "PAY MORE, GET LESS...PAY MORE, GET LESS! Kinda like the good ole days when that stadium would shake with shouts of TASTES GOOD, LESS FILLING. Probably want to do "the wave" too. It would be special...

#969677 - 12/12/16 08:57 AM Re: New License Program, watch your $$$$$ fly away!!! [Re: DrifterWA]
GodLovesUgly Offline
Repeat Spawner

Loc: WaRshington
Originally Posted By: DrifterWA

generating about $55 million for fish, wildlife, habitat management and enforcement activities that directly support recreational opportunities

Hahahahaha..... oh man that's a good one.

Edited by GodLovesUgly (12/12/16 08:58 AM)
I want to be a fisherman.

#969691 - 12/12/16 12:37 PM Re: New License Program, watch your $$$$$ fly away!!! [Re: DrifterWA]
Carcassman Offline
River Nutrients

The Commission has directed staff to do just that, manage for the folks who pay the freight. The kicker comes with hatcheries. Sporties, and/or mitigators, pay for them. IF the Commission tells WDFW that the sporties get the hatchery fish then reduction in production that does not benefit WA license paying sporties (AK, BC, OR, CA, NI Commercial, Tribes) somebody "else" will need to fund the hatcheries. That would be the General Fund. The same GF that can't fund education, mental health, etc.

Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
Schmidtm, schmidty, Spinhead
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
0 registered (), 337 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13526
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63781 Topics
645410 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |