Power Pro Shimano Reels G Loomis Rods

Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#105166 - 07/31/06 05:49 PM Off to New Brunswick
D3Smartie Offline

Loc: Bainbridge Island WA
I am off to Canada for 9 days to chase atlantic salmon and then off to R.I. for another week where i will hopefully find some stripers and blue fish. smile
My dad rose 12 salmon to the dry fly this morning. Hooked 6 and landed 3. smile I can;t wait.
good luck to all of you around here. it looks like it should be some good fishing.

#105167 - 08/01/06 03:56 AM Re: Off to New Brunswick
Ichtyoid Offline
Spawner

Loc: Olympia
Careful--Those East Coast people are totally out to lunch.

Enjoy your trip! smile

#105168 - 08/02/06 11:05 AM Re: Off to New Brunswick
Easy E Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Loc: Washington
Have a great trip and bring back lots of pics!

#105169 - 08/17/06 02:53 PM Re: Off to New Brunswick
D3Smartie Offline

Loc: Bainbridge Island WA
Ok well this is my first chance to get back to the computer, I am in the logan airport in Boston and have just finished 3 beers. After not drinking for about 3 weeks i am feeling pretty damn good.
SO the atlantic salmon fishing was pretty tough this year buit there were a lot of grilse which atleast kept the fishing interesting. I did not land a salmon for the first time in 5+ years and only hooked 2. The weather plays an important role in this fishery and the bright sun and warm weather did not help. Most of the fishing was using dry flies which is always fun, but also frustrating when you can see fish over 20 pounds ingorning your fly for days on end.

Unfortunately i did not take many pictures on this trip as i was much more intent on catching fish, but as usual it was a great time and it is always a wonderful place to visit.
After The Restigouche i flew down to Boston(which was a nightmare) and then drove to Newport RI. The fishing here was fantastic for Bluefish and striped bass. For the first 4 days or so the fishing was fantastic with large numbers of mixed schools chasing peanut bunker up onto the rocks. A chartruese and white clouser was the ticket and i landed many bass and stripers in those first few days. Then a storm came through and made the water very turbid. The fishing died off for the past couple days but was OK yesterday and this morning. I probably caught around 10 bass yesterday morning and then only 3 or 4 this morning before i had to leave for the airport.
I will post a few picks from RI when i get home.

#105170 - 08/17/06 05:54 PM Re: Off to New Brunswick
Steve R Offline
Fry

Loc: Seattle
David, welcome back. I just got back from a great family trip to Mexico. We went to Zihautanejo and caught lots of fish on the fly. I caught my first yellowtail, dorado, jack travalle and skipjack. The biggest was a 30 pound yellowtail that really put up a fight. Look forward to hearing more about your trip upon your return. I am hearing some interesting salmon reports on the sound.

Steve

Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
3 registered (Carcassman, darth baiter, stonefish), 1102 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13525
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63780 Topics
645396 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |