Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#127572 - 11/21/01 12:41 AM Gooose's Ark: Part II
Anonymous
Unregistered

rolleyes Okay river's really rising in the backyard and this stuff is comin down in sheets.
Hey whoevers in charge....please give it a rest frown . Breakin out the cordless drill and stihl to finish that Ark. So far got a white lab and black lab plus a 5x5 Bull elk and lead cow for crew. I'll remember to slap them skeeters. Probably be able to limit on them prime for the smoker gnarly chums off the front porch in the mornin before work. I ain't buyin that "rain happens" crap....I'm really beggin ya whoevers in charge please share this stuff with those who really need it? laugh

Gooose rolleyes

#127573 - 11/21/01 06:58 AM Re: Gooose's Ark: Part II
Anonymous
Unregistered

The handful of true droughts I've been thru seem to end in a long term deluge. You know the high water tricks.

#127574 - 11/21/01 01:33 PM Re: Gooose's Ark: Part II
bobbersdown Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Loc: Bellevue Washington
Hey Goose, new meaning for 'a river runs through it'? If you need help with sandbags you know where to come. Give me a sign.

#127575 - 11/21/01 02:01 PM Re: Gooose's Ark: Part II
Timber Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Stumpy Acres
RT's got a couple EMU's he'll give ya for your ark.. eek :p

#127576 - 11/21/01 02:10 PM Re: Gooose's Ark: Part II
Dogfish Offline
Poodle Smolt

Loc: McCleary, WA
Saw my first "wild emu" the other day down by Vader. If you really want to know where, I'll let you know. Unfortunately it is in a large open field without much cover for sneakin' or "gettin' to know" the emu a little better. Maybe you could use the cows for cover? I wouldn't know about that firsthand, just something I read about once in Penthouse's farm love edition. smile

Andy

They call me POODLE SMOLT!

The Discover Pass is brought to you by your friends at the CCA.

#127577 - 11/21/01 06:37 PM Re: Gooose's Ark: Part II
Fish Jesus Offline
Spawner

Loc: Tacoma
Get Randy to not take off the coconut bra when he does the rain dance.

FJ...out.

#127578 - 11/22/01 12:29 AM Re: Gooose's Ark: Part II
Anonymous
Unregistered

Heard about them Emu's ....are they good to eat?
I've gonna have plenty of elk...though that lead cow is gonna be tough...good sausage and burger.

FJ if ya know someones doing a rain dance....grrr!
Coconut bra? This guy wouldn't be from Oregon would he? You hear rumors of strange goins on down there...pink high heels and such.

Gooose laugh

#127579 - 11/22/01 06:12 PM Re: Gooose's Ark: Part II
Fish Jesus Offline
Spawner

Loc: Tacoma
Gooose, I'll hook you up with some doors. I would suggest some hollow metal frames with say some solid stave core wood doors. Institutional type hardware optional. Wouldn't want any freaky interbreeding going on

I would like to render my carpenter services with Heidi from Tool Time as my mate.

FJ...out.

#127580 - 11/22/01 10:14 PM Re: Gooose's Ark: Part II
Desertdog Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Loc: Winnemucca Nv
Send it down here. Local river has gone completely dry. Wiped out the fishery. Local resivoirs are nearly dry and while they are walleye and bass ponds they are the only game in town. We will take left overs too.

And Gooose, make sure you smack BOTH of them skeeters.

I fish therefore I am

#127581 - 11/23/01 07:54 PM Re: Gooose's Ark: Part II
Dogfish Offline
Poodle Smolt

Loc: McCleary, WA
Someone told me that those EMu were good eatin', but the feathers get stuck in your teeth. eek

They call me POODLE SMOLT!

The Discover Pass is brought to you by your friends at the CCA.

#127582 - 11/23/01 09:57 PM Re: Gooose's Ark: Part II
Krome Brite Offline
Spawner

Loc: Washougal, WA
Too bad RT's not home to reply to any of these posts. laugh I got a question one of you guys might be able to answer though. I've always wondered how you say 'emu' properly. Is it e-moo or e-mew? What's the correct sound on the 'u'? Thanks.

#127583 - 11/23/01 11:37 PM Re: Gooose's Ark: Part II
Anonymous
Unregistered

Krome it depends on which animal your referring to? If it black and white fourlegged wiith horns then its possibly e-moo. I believe e-mew usually describes small furry four legged critters that come in too numerous to decribe color variations. Just my 2 cents worth. Now if its the big nasty 2 legged dinosuar looking thing that I almost flattened in the middle of the Duckabush Road last summer then emu is properly pronounced as "H@ly Sh!@t! What the H@ll on Earth is that? eek This pronounciation is usually followed by thoughts regarding edibility and if 1 1/2 ounce load of bird shot will just make it angry?

Thanks for the offers of help guys but the Arks on hold....bound up the Stihl about 1 in the morning and decided to bag it for the night. Morning found the waters in the driveway down and that big cedar log and saw gone. Anyone spots a big cedar log floating down Hood Canal with a 041 stuck in it give me a holler!

Gooose laugh

#127584 - 11/24/01 10:41 AM Re: Gooose's Ark: Part II
bobbersdown Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Loc: Bellevue Washington
Hey Goose, good thing the waters went down. I envy you though living near a river. Hope to meet up with you some day.

#127585 - 11/24/01 03:51 PM Re: Gooose's Ark: Part II
Krome Brite Offline
Spawner

Gosh, you really lost a chainsaw? That sucks. BTW, I'm talking about the 2-legged bird-like creature. Didn't know there was 4-legged emus? Maybe you're f*cking with me.? wink

#127586 - 11/24/01 11:13 PM Re: Gooose's Ark: Part II
Anonymous
Unregistered

KB :p ! Really don't miss that old saw...it's that cedar I want back. If I didn't need it for the Ark I was gonna make a lifetime supply of wood **** floats out of it. BTW I did almost flatten one of those Emu's. FJ could you send Heidi over anyway to help on the design of Ark III? laugh TJ you'll likely run into me one of these days....I don't do diapers though. rolleyes

TM I'd ask for more info on RT's Emu's but some part of me really really doesn't want to know....
there's some strange stuff that goes on down there. eek

Lastly DesertDog I'm hopin you guys get 90% of the next big one. laugh I'll need the time to work on the Ark III plans with my new engineer Heidi.

Gooose laugh

#127587 - 11/24/01 11:58 PM Re: Gooose's Ark: Part II
Krome Brite Offline
Spawner

Quote:
Originally posted by gooose:
...lifetime supply of wood **** floats...

I spose I'm gonna get hell for that typo for months to come. I'm assuming that's what your talking about. laugh

[ 11-24-2001: Message edited by: Krome Brite ]

#127588 - 11/25/01 12:02 AM Re: Gooose's Ark: Part II
Anonymous
Unregistered

wink

#127589 - 11/25/01 12:34 AM Re: Gooose's Ark: Part II
fish4steel Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: yelm, wa
Gooose you are full of it as usual laugh The river today was a much nicer color, green, not brown. I guess that means your ark building is not a priority? Especially if I told you that there were some metalheads being caught? Whose silly idea was it to build an Ark in the first place? No-No rain stop, dammit!!! Who was it that said to watch out for the boneless brown trout? We know we're in trouble then! wink Let's all just go fishin' and the H with the rest of it!

#127590 - 11/25/01 01:05 AM Re: Gooose's Ark: Part II
Anonymous
Unregistered

Fish4Steel when you have an engineerieng assistant like Heidi....well my priorities are working with wood regardless of rain. wink Heard about them boneless Brown Trout.... don't they show up everytime we get mass rain and the sewage treatment plants just let it flow into the sound?
Waitin to hear Team TP post on the board? eek
Fish On tomorrow although its gonna cost me gear....headin to the worlds snaggiest gear eatin zipperlip stream as I've gotten some interestin e-mail.
wink

Gooose laugh

#127591 - 11/26/01 03:07 PM Re: Gooose's Ark: Part II
Anonymous
Unregistered

Did someone mention emus? I know a little about emus. I know that the 4 legged variety are exclusive to NW Washington. A closer look would reveal the hind legs likely to have leather boots and floppy jeans. eek laugh Look thru your binos for a baseball cap popping up occasionally.

How's this for a co-incidence ... (seriously) while we were at the beach this week the TV news had a story on emus. Apparently they have lost their value due to a poor market. They used to cost a lot. Know you can get emu meat close to the price of turkey. They said it's rich and redish colored and better than ostrich meat. Now they are selling emu oil; calling it a cure all. Ya right. rolleyes

RT

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  The Moderator 
Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
Cam, FisherJoe, Gettin-It-Wet, Krijack, Steelheadstalker
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1450 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13523
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63779 Topics
645378 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |