Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#126457 - 11/13/01 08:39 PM quest dsl?
fishinutt Offline
Parr

Loc: Tacoma
i know this isn't a fishing topic, but i think you guys could help.
does anybody have deluxe quest dsl(256-640k)? my brother got the regular quest dsl(256k) which doesn't impress me that much. when downloading larger files i find that my dail-up service isn't that much slower. thanks

#126458 - 11/14/01 12:55 AM Re: quest dsl?
posh II Offline
Returning Adult

fishinutt...I've had qwest deluxe for almost 2 years and had no problems until the red code virus
of July 19th. Was your brother with them prior to July 19th. It has been trouble off and on til lately (I do have a cisco) and I seemed to have 10 minute breaks with "cannot find the server". Most recently, I was told that I had the basic service..on for 2 hours and down for 10 minutes. Hello....I am paying deluxe prices. I had a permanent connection but since the nineteenth, when I logged on in the morning, I would get "line currently not available". Try again. Since my last phone call, I have a couple of new parts and I don't get that error message anymore. Have your brother call Qwest and check that speed. The tech # is available at all hours. They will tell you ANYTHING. Keep a record of time spent and ID #'s and what they tell you. OR...Go to the url below and see what you can find out. Hubby does not have DSL and his tested true for the "slow" award using that URL. Someone else might have a little more knowledge about those speed tests. Of course, all those tech people will tell you it's not them....bs. Time of day will still affect the browsing speeds...every one is on around 6-11:00 P.M. I most recently was rewarded ....they don't want me to call anymore.
My monthly bill is very high and I want all that I was promised.

http://www.dslreports.com/stest?loc=2

#126459 - 11/14/01 01:00 AM Re: quest dsl?
JacobF Offline
Spawner

Loc: Post Falls, ID
The speed could be determined by the distance to the central office. The farther away, the slower the speed. I'm about two miles away from mine and my max download speed is about 29k per second. I have friends that live closer who are on the same plan who get upwards of 90k per second.

#126460 - 11/14/01 01:46 AM Re: quest dsl?
Dave Jackson Offline
Spawner

Loc: Milwaukie, OR
If you're not wanting to run your own server and you have cable internet in the area then go with that. For the price cable is much faster than DSL.

If you have any other questions let me know.

#126461 - 11/14/01 09:19 AM Re: quest dsl?
rainycity Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Seattle
I`ve had Quest DSL for quite a while and I love it. Depending on how many people are online it varies between 384,000 and 512,000k.
The red code virus affected it some but the fix was very simple. I get quite a few MPG files sent to me and they download pretty fast. Before when I was on 56k I would download a song off the internet it would take 20 or more a minutes a song, with DSL I downloaded the entire Jethro Tull aqualung album in 17 minutes. Just my .02

#126462 - 11/14/01 11:05 AM Re: quest dsl?
fish4steel Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: yelm, wa
Rainycity, AQUALUNG??!! I KNEW there was something about you other than the fishing addiction laugh I suppose you downloaded CCR too eek Rock on.
Mike

#126463 - 11/14/01 12:09 PM Re: quest dsl?
rainycity Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Seattle
Fish4steel,
You bet, Everything I could find.
I`ll bring along a few "home-made" cd`s when we get out fishing.
If it`s good classic rock, I probably have it.
Just make a request, I`ll burn it. laugh

Moderator:  The Moderator 
Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
Chad Lee, fish_hunter, Grady 265, pimpinshrimp, Stew, xflyzguy
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
5 registered (DrifterWA, Krijack, darth baiter, 2 invisible), 447 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14489
Salmo g. 13526
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63783 Topics
645416 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |