Lake Roosevelt Burbot (Freshwater Cod): Project Aims To Find Out How Many, Harvest Potential

The Colville Confederated Tribes got the go-ahead to continue development of a stock assessment that they hope will guide co-managers, including Washington Department of Fish and Wildlife and the Spokane Tribe, in managing fisheries for a “neglected” fish stock -- Lake Roosevelt burbot.

The Northwest Power and Conservation Council on Tuesday voted to continue its support for the project, first approved in 2012. The recommendation follows the submittal of a revised proposal based on analysis of burbot bycatch data recording during index netting of walleye in the reservoir and an assessment of that netting’s adequacy for making a burbot stock assessment.

The funding associated with the “Accord” project totals $1,499,375 in expense funds for Fiscal Year 2008 through 2017. The Fiscal Year 2014 expense budget for the project is $229,182 and has a performance period of March 1, 2014 to Feb. 28, 2015.

Accords or memorandums of understanding were in 2008 .... http://www.cbbulletin.com/432585.aspx

If you must burn our flag, Please! wrap yourself in it.
Puget Sound Anglers, So. King Co.
CCA SeaTac Chapter

I love my country but fear my government