Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#129796 - 12/09/01 12:05 AM commission hearings
ctflyfish Offline
Juvenile at Sea

Loc: ridgefield wa. usa
I attended the commission hearings today and am estatic to report that the proponents for wild steelhead release statewide were truly excellent. Testimony was scientific, well thought out and presented professionally. Most all the major state groups strongly supported wild release, and the speakers were, in my opinion, very well prepared. Superstars (again my opinion) were, John Farrar, Bob Ball, J.D. Love, John Sowinski, Pete Soverel, and a host of others. The testimony by WSC and FFF was supurb. I'll be astounded if the commission fails to make wild release statewide the law. I'm convinced that major management changes will soon happen. :p

#129797 - 12/09/01 12:17 AM Re: commission hearings
RPetzold Offline
Repeat Spawner

Loc: Everett, Wa
The tone was set when at the begining they asked for everyone in support of wild steelhead release to applaud and the place roared and then when they asked for those in favor of killing wild steelhead release, you heard the claps of about 5 people!!

Thanks to everyone that attended...absolutely AMAZING job!!!!!!!!!!

#129798 - 12/09/01 02:01 AM Re: commission hearings
Sinktip Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Bothell, WA
I would like to thank everyone who came today and testified. I would also like to thank all of you who took the time to write letters in support of Option 1.

The final outcome is still two long months off and a lot can happen politically in that time. Today went well though. It is just possible that the powers that be are starting to see the light. To quote a current song, "If your not part of the future then get out of the way".

Special thanks to our own Sparkey. (Ryan, you rocked!) His testimony was impassioned and turned many heads. It is one thing for the middle and older aged anglers to talk about the need for C & R but when a 20 year old kid gets up there and tells the commission they had better fix it before it is too late, they really listened.

Finally, forgive me for not replying on Rob Allens post but it is late, it has been a damn long day and I am ready for bed. Anyway, I would like to second Rob's thanks to Bob. He has supported the WSC from the start and continues to do so. It is appreciated.

Thanks again to all. Keep your fingers crossed!

Duggan Harman

Moderator:  The Moderator 
Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
Skate
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1334 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13523
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63779 Topics
645378 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |