Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#130688 - 12/16/01 01:35 PM To Mr Ball, Mr Superfisky, Mr Hanson
Yarf'em Offline
Parr

Loc: Port Orchard, Wa. USA
I would like to tell the two of you (Bob, Joe)what a nice job you did on your artical in the Dec-Jan STS Magazine. It's just to bad it had to be with Steve Batting Cleanup.....Anyone who rights in a reputable Magizine as STS should be ashamed to close with his artical... Let me quote "You can also use another of my favorite tricks-from above several boats, dump out a few gallons of low vis oil based paint right in the line toward the boats below. You will have more fun with this than sneaking into a fish hatchery ponds! Watch as these guys reel in thier lines with fresh paint on them. They usually bring in their paint covered anchor ropes and go home." wjat kind of poop is this and in the circle I fish people are outragged.. both with Mr Hanson and with STS for publishing such a artical. Mr. Hanson if I happen to be one of the boats this ever happens to you will be held directly responsible............. this is THE REEL TRUTH, Sorry for my ramblings

#130689 - 12/16/01 03:30 PM Re: To Mr Ball, Mr Superfisky, Mr Hanson
CedarR Offline
Repeat Spawner

Loc: Olympia, WA
Yarf'em, this topic was thoroughly discussed in threads started by Cracker on 11/28 and 11/30. Here are the links:
http://www.piscatorialpursuits.com/ubbcgi/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=1&t=006603
http://www.piscatorialpursuits.com/ubbcgi/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=1&t=006620

I enjoyed the article, too smile

[ 12-16-2001: Message edited by: CedarR ]

#130690 - 12/16/01 06:28 PM Re: To Mr Ball, Mr Superfisky, Mr Hanson
Yarf'em Offline
Parr

Sorry my bad I did not see the other posts on this subject. But I also didn't see where it was stated a joke.

#130691 - 12/16/01 06:54 PM Re: To Mr Ball, Mr Superfisky, Mr Hanson
Anonymous
Unregistered

after reading the sts artical i went out and bought some of this just in case.

#130692 - 12/16/01 07:25 PM Re: To Mr Ball, Mr Superfisky, Mr Hanson
Anonymous
Unregistered

Mr. Yarf'em,

How many times must I appologize for a poor attempt at humor? Also be aware that I clearly had in my transcript of that column sent in to STS a sentence that disclaimed that paragraph as being just a joke - and the copy dept. somehow left it out of my column in the final edtion in the magazine (perhaps because it was after 3 dots ... as I often use in my writing here. Someone there may have thought the sentence was an explaination to them, when it clearly was part of my column). I had e-mailed that column out to a few people for opinions before the Dec./Jan. issue ever came out. Those people have seen the joke disclaimer sentence; as have the proper people now at STS. They have said this will be explained in the next issue.

As for holding me responsible for such an extremely unlikely act on a river, rather than appropriately holding responsible such an utter idiot that might possibly do such a thing, you go ahead and foolishly hold me responsible. I would then expect you to hold the Constitution of the U.S., and all gun manufactures, responsible for all murders. Similar type of misdirected lack of understanding!

Anything more than that need to be said?

RT

[ 12-16-2001: Message edited by: RT ]

#130693 - 12/16/01 08:18 PM Re: To Mr Ball, Mr Superfisky, Mr Hanson
Dave Jackson Offline
Spawner

Loc: Milwaukie, OR
The poster already said that he didn't see the original conversation. And while this should have been done through email in the first place, RT's getting nasty about it isn't called for IMO.

Welcome to the world of being a semi-public personality RT. Takes a thick skin.

#130694 - 12/16/01 09:43 PM Re: To Mr Ball, Mr Superfisky, Mr Hanson
Yarf'em Offline
Parr

I said I didn't see the previous post before and I also said I was sorry. Don't push your logic on me please.

#130695 - 12/16/01 10:09 PM Re: To Mr Ball, Mr Superfisky, Mr Hanson
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Dave Jackson:
The poster already said that he didn't see the original conversation. And while this should have been done through email in the first place, RT's getting nasty about it isn't called for IMO.

Welcome to the world of being a semi-public personality RT. Takes a thick skin.

Oh is this payback for RT telling you that your lame snagging excuse was bull$hit? Face it Dave your credibility around here does not amount to much.

#130696 - 12/16/01 10:38 PM Re: To Mr Ball, Mr Superfisky, Mr Hanson
Anonymous
Unregistered

I missed your second post there Yarf'em (like you missed entire multiple threads on the subject). Please excuse me for that. As for your request at the end of that second post, I guess I'll try not to put correct logic on you if you don't post lame logic on me (in your first post).

Was that too nasty Dave? You, P.P., and Petz sure have earned your strips to be such active NW BB critics, eh? Especially of me (I noticed you had no criticism of Yarf, but you did as usual for my rightful comeback). rolleyes Is it that I didn't invite you to another river cleanup project, or what? Try to deal with it and get over it. Try out the Saturday Night Live character Stuart Smalley's "Positive Self Affirmation" thing in the mirror to make you feel better, rather than continually trying to drag down others to feel better.

I will say this; it's about time that this BB (and other's too) clean up the unnecessary attacks that get into posts. And for many posters, including me, to find a better way to be less defensive when such crap hits the boards! It's not easy to accomplish; it's more compilcated than just aquiring a 'thicker skin'. But if both factors can be improved upon, a much better environment will occur here. I've got some ideas that I will run by Bob first, and maybe we can come up with member suggestion threads toward those goals.

RT

#130697 - 12/17/01 12:09 AM Re: To Mr Ball, Mr Superfisky, Mr Hanson
Fishbait Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Loc: Rivers of OR and SW WA.
Quote:
Originally posted by RT:

I will say this; it's about time that this BB (and other's too) clean up the unnecessary attacks that get into posts. RT

Don't think that will ever happen. Anybody notice that these issues come up during periods of high water or long storms.

Moderator:  The Moderator 
Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
Skate
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
3 registered (20 Gage, steely slammer, wolverine), 1517 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13523
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63779 Topics
645378 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |