Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#993676 - 09/17/18 03:03 PM Fisherman's attitudes make me not like fishing
thaxor Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Olympia, WA
"Fisherman's attitudes make me not like fishing" - This is a quote from my wife last Friday morning.

In an effort to get away from the crowds we experienced Wednesday and Thursday we sought solitude in a less popular area Friday. We took a leisurely approach that morning and people were already finishing up their day by the time we were launching.

Even in this less busy area the lack of courtesy at the ramp and sarcastic comments from guides and other fisherman to people obviously new to the sport left her feeling deflated. On a previous trip a kayaker and his son thanked us for simply being friendly and letting them know we were fishing for salmon. The guide boat that had just floated by had told him they were fishing for trout. It all makes for a pretty poor experience and I had to agree with her assessment.

Please remember to be courteous and kind. I definitely have my moments of impatience. I sure hope the attitudes never get so bad we don't get to share experiences like this anymore.

Solitude fish was the best of the trip.

Edited by thaxor (09/18/18 08:20 AM)

#993684 - 09/17/18 03:45 PM Re: Fisherman's attitudes make me not like fishing [Re: thaxor]
Todd Offline
Dick Nipples

Loc: Seattle, Washington USA
Nice fish!

Fish on...

Todd

Team Flying Super Ditch Pickle

#993718 - 09/18/18 09:31 AM Re: Fisherman's attitudes make me not like fishing [Re: thaxor]
Happy Birthday Swifty27 Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Tri-Cities, WA
Beautiful fish. Looks like a fun day.

Our quote from Saturday morning "We're about to make a bunch of friends!"

I love the excitement and chaos that accompanies salmon season. Sorry to hear a few people were already grumpy. It's only September! Way too early to be burned out. Try not to sweat the idiots.

Up here in Tri-Cities this weekend, we had one guy cut at the ramp after we helped another boat load and were running back to the truck. That was the worst of it. Otherwise, we got to see a boat stuck on an island, a 2 wheel drive truck try to pull a 20ft boat up a gravel ramp (unsuccessfully), a boat dump a Yeti cooler full of bait in the river when they hit the throttle, a 24ft hard top boat go up the ramp while half on the trailer (leaning sideways). I'm sure I'm missing a few other antics.

I hope you're back out there again soon.

#993751 - 09/18/18 05:27 PM Re: Fisherman's attitudes make me not like fishing [Re: thaxor]
NickD90 Offline
Shooting Instructor for hire

Loc: Snohomish, WA
A very good message that we can and should all abide by.

Keep her at it as best you can and the good SPORTSMEN and WOMEN will reveal themselves in short order.

#993759 - 09/18/18 07:46 PM Re: Fisherman's attitudes make me not like fishing [Re: thaxor]
eswan Offline
Juvenile at Sea

If you want to go to the most popular fisheries enjoy the trash that comes with it. It's too bad bad but if you want to seek out less popular destinations they're out there. Happy to see you guys bonked some fish and had a good time!

Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
Swifty27
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
0 registered (), 332 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13525
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63781 Topics
645402 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |