Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#127898 - 11/24/01 10:12 PM PROCTOR CREEK
chumcatcher Offline
Fry

Loc: snohomish county
A friend and I were going to goof off at Proctor Creek this morning. When we arrived we found no trespassing signs posted by the Green Water Meadows Land Association(G.W.M.L.A.) stating that trespassers will be prosecuted. Now I know this has been a past subject on the board and it has been stated that this place is open to the public. I talked to a fellow fisher who was there this morning and in the past has had to deal with the sheriff. Does anyone have info as to who this access/property belongs to? I could go research property info if I have too but hope that someone here has some definitive info. I do not want to get jacked up by the sheriff.
By the way- WHERE IN THE HELL ARE THE PUPPIES?

Thanks
Chumcatcher

#127899 - 11/25/01 01:04 AM Re: PROCTOR CREEK
Kid Sauk Offline
I'm a freak'n CAKE

Loc: Almost on the beach
Chumcatcher,

The trail going into the riverbed at the mouth of Proctor Creek is indeed property of Greenwater Meadows Community. They own up to the OHWM and you can legally fish from the bank there during normal flows, however, you either have to trespass on Greenwater Meadows property to the west or Big Bend's property to the east to access the bar. I used to fish that spot back in the day and I have friends in Greenwater Meadows and Big Bend so I am hip to what's going on with that area. The reason the NO TRESSPASSING signs went up are just another fine example of land owners getting fed up with litter and vandalism. Mostly due to teenagers partying in the summertime. I'm sure that most fisherman like yourself, Chumcatcher, are good people and don't litter or cause problems but it sucks when a couple of idiots have to ruin it for everybody else. I am seeing more and more spots getting closed. Chalk one up to population influx. rolleyes

My name is Kiiiiiiiiiiiiiiddddd.....
KID SAUK!!!!!

#127900 - 11/26/01 12:04 AM Re: PROCTOR CREEK
chumcatcher Offline
Fry

Loc: snohomish county
Thanks much KidSauk for the info. I too have seen the litter down there as well as every other place along our rivers. If they own it they own it and it has to be respected. Some peoples children!

Tight lines,
Chumcatcher

#127901 - 11/26/01 02:48 PM Re: PROCTOR CREEK
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hey Justin, think about asking them if a group of responsible anglers will do a cleanup project they would in turn allow that group permission to fish there. It would be an interesting case to see what happens. If successful it could be an example of how to keep the trashers out, yet allow in responsible anglers.

Steve

Moderator:  The Moderator 
Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
Skate
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
2 registered (20 Gage, steely slammer), 1505 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13523
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63779 Topics
645378 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |